Disney World Outfits--What to wear?

brazzledazzler

DIS Veteran
DH & I became APs this past May, and I realized a lot of people at Disney wear Disney clothes, Mickey Ears, Tiaras, etc. It made me feel like I want to embrace this Disney culture and wear some Disney stuff on our next trip! I was just wondering if any of you had specific Disney attire that you bust out on your trips to Disney; for example, I have a friend who wears her tiara from Epcot every time she goes to Disney World.
:earsboy::earsgirl:

Black Sequence, sparkly red bow, Minnie Mouse head band has been my go to for the parks since 2011. I did find some black, furry, stuffed Minnie Mouse hair clip ears with little red bows that I wore on my cruise. These are the only main items that I do wear. I may wear a Disney themed shirt or Disneybounding type outfit as well, but these are not as specific.

Aside from my Mickey Mouse watch, which I wear as my "every day" watch anyway, and my Hidden Minnie crystal pendant, not much. DH and I will occasionally wear a Disney shirt from one or another of the parks. For us, our Disney park wardrobe revolves more around comfort and ease than fashion.

My BF and I are going on our first trip together September 16-21. He is just as much a Disney fan as me. We are wearing themed shirts all week. I'm also making our MNSSHP costumes.

DH and I are big ear hat folks - I've got a special POTC pair my sister got for me back when she was in the college program, and DH has his Oswald ears and a pair of crazy Vinylmation ears too.

DH also has ~7 Oswald shirts that he brings every trip to wear. Otherwise we go for comfort. Sometimes I try for VERY vague Disney-bounds but it's mostly just what I'd wear any other day + some Mickey ears. :earsboy:

DH and I are big ear hat folks - I've got a special POTC pair my sister got for me back when she was in the college program, and DH has his Oswald ears and a pair of crazy Vinylmation ears too.

DH also has ~7 Oswald shirts that he brings every trip to wear. Otherwise we go for comfort. Sometimes I try for VERY vague Disney-bounds but it's mostly just what I'd wear any other day + some Mickey ears. :earsboy:

So that's who I see wearing all that Oswald attire when I'm at the park ;)

DH will have his first Disney shirt to wear on our upcoming trip---a t-shirt from our childhood show Talespin! DH & I like less familiar Disney references.

I got the family matching shirts once we break them out for our MK day!

Other than that I'll find disney shirts at TDS locally and try to match up... DD and I both have a matching minnie shirt (by accident!) or if I put her in belle shirt I'll do similar... DH likes Donald so if it's Donald or Grumpy he wears it!

DD and I have matching minnie ears and DD just got elsa minnie ears, I have some jewelry and DD has a necklace or two also...

So that's who I see wearing all that Oswald attire when I'm at the park ;)

DH will have his first Disney shirt to wear on our upcoming trip---a t-shirt from our childhood show Talespin! DH & I like less familiar Disney references.

:rotfl2:He is so proud of his Oswald shirts. They're all from Lucky Brand 6-7 years ago when they got the rights to run a line of shirts. He got lots of compliments on them when we went to the parks right after Disney re-acquired the rights to Oswald and he hasn't stopped wearing them on trips since. He liked that it was less familiar too (although, that's not so true any more).

:rotfl2:He is so proud of his Oswald shirts. They're all from Lucky Brand 6-7 years ago when they got the rights to run a line of shirts. He got lots of compliments on them when we went to the parks right after Disney re-acquired the rights to Oswald and he hasn't stopped wearing them on trips since. He liked that it was less familiar too (although, that's not so true any more).

Lucky Brand makes really soft shirts (DH buys a lot of Lucky Brand clothes), so that sounds awesome!

I doubt I could convince my DH to wear matching shirts. We might be able to embrace a common theme-like "Mickey"- or a common color, but he's not one to wear "Family vacation!" tee shirts. I, on the other hand, would wear a Disney shirt every day of a trip, if I owned enough of them. I found several Disney shirts at AC Moore for our daughter for 3/$10. I hope to happen upon another sale when it's closer to our next trip. I will Disneybound a bit, and I have a variety of ears to wear.

I haven't had the chance to do it yet, but I'm looking forward to go to the parks in Disney Bound outfits!

I build half of my WDW outfits around the Haunted Mansion ears I'm wearing in my profile pic. I buy too many tops and dresses simply because "this will look great with my ears!"

Etsy and Hot Topic both have huge selections of Disney tank tops and tees, and I buy a couple new ones before each trip. And I'm very excited to bust out the new Mickey watch I bought from Amazon for my trip next week.

I usually go for comfort with a few Disney shirts thrown into the mix. But this next trip I am ordering myself a pair of Minnie ears and then going to be Disney bounding some of my outfits. I plan on grabbing some Disney shirts from Kohls and the Disney store too! My DH wont usually wear character shirts but I plan on trying to find him a Disneyworld shirt that he will wear. He usually just goes with his normal clothes.

We only pack disney shirts to wear when we head to the World. They have a great selection at Kohl's for mens and I often find my shirts at Target. I bought these really nice purple and white mickey ears a few trips ago. I've worn them every trip since.

I only ever wear themed shirts and ears at WDW! In fact, I don't usually pack a whole lot of shirts because I end up buying a few and just wash and wear them during the trip. I rarely leave the hotel room without ears or a tiara! Of course, my WDW clothing is starting to spill over into my every day clothing and people are starting to notice...:dog2:

I have themed shirts for each day plus a couple of extra for evenings. DH usually wears polo shirts and a Disney hat. My DGDs like to see what my shirt is each morning.

I wear my sparkly Minnie Ears. Usually not everyday, but always when I go to MK. I also am going to go Disney Bound this year, again. I did Snow White and Minnie (minnie was for MNSSHP ) last year. This year I will add in Belle and Ariel. I went through my closet and found things that I already own that will work. I got some jewelry on etsy and from hot topic.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I wear my sparkly Minnie Ears. Usually not everyday, but always when I go to MK. I also am going to go Disney Bound this year, again. I did Snow White and Minnie (minnie was for MNSSHP ) last year. This year I will add in Belle and Ariel. I went through my closet and found things that I already own that will work. I got some jewelry on etsy and from hot topic.
View attachment 116614View attachment 116615View attachment 116616

That is too cute! I love the outfits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter