Disney Wonder Panama Canal May 01, 2016

I am curious about vaccines. The CDC recommends yellow fever and malaria for Cartagena, how many actually get them and are the necessary for a cruise. We will be getting off the ship. (I am a mosquito magnet and get frequent bad bites)

I am military so I am a human pin cushion, I have yellow fever already. That's a good thought for my (Fianceé) will be wife on the cruise to look into getting
2-pointdoe

I am curious about vaccines. The CDC recommends yellow fever and malaria for Cartagena, how many actually get them and are the necessary for a cruise. We will be getting off the ship. (I am a mosquito magnet and get frequent bad bites)

You are mistaken. The cdc does not recommend yellow fever and malaria shots for Cartagena. Yellow fever it said is generally not recommend getting a shot. Cartagena it saids no malaria is found in Cartagena. Risk for USA travelers are low.

Last edited:
Good to know. I think I just looked up columbia not specifically cartagena. Thanks.

You are mistaken. The cdc does not recommend yellow fever and malaria shots for Cartagena. Yellow fever it said is generally not recommend getting a shot. Cartagena it saids no malaria is found in Cartagena. Risk for USA travelers are low.

I am military so I am a human pin cushion, I have yellow fever already. That's a good thought for my (Fianceé) will be wife on the cruise to look into getting
2-pointdoe

Thanks for your service, and congrats on your upcoming marriage. Maybe you can get in all the newly wed game on the cruise.

Hi!
We took advice from our doctor re immunisations. We have had the yellow fever, hep A and tetanus. We had these done for this years Panama Canal cruise so we are good to go for 2016!

Getting ready to PIF this week!!!! Then it's just sit back and count down the days.

I think I've rea through this thread pretty well but have not seen a private mixology group started. I do not do other forms of social media so if a FB group has started one I would not know. This is the only thing I would love to be part of on this cruise if anyone else knows can they let me know. Pretty please =)

You can give me your FE info here or work on 10 posts and send it to me in a pm. Whichever you want.
I am lame. I don't know what 10 posts is and I can't for the life of me figure out how to private message you on the boards (I've spent the last 20 minutes trying, and I'm probably missing something REALLY obvious).

I am lame. I don't know what 10 posts is and I can't for the life of me figure out how to private message you on the boards (I've spent the last 20 minutes trying, and I'm probably missing something REALLY obvious).

10 posts is how many times you have to put a message on the thread to be able to pm. Right now you are at 4. So you need 6 more to be able to pm. So just ask questions or make remarks 6 more times and you will meet your goal.

If any of you are deciding to come in and stay the night before the cruise, there is still a group of us getting a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale with a bus (or two) taking people to the port. Still some hotel availability too. You can do just the bus if you want, or just hotel, or both.

Ft. Lauderdale is often cheaper to fly into. We got a group rate on the hotel, which at this point is decent as I think there is something going on in Miami which is really boosting the rates there.

If interested, just let me know. l am not the one organizing it and no one is making money. Just trying to make it easier for everyone.

I live in Florida but still will drive down the day before with a rental car as it's a four hour drive. Doing a rental car because I don't want to leave my car for that long. Cheaper to rent a car.
Is there any more availability on buses from Ft. Lauderdale that anyone knows about. We're flying into FLL the day before, and I'm trying to figure out how to get 14 of us to Miami :)

Well I will tell you after 15 cruises I am so over pirate night. I do like fireworks so we will be out for those, but on deck 4. We like to pin trade in the shops after dinner and never do a cruise without a Palo brunch. Oh if they do a officer hide and seek like on the last two panama cruises, I would not miss that. Also if they do a pool party at night again for adults only, I would not miss it. Oh and we love the crew talent show.
Is the menu at Palo different between lunch and dinner? Is it different on different days? if you know.

We booked 3 staterooms on our cruise last week.We did the WBPC cruise last year and were ready to go again the minute we stepped off the ship! Love the sea days and the chance to really enjoy the ship. I was surprised that even with 15 nights (14 next year), we still couldn't do everything we wanted to do onboard! Best vacation ever!!
I've been really concerned about keeping the kids engaged after 6-7 days (the length of the cruises we've been on). Do they have DIFFERENT stuff to do on the second week that is really different from the first week?

Hi all! I just wanted to share the early birthday present I got yesterday. :) I know some of you have already seen it, but I love it so much, I wanted to share it here. I am ready for our cruise now!
Just saw your birthday tattoo. It is amazing!

Do the characters not sign any items at Guest Services drop off anymore? Or was that just that they decreased the number per cabin from 2?

I'm working on getting signed up.

There is no drop offs at Guest Services for character signing at all. Totally discontinued.

Whenever you are ready for the FE, let me know.

We have a limit of 20 cabins in each FE Group. Once one is full we open a new one, so the biggest it can be is 20. Some might get smaller if people have to cancel but they will not be more than 20 cabins. Usually people only exchange once, but that is totally up to you how participate.

This is our 2nd WBPC (last one in May 2014). Also just did a B2B in October out of San Diego. I would like to sign up 2 cabins for this FE group.
Cabin #1 is Cabin 2080: 3 adults - Jeff (DH) Pam (DW) and Carolyn (Pam's mom)
Cabin #2 is an OGT: 2 adults & 2 children - Larry (DH) Ann (DW) Daniel (15) Elizabeth (1)

I don't think I have enough posts to do PM yet so please let me know if you need any other information.

Hey twokats, I THINK I pm'ed you. Or for all I know I messaged all of my information to the world. I'm hoping I did it right :). Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter