Disney World Outfits--What to wear?

We now try to go every 2-3 yrs so we are working on our 3rd trip with our 7 and 13 yr. old. I am a kid clothing nut so last 2 trips (and planning now for this one)...I buy specific boutique type or handmade outfits for my Daughter (7 now) and then cordinate us around them...my son wears polo or tshirt that semi matches ect. Want to get some good pics!! : )

Thank you! I get ALL my dresses at www.modcloth.com. Since I discovered - and fell in love - with that site, their dresses are all I wear when I'm at Disney!
Thank you for sharing your dress pics and the website! I had never heard of Modcloth but I checked it out after your post and just received my first order! :). Love the vintage-style selections! Perfect for HS :)

We change it up. One year it was solid pastels. Next year it was stripes. This year it was tropical flowered shirt. On sale at Kohls helped. We always go hillbilly check or plaid for hddr and MBBBQ.

I love matching, I usually plan around what dress/outfit my daughter will be wearing and color coordinator with her. I think the matching custom shirts would be a cute idea too.
I also wear my Dooney Disney crossbody bag and I have one pair of Minnie ears that I wear for some photos (cant wear them around all day, they hurt my head!).

it's fun to break out my Disney items for trips...though who am I kidding? I am known as the 'crazy disney person' everywhere I go..... I have lots of tees, some jewelry,and even a couple of 'disney-bound' type dresses (minnie mouse) that I enjoy wearing....

I wear my sparkly Minnie Ears. Usually not everyday, but always when I go to MK. I also am going to go Disney Bound this year, again. I did Snow White and Minnie (minnie was for MNSSHP ) last year. This year I will add in Belle and Ariel. I went through my closet and found things that I already own that will work. I got some jewelry on etsy and from hot topic.
View attachment 116614View attachment 116615View attachment 116616
I love seeing other disney-bounders who aren't ....'kids'.....:rotfl2: just kids at heart..... see WDW is the place where I can play dressup at my age!!!!:cheer2: I love your snow white outfit!

I love seeing other disney-bounders who aren't ....'kids'.....:rotfl2: just kids at heart..... see WDW is the place where I can play dressup at my age!!!!:cheer2: I love your snow white outfit!

Thank you. It's good to stay young at heart. :)

I made sure I was comfy, first and foremost. I know I sweat a lot, so I planned accordingly. We went in August 2014, and our hottest day was 110 degrees, so dressing up too much would have made me miserable. I wore shorts, tennis shoes, and a tank top each day. A couple shirts were Disney shirts, and a couple were Disney-entity shirts. Otherwise they were just plain tanks.

However, my next two trips are planned for October '16 and February '17, so I'm going to be dressing more themed or costumed for those trips :teeth:

All ears, all the time! Seriously, I pack at least two pair and get at least one more every time I go. I'm acquiring quite the collection. I'm also another person who mostly wears Disney shirts - in fact, my last trip I did wear ONLY Disney shirts. My friends who I travel with aren't...quite as into the Disney shirts as I am, but they are happy to humor me and will wear ears along with me. My BFF and I have started wearing matching shirts on one day each trip as well :).

I've just learned of Disney Bounding too and I want to do it on my next trip! Only problem is it's fall now, and I'm not sure i'll be able to find tanks/shorts before April! Maybe at the goodwill.

I also want to jump on the dresses at Disney train! I wore one on my last trip and just wore a pair of underarmour shorts under them. It was pretty awesome~

I am also Disney bounding for my trip! I have outfits for Belle,Repunzel,Anna,Minnie,Star Wars and Snow white :) some I have prep posted on my IG sarajenivieve i'll have better pics including accessories closer to when I go. I also got my bf and I matching couple Disney baseball tees that are super cute

I am also Disney bounding for my trip! I have outfits for Belle,Repunzel,Anna,Minnie,Star Wars and Snow white :) some I have prep posted on my IG sarajenivieve i'll have better pics including accessories closer to when I go. I also got my bf and I matching couple Disney baseball tees that are super cute

Can I follow on Insta? Sounds very cute! and I love following Disney fans like myself! (I'm Bburg on Insta)

Kohl's has a great line called "Minnie rocks the dots" that has Minnie Mouse inspired dresses and light sweaters. Lots of dots, florals, and bows. Many of the patterns have subtle hidden Minnies within the print. Super cute. I snagged one to wear on my date with my DH at California Grill this summer!

I feel like I won't be judged here, since you all can relate, so here goes: I have more than an entire dresser drawer full of Disney store tees. Cinderella, Merida, and Ariel's tiaras. A pirate hat from the ride's gift shop. The plush Maleficent horns. At least a dozen hoodies. 6 pairs of ears. 5 Disneybounds. I don't even know how much jewelry. 6 hairbows. A pair of custom Maleficent shoes. It goes on and on...

Lets just say that at some point in my day at WDW I am perfectly themed to either the ride or character I'm waiting for! But I always think about comfort/function first! Jocky skimmies under dresses/skirts, good shoes, etc.

Heck, I even sewed Minnie and Mickey cutie patches on my park bag.

Sometimes I Disneybound to the parks, but usually I stick with leggings, a comfortable cotton shirt (usually it's Disney), and my tennis shoes. I also try to wear my ears as much as possible. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter