Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Tink! We talked before about the FE :chat:
It will be just my hubby and me (I'm posting on his account lol) on our 1st Disney cruise! We are so excited :figment::stitch:

We definitely want to join your FE group! I love that it's being kept small since this is our first FE and I am afraid I'm a little overwhelmed!
Welcome back Dispd:D
I have added your name to the FE list and will send you a message shortly with the information I need. Once I get that back, I will add you to the spreadsheet.
And don't worry, we won't tell your husband your using his account :ssst:

~ Tink ~

There are 3 FE participants that I have not received any information from yet.

SPJack13 - you have made enough posts, but I am still unable to share the FE sign up information with you
through the DIS messaging. Please refer to post 50 to make sure you are set up to receive
messages. After you have been able to access messaging, please post on this thread to let
me know or contact me with a message.
When you are all set, I will send you the list of things needed to get you added to the
spreadsheet.

Psalm3012 and. The Schick 4 - We are unable to communicate via messaging until you reach 10
posts. Please refer to posts 57 and post 69 on this thread for information on
how to unlock the messaging feature. After you have
Been able to access messaging, please either post on this thread and let me
know or contact me with a message.
When you are all set, I will send you the list of things needed to get you
added to the spreadsheet.

~ Tink ~

Last edited:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am having 2 procedures done next week, and don't know when I will be feeling up to checking the board. If you post or message me, I will get back to you when I check the board. And since I may not be on when we hit the mark, I want to post the 9 month count down clock. I will make a fun one later. Have a great weekend and I will talk to you soon.

~Tink ~

I have some good news for everyone who does not think they can unplug on vacation :badpc: or :surfweb:

While searching for free wifi in Key West so that school projects can be submitted on time (I know, boo hiss) , I came across a totally free wifi server that looks as though its coverage will reach the boat (based on their coverage map).:thumbsup2

Here is the link to the site for Waterway Wireless https://www.waterwaywireless.com/wi-fi-coverage

~ Tink ~

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am having 2 procedures done next week, and don't know when I will be feeling up to checking the board. If you post or message me, I will get back to you when I check the board. And since I may not be on when we hit the mark, I want to post the 9 month count down clock. I will make a fun one later. Have a great weekend and I will talk to you soon.

~Tink ~
Hope your procedures go well!

We are booked with my parents and two boys for this cruise!!! Yay! We can't wait. This is our 3rd DCL cruise and my parents first. I just found this thread and wondered if anyone started the FE groups? Can't wait to meet you guys :-)
MShelby, you posted a while back expressing interest in the FE. I had not heard back from you. I know since then, the PMing has become messaging, and you have to have 10 posts before I can send you the sign up. You are only 2 away. Please let me know if you are still interested. If you are, after you reply, you can make one more post and we can start messaging.

~Tink~

The Schick 4, I tried to send you a PM with the information needed for the FE list, but was unable to send it. The message I received stated that I was not able to send messages to The Schick 4. You may need to go into your profile by hovering over your screen name at the top of the page:

View attachment 78648 When you do, you should see something like the picture. From here, click on contact details, and go in to make adjustment on how and when you receive notifications. To be able to communicate via PM's, you have to allow messages to be sent to you. Also while you are there, make sure you have selected to receive notifications about thread updates (you may need to double check in privacy and Alert Preferences as well).
There are many other neat things to do here like choosing a personalized Avatar and if you choose, and the appearance or lay out of the forum.

If you could let me know when your Personal Messages are set and ready to go, I will try again to send you the message.

~Tink~

Hey - it looked like it was all checked to allow messages to be sent to me. I tried to send on to you, and I don't even see how to do that. I checked all my settings, and everything looks ok. :-/ Maybe try sending me a PM again?

I just got some helpful input / advice for anyone who has just joined the DIS community in regards to being able to message others (or as it is now called, conversations ). Here is a copy of the message :

For those who are new with only a few posts, they will not be able to use the PM system until they reach 10 posts. You might suggest to them that they go to the DIS Technical Support/Test board where they can quickly and easily post some one word (or one letter) posts to get their count up to 10.

Once they have 10 posts, they will be able to send a PM (now called "Conversation"). There will be a link at the upper right on every page to their "Inbox" and they can click on any username and a link to "Start a conversation" will be available. In addition, they will then be able to upload images and have links in their signature

I hope this helps:flower:

~Tink ~

OOOH, ok, this helps. Thanks! I'll do that now! I should have kept reading!

OOOH, ok, this helps. Thanks! I'll do that now! I should have kept reading!
Schick - I have sent you a message. You should be able to click reply and send your information right back.
If you are still having problems let me know.

P.S. Sorry if the directions got to confusing. I started typing as I started trouble shooting. I am glad to see you reached the 10 posts.

~Tink~

:flower:I am back!!!! :flower:

:teeth: and, we reached a milestone. :yay:

:cat: Only 9 months until we :teacher:
:boat: Set Sail
:sail:

Woo Hoo!!!!! :cool1:

I learned something new today while searching for some information for one of our group members! They are now offering the pre-order digital photo CD's for all Disney Cruises. You can't order until a window of about 4 months before the cruise though.
If you are a previous Disney cruiser, you will notice that they have modified how they do the packages. It is now more like the pre-order photo package at the parks where you can get a CD with all of the pictures taken of the people sailing with you in your cabin (you can also get prints, but they give you printing rights with the CD, and you can have them printed later). Based on the price for the CD that includes all pictures taken (currently $295.95) the pre-order price would be worth it if you plan on getting or taking 14 or more pictures. (I am basing this on a single print picture on board costing $20.95).

We have never gone hog wild on board with the photo services (mostly because of the cost). We have always just brought our own camera. However, when we go to the park, we pre-purchase the photo pack, and take every opportunity we can to get our picture taken. The best we have done so far is to get over 800 pictures in a 7 day trip. It broke down to about $0.30 per picture.
With the option to get all pictures taken on a CD for the cruise, we just may have to consider it this time around.

~Tink~

Hi everyone! We will be joining this cruise. Me (35), DH (34), DS (8), DD (4). It's my second DCL cruise and my families first. I'm so excited for them to experience it! It can't come fast enough! We also have our parents, and aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandma joining us. I will enjoy talking cruse stuff with you all over the next several months!

Hi everyone! We will be joining this cruise. Me (35), DH (34), DS (8), DD (4). It's my second DCL cruise and my families first. I'm so excited for them to experience it! It can't come fast enough! We also have our parents, and aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandma joining us. I will enjoy talking cruse stuff with you all over the next several months!
Welcome!

Below is a copy of a post from another thread that I follow here on the DIS. It is a thread that keeps us Texans informed about Disney Gift Card Sales at H.E.B. There sales are usually pretty good. And, the nice thing about Disney Gift Cards is that you can make payments towards your cruise (and Disney Parks as well) using the cards. This deal saves you $15 for every $100 spent. Take a look!

Bump. Almost 3 years later, this is back! This will work 3/4/2015-3/17/2015, so you have some time buy these.

Same process as last time. As always, check GiftCardGranny or Raise.com for H-E-B coupons first. Nothing there now.

1. Grab some $15-$500 Disney Gift Cards, take them to the register (or customer service if you are doing more than 4 or so).
2. Buy one at a time, telling the employee $100 on it. Pay $100. A "Catalina" card will print out for you.
3. Buy the next one, except this time use the Catalina coupon and pay the remaining balance of $85. Another Catalina coupon will print out.

Repeat this step as many times as you want.

So you'll end up with a bunch of $100 Disney Gift Cards bought for $85 and one $100 Disney Gift Card/$15 H-E-B Gift Card combo bought for $100.

There have been a few more posts following this one. One of them mentions that the store did not have it in the system yet, and they had to go through customer service to get the discount / $15 Catalina. The poster recommended that you make sure the signs are up at the gift card area.

~Tink~

Welcome DustyPixi (do you hale from pixiehallow, or are you a mainland pixie :tinker:)
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

If you like to enjoy talking about cruise stuff (especially Disney Cruise stuff), you have come to the right place! :earboy2:
Quick question....are y'all going to want to take part in the FE?
If so, just let me know, and I will get the sign up information to you.

I look forward to getting to know you and talking cruises :goodvibes

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter