Disney Wonder Panama Canal May 01, 2016

I'm going to go Southwest, so I have to wait until September 29th. I need to come back from San Diego. Plan to stay two days in Old Town first.

It is getting more and more real! :)

I found a pretty good deal on Virgin America, so I grabbed it. I'm waiting for SW to release further dates as well for my return trip home from SD. I'm pretty excited for this trip! It looks like there is going to be a great group of DISers on this cruise! :flower:

I especially want SouthWest as I have enough points for my flight back. (happy dance!)

Yes, there is going to be a really great group on this cruise. :)

By the way, Southwest will release their next set of dates, which include after our cruise, on September 29th!

I think a few people are. I know people tried to get a group together for bus and hotel, but doesn't seem to be enough to make it cost effective.

Hi all,
Is anyone planning on going to Disneyland when the ship gets in California? I'm trying to decided if we are before we go home..

We plan on a few days there. We went before our last PC cruise in 2013, so we thought we would continue and go since we were so close and I am sure we missed some things the first time!!

DL will be our Disney fix for next year I think. Apart from the cruise that is. Though we are having 16 nights in Orlando prior to the cruise, we aren't planning on doing WDW this time and instead having a few days after the cruise in DL. You an get a whole load done there in a few days.

Southwest has moved flight schedule date to October 27 now. Says it could change. We were looking forward to September 29 but now it's October 27.

I think a few on here may have done the Panama Canal before. I haven't done that, but did do the 14 day Western bound Transatlantic last year. LOVED IT! The extra at sea days were heavenly, and it ends up being like sailing with old friends. Lots of interesting activities that people put together besides the Disney Cruise ones. If I could, I'd only do the long cruises!

My husband and I are so excited to be bringing our boys (13 and 10) as well as my parents, my sister, 3 Aunts, 2 uncles and my cousin on this cruise. My immediate family has been on a Disney cruise but the rest are newbies. My dad and uncle have been planning this trip since they were in grade 6. My children have been planning this since we walked off our last cruise (Disney Dream Bahamas October 2013).

so interested in booking this anyone been on a cruise like this before?

We have done this 4 times now, this will be the 5th and all this direction. You have to love the 3 extra hours! It is the best cruise and you would love it.

We have done this 4 times now, this will be the 5th and all this direction. You have to love the 3 extra hours! It is the best cruise and you would love it.

WOW! How fun!! It must be an awesome cruise then! When you say extra hours it is due to the time change?

Okay, well time to put more money down... We are starting to get close to the pay off. I can't wait to have that part done... Mike

HI everyone! We just booked the WBPC cruîse last week while on the DVC cruîse. We finally got everyone on board with a 14 day cruise! I have not done any research on where to stay before or after. I will have some decisions to make before booking air. It will be me (DisneyNerd)' DH - pays for my Disney, and my DS - 15. We love to cruise. My DS loves hanging in the room and relaxing. I like to go and do. DH is a good mixture of both. We look forward to really getting to know our fellow cruisers! I am deciding on FE. I will more than likely join. It seems like it would be super fun for this cruise. I might get everything delivered before the last day!:lmao:

Now, I need to look into hotels and where we stay in San Diego. My DH really wants to go to the zoo and DS wants Sea World. I love to plan so this will be fun!

Last edited:
Good evening all we are getting closer. Time to start working of FE stuff. I loved doing these last time.

Last edited:
HI everyone! We just booked the WBPC cruîse last week while on the DVC cruîse. We finally got everyone on board with a 14 day cruise! I have not done any research on where to stay before or after. I will have some decisions to make before booking air. It will be me (DisneyNerd)' DH - pays for my Disney, and my DS - 15. We love to cruise. My DS loves hanging in the room and relaxing. I like to go and do. DH is a good mixture of both. We look forward to really getting to know our fellow cruisers! I am deciding on FE. I will more than likely join. It seems like it would be super fun for this cruise. I might get everything delivered before the last day!:lmao:

Now, I need to look into hotels and where we stay in San Diego. My DH really wants to go to the zoo and DS wants Sea World. I love to plan so this will be fun!

:welcome: Glad you are joining us. You are right, planning is the most fun.

I have not done any research on where to stay before or after. I will have some decisions to make before booking air.

There is a large group of us that are getting a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and a have chartered a bus to take us to the port. Generally it's cheaper to fly into there than Miami.

I'm going to stay in Old Town when we get to San Diego as I want to go to the Zoo. Hope to do two days in San Diego.

I booked the Best Western Hacienda as they had transportation from the cruiseport, to the Zoo, and to the airport. Since I will have Jagger (the dog in the photo) transportation was a big deciding factor. Plus nice areas to walk with grass. VERY important.

Hi everyone. I am booked for this cruise but won't know for sure if I will go until the PIF date. I sailed this year with my Aunt and loved it.

For those that have the chartered bus from Ft Lauderdale I may be interested. I will be sailing solo most likely and looking to save as much money as possible. Though I loved the convenience of spending the night in Miami this last sailing.

This time I would like to spend more time on this cruise meet thread and get to know you and then meet on the ship. I do not do FB so am glad this thread seems fairly active!

ThePhantomsGirl: it will be nice to see a dog on the ship. This year I kept passing the animal relief station but it was empty as we had no service animals. at least none I was aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter