Disney Wonder October 11th, 2015 5 day Baja

Welcome aboard! Let's hope the popularity of these cruises helps convince Disney to share their ships with the West Coast a little more often :cool1:

There's a link to a FB group back a couple of pages. There's an FE exchange being organized there.

I'm thinking if there's enough of us that don't do facebook then we could also organize a disboards FE exchange too ...

How many might be interested ???

:cool1: Welcome to the group Belinda. I am from California also. I think most of us are from the Western states!! I am participating in my first FE on my cruise on our Fantasy cruise next week, :banana: YAY. I also am thinking about my gifts for our cruise!!! Laura is doing the FE list, she may post a link on here to join.

Wow! Where did you get your statistics from? Waiting until next year will be torture!!!

That's from www.cruisefish.net/finder

For a while the three cruises were pretty even but now the Oct 11 is almost full again!

I picked that one because it's Canadian Thanksgiving on the Monday. Is that Columbus day in the US? Is that why everyone wants that week rather than the others?

That's from www.cruisefish.net/finder For a while the three cruises were pretty even but now the Oct 11 is almost full again! I picked that one because it's Canadian Thanksgiving on the Monday. Is that Columbus day in the US? Is that why everyone wants that week rather than the others?
Yes, Monday is a holiday so it would be 1 less day out of school for the kids. :)

This will be our 6th Disney cruise, but our first to Mexico. We, DH, DS (17 at time of sailing) and I have sailed on the Wonder many times and love it! This ship feels like a comfy pair of slippers. :thumbsup2 Just had to book another cruise as soon as we got home from our spring cruise on the Dream.

I would like to join the FE.

So, here's to a great cruise and the making of new friends!

Hello, My family consisting of myself Joe, wife Amy and our 4 kids. We will also be cruising with my parents 3 sisters, one of my brothers and their families. We have a big group 23 people in all.

We booked this cruise back in May, I didn't think to join this tread until now and I am surprised how many people are already on here and part of the facebook group. This should be a fun cruise!!

This is our second Disney cruise It's hard to get excited when the cruise is so far off but HEY it's a DISNEY CRUISE so... Yeah we are all pretty excited. If there is any info yet on a FE we would love to be a part of it. My wife has some great ideas, she is the overly creative type!! :)

Hi everyone! Our family is currently booked on this cruise and we would love to be a part of a FE group. We were also on one of the Pixar cruises and just had a blast, my kids have been begging to go on another. I'm so happy DCL finally came back to the west coast. In the interest of full disclosure, we are also booked on the cruise the week of Oct 4. Although I would love to keep both reservations, we are just waiting for our school district to release the dates for the 2015-16 school year and then we will cancel the reservation that does not fit with the calendar. Hopefully we'll know soon. (psst...don't tell the other cruise, but we hope this is the one we get to keep. ;))

We are a family of 6, myself, DH, 2 boys who will be 13 and 11, and 2 girls who will be 8 and 7 at the time of the cruise.

Kind if weird to quote myself, but just wanted to update. This past week our school district FINALLY released the 2015-16 school year calendar and our fall break is during the week of the 11th. So today I cancelled our other reservation and I'm very happy to report we are officially sailing this cruise. YAY!!

1) What city and state are you from? AZ

2) Did you book this cruise to avoid airfare or to pay cheaper airfare compared to other departure ports? Not really. We just wanted to cruise to Mexico on Disney and have been waiting for the chance for this to become available. But what a treat - to not have to pay $400.00 + pp for airfare! . :boat:

3) When you board this cruise, what number cruise will this be for you? Six on DCL

4) What category cabin are you booked in? I requested an ocean view cabin. However, we don't know what we will get until it gets closer. The CM said we are guaranteed a room, but could not tell us what deck or category. She said they always overbook, since they can get several cancellations. So, we shall see. As long as we get a cabin with a porthole, we are good.

Since we will be flying to San Diego a day before, can anyone please recommend a hotel close to port? We don't do fancy, just clean, comfortable and convenient, please.

Many thanks in advance!

Since we will be flying to San Diego a day before, can anyone please recommend a hotel close to port? We don't do fancy, just clean, comfortable and convenient, please.

Many thanks in advance!

:yay: I know there is a hotel across the street from the pier, I think Holiday Inn. The airport is very close to the pier so any hotel by the airport should be good and just a short taxi ride away.

*Only* 370 Sleeps! Can't believe we will be within the one year window. Still trying to figure out how to tell my DH next week. Hmm..I wonder if he'll be mad :lmao::lmao::lmao:.

Woohoo! Yesterday was DH's birthday so waited till the kids were asleep and then gave him the DCL confirmation booklet (gift-wrapped, of course!). Once he got over the shock, he was super thrilled :cool1: Especially when I showed him how much we'd have to pay if we booked it today. Which we can't. At all. Because now the Oct 11 cruise isn't even showing up!

Apparently our cruise is very popular :cheer2:

See Disney - you need to keep a ship on the West Coast!!!!

Hi everyone! We booked this cruise back in May and I forgot to check in here lol.
This will be our 7th cruise. How do you join the FE? Thanks!

Hi All,

We booked for this cruise 2 days ago and can't wait! This will be our 2nd cruise, our first being the NYE on the Dream last year which was fantastic. Looking forward to experiencing the Wonder for something different.

I've also love to join in the FE. There will be 5 of us in our room: me, my husband, his brother and our 2 daughters who will be 5 & 9 at the time.

We'll be flying in from Australia the day before so hope the jetlag isn't too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter