Disney Wonder October 11th, 2015 5 day Baja

Yes our 4 kids that are still at home... are twin 13 year old boys and 15 and 17 year old girls. When I go online I only see 5 rides does that sound right? So is the park more walking/looking type of thing? What is citywalk? And how far is the drive? We could do Universal on either Sunday June 29th or Monday June 30... Wondering which day would be better? :confused3

As the other poster stated, Citywalk is like downtown Disney with shops and a movie theater but people really go for the restaurants. I agree it's better to go on Sunday just to avoid the Monday commuter traffic. In terms of rides, they do have some rides, shows, and the tram tour. I'm guessing the drive may be at least an hour. It's been a long time since we've gone, but at that time it's true that you park then have to walk thru Citywalk to get to universal studios. Let us know what u decide to do! :)

I talked to hubby today and we have pretty much decided NOT to do Universal. We had no idea it was that far from Disneyland and how expensive one day per person is. Their will be 8 of us going.. Each dd is bringing a friend.. so 8 x $80= almost $600 :scared1: after what we are paying for Disneyland and food that is an expense we really don't need to do...yes i'm thrifty ;)

On a side note I HATE it when folks say "Oh my gosh you must be rich to go on cruises" uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggg This land vacation is costing us much more then the 5 nights in Oct 2015. Here is my breakdown...only counting six not 8 so it will be comparing apples to apples.

Six 3 day park hopper [get 4th day free] are $265 x's 6 = $1590 plus I am getting 3% cash back from Ebates so getting $47.70 back.

5 nights in Embassy suites, which sleeps 6 and has full buffet breakfast every morning.. $1047.51

4 day scooter rental $150

2 full tanks of gas for my giant Yukon XL =$250

Snacks/Sodas on trip up and back = $75

$20 per child/adult per day for snacks/lunch inside the park. $120 x 4 = $480

5 dinners outside of park at approx $100 = $500

Souvenirs.. we are allowing $10 per person = $60

Grand Total = $4152

Two Cat 9A's for 5 nights =$3762

Go Figure :lmao:

I talked to hubby today and we have pretty much decided NOT to do Universal. We had no idea it was that far from Disneyland and how expensive one day per person is. Their will be 8 of us going.. Each dd is bringing a friend.. so 8 x $80= almost $600 :scared1: after what we are paying for Disneyland and food that is an expense we really don't need to do...yes i'm thrifty ;) On a side note I HATE it when folks say "Oh my gosh you must be rich to go on cruises" uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggg This land vacation is costing us much more then the 5 nights in Oct 2015. Here is my breakdown...only counting six not 8 so it will be comparing apples to apples. Six 3 day park hopper [get 4th day free] are $265 x's 6 = $1590 plus I am getting 3% cash back from Ebates so getting $47.70 back. 5 nights in Embassy suites, which sleeps 6 and has full buffet breakfast every morning.. $1047.51 4 day scooter rental $150 2 full tanks of gas for my giant Yukon XL =$250 Snacks/Sodas on trip up and back = $75 $20 per child/adult per day for snacks/lunch inside the park. $120 x 4 = $480 5 dinners outside of park at approx $100 = $500 Souvenirs.. we are allowing $10 per person = $60 Grand Total = $4152 Two Cat 9A's for 5 nights =$3762 Go Figure :lmao:

I completely understand. It all adds up!

Next May we are doing the B2B out of San Diego and the cruise fares per person per night is so expensive compared to other cruise options. On the upside NO airfare just drive down . We were going to do San Diego after the cruise for 2 nights to do sea world, relax @the resort, etc. however, the additional costs were going to add another several hundred dollars.

Then the October Baja cruises came out. To afford both months, we will just go the cruises then drive home.

I'm looking forward to seeing what type of shore excursions will be on the cruise. I am not sure if we even want to get off on Ensenada since we have been there a lot and know that there will be fun activities on the ship. Cabos I think we will do something for sure. Has anyone been to Mexico in October? I wonder how the weather will be

1) What city and state are you from? Near San Francisco California

2) Did you book this cruise to avoid airfare or to pay cheaper airfare compared to other departure ports? yes. I wanted to sail out of Florida but would rather use my time in Florida to explore only Disney World but maybe one day.

3) When you board this cruise, what number cruise will this be for you? 2 for Disney but been once on royal and 2 times on carnival

4) What category cabin are you booked in? We booked 11A. I get bad sea sickness so having a balcony or a window while I sleep is not the best idea. I have a bad reaction to the patch behind the ear so I am hoping to find something else this time. I know the ocean can be a little rocky anytime I go to Ensenada. Oh and we are hardly in our room so we just need a bed:rotfl:

I completely understand. It all adds up!
Next May we are doing the B2B out of San Diego and the cruise fares per person per night is so expensive compared to other cruise options. .

It boggles my mind... I don't have ANY clue as to how the figure out the cost of each cruise. For the 5 nights we are paying $1775 for 3 people in each cat 9A, when we priced out the 2 nights following the 5 nights they wanted $2145 for the same amount of people in the same cabin. How can that be :confused3 Hubby says they must have to charge so much because of the short amount of days, and that DCL needs it [$$$] to be worth their time :rotfl: Either way DCL priced us out of the b2b :headache:

Not cruise related but I have a question :hyper: We are taking all our kids down to Disneyland June 26th - July 1st. We are doing Disney for 4 days.. and they want to do Universal Studios for the 5th day.. Has anyone ever gone? If so what is there to do? Did you enjoy it? Do you ride that tram/bus thing all day, or how does that work? Any thoughts or opinions would be great :thumbsup2

:cheer2: YAY, your trip is in a few days. I know you aren't going to Universal, but have you thought about Knotts Berry Farm?? :confused3 It is only about 15 minutes from Disneyland. It has a lot of thrill rides if you like them or they have a water park across the street. It is on Beach Blvd between La Palma and Crescent. Have a great time down here!!!

I did what your suggested, and I'm subscribed. I'm still not getting post notification.

:cool1:Hi Laura,
I was looking around looking for an answer for you. Try this go to User CP.....Settings and Options.....Edit Options......Messaging and Notifications.....Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Maybe you signed up for the dis with a different email address? :confused3

Check under the Control Panel -> edit your details, and verify that the email address is correct.

Also, is there a setting for frequency of emails?

ETA: yes, there is. Do you have it set to Instant emails? There is also daily and weekly.

:cool1:Hi Laura,
I was looking around looking for an answer for you. Try this go to User CP.....Settings and Options.....Edit Options......Messaging and Notifications.....Default Thread Subscription Mode.

I checked what you listed, Pooh bear, and everything looks ok. I got a email notification from a different thread i'm on so it is working, but not for this thread. Let me log off and log back in, again.

I checked what you listed, Pooh bear, and everything looks ok. I got a email notification from a different thread i'm on so it is working, but not for this thread. Let me log off and log back in, again.

:confused3 MMMMM, I don't know, I hope it ends up working for you!!

OMG, yeah!!! It worked. I'm getting the e-mail notification. Back in business. Thanks for your help everyone. I think you need to log out and back in to activate the notification.

Happy Cruising!

Hello everyone!!! We've been booked on this cruise since it was first released but just recently found this cruise meet thread.

Anyway, this will be my family's 6th Disney cruise and we are bringing lots of my husband's family members along with us (who will be trying out DCL for the first time). Although I'm not exactly sure what our current group head count is, I'm going to guess that it is around 30 (and still counting). Our immediate family consists of myself, my husband, and our 2 children (who will be 3 and 9 at the time of sailing).

We are so excited to be back onboard...we can't wait!

Yikes! DH is working from home this week so texted me yesterday to say I had mail from Disney and should he open it. Um....NO! Man, I don't like this secret agent stuff. I tolod him it was probably just junk mail. "But the envelope is heavy, it's like the one we got with our boarding information!"

I told him just to bring it when he came to pick me up. So in the car I just opened a corner to peek in and said 'yep, just a brochure about their new itineraries'....and threw it into my knapsack.

Apparently I'm a good deceiver because nobody questioned me! I thought for sure that my daughter would at least ask to see the brochure and then I'd be so hooped! I'm on crutches at the moment so I couldn't even sneak away to hide it when we got home so just left it in my bag to bring to work today. Finally got to open it and revel in the "Thank you for booking another Disney cruise!" :yay: :yay:

Yikes! DH is working from home this week so texted me yesterday to say I had mail from Disney and should he open it. Um....NO! Man, I don't like this secret agent stuff. I tolod him it was probably just junk mail. "But the envelope is heavy, it's like the one we got with our boarding information!" I told him just to bring it when he came to pick me up. So in the car I just opened a corner to peek in and said 'yep, just a brochure about their new itineraries'....and threw it into my knapsack. Apparently I'm a good deceiver because nobody questioned me! I thought for sure that my daughter would at least ask to see the brochure and then I'd be so hooped! I'm on crutches at the moment so I couldn't even sneak away to hide it when we got home so just left it in my bag to bring to work today. Finally got to open it and revel in the "Thank you for booking another Disney cruise!" :yay: :yay:
I got the same thing a week or two ago. Kept ours as a reminder of what's to come in the future! :) (ugh...although waiting til next October is so far away!)

On a side note, I just found out a coworker wants to go back on DCL yesterday and told her about us being booked out of San Diego next May and October. She has a family of 5 & the kids are still too young to split into 2 cabins so she'd need a family stateroom w/verandah. October is sold out for her so I told her to look into May & to tell me so I can give guidance. They don't care about itinerary, just want to be on the ship like us. :)

Have you seen the fares lately? They really jumped.... A 5C cabin for $2420 PER PERSON!

Still doing the happy dance that I booked on opening day.:banana:

Have you seen the fares lately? They really jumped.... A 5C cabin for $2420 PER PERSON! Still doing the happy dance that I booked on opening day.:banana:

I just checked for us and it still won't Let us add a family of four but will allow a family of 3. If it did, it went up 66% compared to opening day prices! Crazy!!!

Woohoo! Finally got around to taking in the passport renewals for the kids ...next up: save up so dh and I can get ours renewed too...as much as the kids might prefer to go without us LOL.

446 sleeps!!

We are very excited to go on this cruise! Our favorite (and the kids' favorite) part of the cruise is doing the FE. We definitely want to participate. We would love to sign up when the time comes. (I also need to sign up other family and friends who are also going on this cruise but are not on this thread). I didn't see an "official" list yet... right? I hope I didn't miss it.

This will be our 2nd cruise. Our first cruise was a 7-day to Mexico with DCL and we loved it! Then we found out that Disney was no longer going to Mexico :scared1: and we didn't know which cruise to book after that. Scratching our heads at whether we wanted to spend more money to fly across the country (we are from CA) to get on the boat in Florida or just go with another cruise company. SO happy Disney made this Mexico cruise available!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and giving out our FE gifts! I have already started making purchases. Can't wait!:hyper:

Belinda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter