Disney Wonder Panama Canal May 01, 2016

Good Morning Kathy,
Thanks for your email. I will get that information you needed and send it to you in your email. I will also try and get the same info from my friends and get that to you to.
Thank you so much for making the lists and setting it up.
Mike

Well some more info about us,
The first cruise we did was on the Wonder and we did the Mexican Rivera. We went with two other family's for a total of 13 people in our group. It was a blast. We did two adventures. One was a excusive beach, were the kids were able to play with animals ie. mickeys and birds. They also had mule rides to the top of a hill where they had some zip lines, kids style and they zip lined back to the beach area. Then they feed us some great food. The next one was our first zip line adventure and it was awesome. We had the best time. My kids were 8 and 10 then and they loved the cruise so much they were crying leaving.. I don't know if it was because we went with friends or if it was Disney, but it was the best time. After that my wife and I started working on setting up our next cruise. I'll tell you about that one later. Got to go for now. Mike

If any of you are deciding to come in and stay the night before the cruise, there is still a group of us getting a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale with a bus (or two) taking people to the port. Still some hotel availability too. You can do just the bus if you want, or just hotel, or both.

Ft. Lauderdale is often cheaper to fly into. We got a group rate on the hotel, which at this point is decent as I think there is something going on in Miami which is really boosting the rates there.

If interested, just let me know. l am not the one organizing it and no one is making money. Just trying to make it easier for everyone.

I live in Florida but still will drive down the day before with a rental car as it's a four hour drive. Doing a rental car because I don't want to leave my car for that long. Cheaper to rent a car.

Not sure how to chat here....the hubby and I booked our first " no grandchildren " cruise. ...westbound Miami to SanDiego. ....anyone have any tips or stories for cruising without children ? Thanks !

I can definitely help you with that! My son is grown, and I've never cruised with children. There is so much to do on a cruise that you don't need children to have a good time. Even a Disney cruise, which everyone thinks is just for kids. Not true!

There are the tastings, and classes. There are groups that do things, like walking Deck 4. There's relaxing!

Not sure how to chat here....the hubby and I booked our first " no grandchildren " cruise. ...westbound Miami to SanDiego. ....anyone have any tips or stories for cruising without children ? Thanks !
How do we join a fe group ?

Hello to all! :flower:Just booked our air and hotel. Getting more excited by the day. This will be our 2nd Panama Canal Cruise and our 16th Disney Cruise. :boat: It will be myself (Joanne) ::MinnieMo my DH Greg ::MickeyMo and our DD Katherineprincess: 24. Last one we traveled west to east. So we will get to see it going the other way. :cheer2:
Looking forward to meeting a fun new group of people. :banana: We live in Orange County CA, if anyone has any Disneyland questions I am happy to help. :smickey: We are Annual Pasholders.
Hope we can get a mixology group together :drinking1

Hi All!

We just moved our placeholder deposit today and are super excited for the WBPC cruise! We will have myself (Alexis), DH Sean - DD 12 and DS 4 along with us.

This will be our 4th cruise - not quite gold yet!

Hope to get on board (hehe) with the FE group and Mixology too.

:-)

DH and I travel without children, and have loved our Disney cruises. We've sailed with 2 other lines, thought probably no more Disney,
but friends twisted our arms:rolleyes1. This'll be our 1st full transit, and 8th with Disney.

We are DVC members and AP holders so we make several trips a year to the World. In fact, we'll be headed down on the 8th for our
Grandson's Disney wedding.

This will also be my 8th Disney.

As soon as it cools down a bit, Jagger and I will head to the parks. Can't wait for Food & Wine festival. Love that cheddar cheese soup. In fact sometimes if I go to Epcot, I'll go to Le Cellier just for a bowl of that. ;)

Happy Wedding to your Grandson!

This will be our first cruise ever. So excited, bucket list check disney cruise check. We have 2 kids 11 and 9 come cruise time. Happy to have found this board!
Your family will LOVE cruising with Disney !!! This will be our 4th on Disney but the first without grandchildren. ...we have cruised on 5 other cruise lines but enjoy Disney the most ! Look forward to meeting you.

Just moved our onboard booking from a 7 day on the Fantasy to this cruise. We are super excited. This is our 4th Disney Cruise. We sailed 2ce on the Magic and once on the Fantasy. Looking forward to the Wonder. It will be myself, Spouse Steve, Tommy 11, and Lanie who will turn 10 while on the cruise. We are a homeschool family so we don't have the hassle of pulling the kids out of school.
Welcome....lookin forward to meeting your family!

If any of you are deciding to come in and stay the night before the cruise, there is still a group of us getting a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale with a bus (or two) taking people to the port. Still some hotel availability too. You can do just the bus if you want, or just hotel, or both.

Ft. Lauderdale is often cheaper to fly into. We got a group rate on the hotel, which at this point is decent as I think there is something going on in Miami which is really boosting the rates there.

If interested, just let me know. l am not the one organizing it and no one is making money. Just trying to make it easier for everyone.

I live in Florida but still will drive down the day before with a rental car as it's a four hour drive. Doing a rental car because I don't want to leave my car for that long. Cheaper to rent a car.
Good Morning,
Sounds like a great idea, can you give me some costs. We are traveling from NV. and are planning on flying out on the Friday. Anything that can help with the cost sounds like a great idea. Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Mike

Good Morning all,
Well we are getting closer. I'm so excited I can't wait. I wanted to tell more about us. Our second cruise was on the Fantasy. We did a 7 day cruise on the western Caribbean. This cruise was last Dec. So it was a Christmas cruise. For this cruise we took some other family members and we had a much smaller group. There was the 4 of us and 2 other family members. This time we did a snorkeling adventure and we did zip lining again because one of the others had not. It was fun. For this cruise I had a GOPRO and it took great video. I used it on the zip lines and when we were snorkeling. I have to say I loved Castaway... I would have loved to stay longer. But going from snow in the Sierra's to laying on a beach in my shorts was great. Being on the ship for the Christmas time events was great. My kids were 2 years older on this cruise and I almost never saw them. They were having a great time meeting new friends and doing their own activity's. I did at least get to see them at meals. I had to tell myself that it might be a family cruise, but some times they need to have a vacation too. I have to say it was great all around. Everyone had the best time. We always hate leaving. On this cruise is when we set it up to book our Panama cruise. Well that's all for now. I hope this was not to boring.... Mike

Good Morning,
Sounds like a great idea, can you give me some costs. We are traveling from NV. and are planning on flying out on the Friday. Anything that can help with the cost sounds like a great idea. Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Mike

I believe the rooms are $159 without tax per night. Triples are $169 per night, without tax. Includes breakfast for two people, WI-FI, free airport pick up. We have a bus from the hotel to the port for (I believe) $20 a person.

You can always email me. hollysumner.ff @ gmail.com and I can get you to the person who is organizing it. No one is making any commission or money on this. Just trying to make it easier for all of us.

This is one of the first cruises I've taken with DCL that hasn't left out of Port Canaveral. Will be interesting. I have cruised out of Barcelona when I did the WBTA.

No, you are not boring Mike! Getting to know each other a little bit is always fun. Makes meeting onboard so much easier as it's like you know each other.

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in for awhile, but I bought my one way airfare to FLL today, so it is starting to feel real! :sail:

I'm going to go Southwest, so I have to wait until September 29th. I need to come back from San Diego. Plan to stay two days in Old Town first.

It is getting more and more real! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter