• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Happy Saturday :wave:
In a conversation with one of our group members, the following question came up. And since we have so many 1st time cruisers, I thought the information may be helpful. So, here is a snippet of the conversation about dining times, show times, and changing didining times.

Question :
8. Dining time / show time - second (but looking to change to first if possible) / Not sure where I find show time?

Reply:
You may be interested ....And as for the dining time / show time, usually, if you go to the early dinner, you will go to the show after dinner, and if you go to 2nd seating for dinner, you will go to the show before dinner. On some occasions they will have a 3rd show time that falls after the 2nd dinner. There are no reservations for the shows. You are free to choose which ever fits your schedule. I just put that in for people who may want to deliver an FE to be received just before bed time. That way they can make sure they deliver it to your cabin while you are at dinner. And if you are unable to change dinner seatings prior to our sail date, you can go to a designated location on embarkation day and meet with the maitre d' and change dining times. You also can change which dining room you start your rotation on. For example if you want to be in Triton's for formal night. You can ask to start in the dining room that will have Triton's on the rotation for formal night. When you are boarding, you will receive the Daily Compass for that day, which will include all of the times for all of the events for that day. On it, at around 1 PM (usually) they will have a location that you can go to change dining assignments, and to make reservations for Palo. Plan to be there as close to the starting time as possible. This will allow you the best choices, and you will not be stuck in a long line.

Hope this helps,
~Tink~

Special Request for all FE participants:

Can you please send me or post what the favorite color is for the Adult Females in each cabin. I am working on a special FE for y'all.

Thanks,
Tink

I haven't quite decided on joining the FE yet. I'll let you know!
No problem. Just so you know, we are keeping the groups small (10 cabins per group). If you decide you want to do the FE, and you want to have more cabins, you are welcome to join more than 1 group.
If you have any questions, you can ask, and I will do my best to help. :D

~Tink~

This weekend is supposed to be our March's Planning Party party:

The theme for this party is 'Looking forward to seeing you - character cards' and work on FE's.
The 'Looking forward...' cards are post card size pictures of a character (or previous Disney vacation autograph moment photos) that we write a message from the character (in the picture), to the kids, on the back of. Then each month leading up to the cruise, we will send them a postcard to help build excitement. Each months card is typically themed around that months planning party.

Have a great Weekend!

~Tink~

Hi everyone! I was on the previous thread but took some time away from Dis as we had a little Disney Princess a few weeks ago! My husband and I are traveling with our 3 kids - DS12, DS5, and DD 9 months at the time of sailing. We are also traveling with my best friend! We definitely want to participate in the FE.

My husband and I previously sailed on the Fantasy but this is the first cruise for my BF and the kids. Everyone is very excited!

Any advice on hotels or parking in Galveston would be greatly appreciated. We'll be driving in sometime the day before and are thinking about staying the night of debarkment too!

Hi everyone! I was on the previous thread but took some time away from Dis as we had a little Disney Princess a few weeks ago! My husband and I are traveling with our 3 kids - DS12, DS5, and DD 9 months at the time of sailing. We are also traveling with my best friend! We definitely want to participate in the FE.

My husband and I previously sailed on the Fantasy but this is the first cruise for my BF and the kids. Everyone is very excited!

Any advice on hotels or parking in Galveston would be greatly appreciated. We'll be driving in sometime the day before and are thinking about staying the night of debarkment too!

Welcome back Halloween Baby!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
and, congrats on the new arrival :cutie:

I will send you a message with the information needed for the FE in just a bit. If your friend is going to want to be part of the FE also (I'm assuming she is in a different cabin ) you can send her info to me when you send yours.

We have sailed on both this ship, and the Fantasy. I like them both for different reasons. The Wonder is more intaintimate, and I felt that I got to know the crew better.

As for staying in Galveston, we have been looking for some place as well. We are leaning towards the Harbor House. You can see the ship pull in to port, right from your room. They have a complimentary, small, continental breakfast, the cruise port is 1/ 2 mile away (it is only a 10 minute walk), and they offer cruise parking at their sister location, the Galvez (which offers free shuttle to and from the terminal ).
Our other thoughts were to either rent a condo for the night so we could have a small thanksgiving dinner, or renting a house if enough of our friends wanted to share a place big enough for 12 or so.
If we did one of the rentals, we would have to get parking. In January, my husband and I sailed out of Galveston, and we used Discount Cruise Parking. We got a coupon on line, and only paid $35 for the week. We will probably use them again.
The best site I have found for prices on Hotels in Galveston is Galveston.com I would search for Galveston hotels with cruise parking first and find one that meets all of your needs, and then head over to Galveston.com to find the best price.

Hope that helped.

~ Tink ~

TweetyandKitty - If you see this, please reply and let me know you did. I have a packing list favor/reminder to ask you about.

Thanks-

~Tink~

Psalm3012 and spjack13 : Just a reminder :wave2:

I still need some information for the FE list.
Spjack13 - I sent you a conversation with what is needed. If you did not receive it, or can not find it, I would be happy to send it again. Just let me know.
Psalm3012 - I have tried to message you, but you account has not reached 10 posts yet. You are 7 posts short of opening your messaging capabilities. You can easily reach 10 posts by going to the test sight and quickly adding the 7 posts, or you can post short messages here to say hi, or that your {blank} posts away from 10, or you can even post a quick question about the cruise. Read the next post after this one for more details on reaching 10 posts.

We officially have 10 in our 1st group and it is closed. So, when I have all of the information filled in, I can send all group 1 members a copy of the list so you can get going on your FE's.
That also means we now have a group 2. If you are in group 1, and are interested in doing more than 10 cabins, please let me know so I can add you to group 2.

~Tink~

Last edited:
I wanted to repost these 2 entries for any one who is still having problems accessing Messaging. Following the directions below will open your messaging capabilities.

I just got some helpful input / advice for anyone who has just joined the DIS community in regards to being able to message others (or as it is now called, conversations ). Here is a copy of the message :

For those who are new with only a few posts, they will not be able to use the PM system until they reach 10 posts. You might suggest to them that they go to the DIS Technical Support/Test board where they can quickly and easily post some one word (or one letter) posts to get their count up to 10.

Once they have 10 posts, they will be able to send a PM (now called "Conversation"). There will be a link at the upper right on every page to their "Inbox" and they can click on any username and a link to "Start a conversation" will be available. In addition, they will then be able to upload images and have links in their signature

I hope this helps:flower:

~Tink ~

I don't know about anyone else, but I had a little trouble finding the Test board to post on in order to get my posts up to 10.
So, just in case I am not the only one, here is the link to where you go to do your test posts: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/
Once there, start a new thread, and just add replies until you have reached 10. Side note, you have to wait a few seconds between posts.

~Tink~

Happy Friday :cool1::dancer:

I was thinking last night about trying to organize a Meet, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in any of the following:
Pre boarding meet
Mixology class
Group Meet (our last trip, Disney hosted this for our group. We had to have, I think, a minimum of 25 people sign up. They gave us a lounge to meet in on the first day, and provided us with snacks and drinks)
Shuffle board tournament
Basketball shoot off
Cabin Crawl (with or with out poker)
*this was new to me when my husband and I cheated on Disney w/ another cruise line in January. We did a Poker Cabin Crawl. 5 people volunteered their cabins for us to tour, and each participant picked up one card in each cabin.
At the end we revealed our cards to see who won. So, we got to see 5 different cabin categories, and play a hand of poker. It was a lot of fun. Not everyone who joins in has to show their cabin, but if you have a special category,
think about sharing so we all could consider it for our next booking.
Pub or lounge meet
Or anything else you might want to suggest.

Let me know what you think.

~Tink~

We may be interested in doing something. When will you need to know? On our last cruise we did a meet and greet and a mixology class. Lots of fun! The other group for our cruise is organizing a wine/chocolate tasting.

I won't start a sign up just yet. I was thinking about testing the water first, and seeing were everyone's interests lay.
If you are interested in any of the ideas, or have a suggestion, just let me know, and I will keep a tally of the possibilities (with posted updates ). Than around May (or sooner if we have an absolute front runner or 2), I will start a sign up sheet.
I have seen the chocolate and wine tasting on a previous cruise, but could never talk my husband into it. He dislikes wine so much that even the promise of chocolate can't get him interested. As for me on the other hand, sounds like a good evening treat!
Oh well, if we liked everything the other liked, and had the same dislikes, life would become boring. I mean would be to introduce me to my favorite meal that I have not found yet?

So, the start of the tally looks like this (assuming what you listed was what you were possibly interested in ):

Pre boarding meet - 0
Mixology class - 2
Group Meet - 2
Shuffle board tournament - 1 (our son)
Basketball shoot off - 0
Cabin Crawl - 2 (Again extra came from our son )(2 - w/poker; 0 w/o)
Pub or lounge meet - 0

*more detailed descriptions of choices in post # 112

~ Tink ~

My interests would be the cabin crawl (w/ poker )and the shuffle board.

Group activity interests

Pre boarding meet - 0
Mixology class - 2
Group Meet - 3
Shuffle board tournament - 2 (our son)
Basketball shoot off - 1
Cabin Crawl - 3 (Again extra came from our son )(3 - w/poker; 0 w/o)
Pub or lounge meet - 1​

~ Tink ~

Last edited:
Happy Friday :cool1::dancer:

I was thinking last night about trying to organize a Meet, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in any of the following:
Pre boarding meet
Mixology class
Group Meet (our last trip, Disney hosted this for our group. We had to have, I think, a minimum of 25 people sign up. They gave us a lounge to meet in on the first day, and provided us with snacks and drinks)
Shuffle board tournament
Basketball shoot off
Cabin Crawl (with or with out poker)
*this was new to me when my husband and I cheated on Disney w/ another cruise line in January. We did a Poker Cabin Crawl. 5 people volunteered their cabins for us to tour, and each participant picked up one card in each cabin.
At the end we revealed our cards to see who won. So, we got to see 5 different cabin categories, and play a hand of poker. It was a lot of fun. Not everyone who joins in has to show their cabin, but if you have a special category,
think about sharing so we all could consider it for our next booking.
Pub or lounge meet
Or anything else you might want to suggest.

Let me know what you think.

~Tink~
We will be interested in the pre boarding meet and the group meet for sure. Unsure of others. I will have a two yr old, remember?

We will be interested in the pre boarding meet and the group meet for sure. Unsure of others. I will have a two yr old, remember?
Hi Faye, and welcome to the board :D
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I am glad you found it.
I will add you to the for pre boarding and group meet.
If y'all decide to drive down the night before, maybe we can all find some place to have dinner. At this point if we go down the night before we are probably going to be staying at the Harbor House so we can see the ship come in and walk to the port after breakfast. The other thing we were considering, and trying to talk to Tim about was renting a condo big enough for a large group. And since it would have a kitchen, we could make a Thanksgiving dinner.
Oh, also, there are 2 other group members, their board names are Solaryss and The Schick 4, they will also be traveling with 2 year olds (both boys though). Maybe we can put a sign up for toddler play date (or splash zone date). Just a thought.

~Tink~

Group activity interests

Pre boarding meet - 1
Mixology class - 2
Group Meet - 4
Shuffle board tournament - 2 (our son)
Basketball shoot off - 1
Cabin Crawl - 3 (Again extra came from our son )(3 - w/poker; 0 w/o)
Pub or lounge meet - 1
Toddler play date or water play date -​

~ Tink ~

Last edited:
It dawned on me that we have not named our group yet :sad2:

Just a suggestion, I have designed shirts for my family for this cruise that say "Disney Wonder Black Friday Sail" on them.
What do y'all think about that as our group name?

FYI- the shirts are black and have a giant red price tag (w/ the hole cut out to look like a Mickey), there are sail away streamers through the hole, and then in yellow lettering, it reads "Disney Wonder Black Friday Sail $1127.15"

black friday price tag.png
~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter