Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

I was just looking at the bio luminescent bay tour in San Juan, and came across this.....

Current Conditions of Laguna Grande: During the following months (November-December- January- February-March) bio-luminescence is very poor due to cooler temperatures. This tour is being offered as a night kayaking eco adventure, focused on the ecology and not on the bioluminescence.

If anyone else comes across a different tour, please post about it.
Boo I hope we can see it.

I just booked this cruise yesterday, so excited. I bought a placeholder about 2 weeks about when I was sailing on the Magic. :-)

Cruising will be me, my mother, Jamon 12 and Lilliana 7.

I would be very interested in being added to the FE and a mixology. I haven't read this whole thread yet... Let me know if you need anything else from me for the FE sign up?

Welcome aboard caitty13!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will add you to the roll call, the mixology (how many adults for that...you and your mom, or just you), and the FE list.
I will get the PM for the FE information out to you shortly. We currently are set to do groups of 10, and we are thinking ( in the interest of return luggage space) of trying to stay with small easy to pack gifts, or consumables, or maybe even candies (once you read through the thread, you will see the conversations). If you are interested in more cabins, I would be happy to put you in more than 1 group.

~Tink~

Welcome aboard caitty13!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will add you to the roll call, the mixology (how many adults for that...you and your mom, or just you), and the FE list.
I will get the PM for the FE information out to you shortly. We currently are set to do groups of 10, and we are thinking ( in the interest of return luggage space) of trying to stay with small easy to pack gifts, or consumables, or maybe even candies (once you read through the thread, you will see the conversations). If you are interested in more cabins, I would be happy to put you in more than 1 group.

~Tink~

You can add my mom too. :-) That all sounds perfect, I prefer smaller groups anyway. It makes it a lot less stressful.

Yes we are booked!!! The 18th-20th!! Yay!! I'm glad you called :)
We will be arriving noonish on the 19th. When you arrive, ask for Dee. She is the sweetist! She will make sure you are taken care of.
I shared some of my road trip Mud Pie with her (and the rest of the staff.....which she claimed most of) last time, and brought her some more for Christmas. I will have to have a batch to share when we arrive!:cake:

Have y'all made any decisions about San Juan yet?
Not yet. We are definitely going to stay in Farjardo possibly three nights. I still don't know about San Juan. It would be ideal to find somewhere for our luggage and do a tour off the ship. Or we will possibly get a room the night before we fly back home. I'm still looking for hotel recommendations :)

Have y'all made any decisions about San Juan yet?
We will be arriving noonish on the 19th. When you arrive, ask for Dee. She is the sweetist! She will make sure you are taken care of.
I shared some of my road trip Mud Pie with her (and the rest of the staff.....which she claimed most of) last time, and brought her some more for Christmas. I will have to have a batch to share when we arrive!:cake:
I made my reservation with Dee :) she was super nice. I need some of that mud pie lol

Not yet. We are definitely going to stay in Farjardo possibly three nights. I still don't know about San Juan. It would be ideal to find somewhere for our luggage and do a tour off the ship. Or we will possibly get a room the night before we fly back home. I'm still looking for hotel recommendations :)
The only one that I have found that is currently booking, and seems reasonable is Da House. We were thinking about Casablanca, but there rooms have not become available online, and when I spoke with them, the price they quoted was twice what it was for jan. 26, 2016. We are still looking though.
I have read that there are a few restaurants in Old San Juan that have a baggage check. I can look back at some of the stuff I have uncovered and get that info for you. Plus my previous offer still stands if we get a hotel that will hold the luggage until check in.

I made my reservation with Dee :) she was super nice. I need some of that mud pie lol
I will try to save some, but I can't make any guarantees. That is one of the highlights of any of our road trips, and the boys do a good job of gobbling it up. With the promise of La Kings in Galveston though, I may have a chance.

I've been looking at hotels in San Juan and am surprised at the cost. Wasn't expecting $300/night!

We are looking at staying in Isla Verde for 2 nights.,

I've been looking at hotels in San Juan and am surprised at the cost. Wasn't expecting $300/night!

We are looking at staying in Isla Verde for 2 nights.,
Yeah, I have found better prices closer to the airport. I am trying to weigh out if it is better to stay further from the area we want to see, and take a taxi or bus back and forth or just stay in town. I do think that $300 a night for the quality of accommodations is a bit outrageous though.

Any tips for toddler parents, or others sailing with 6 and under? Will have four kids in our party, 2-6yearolds and 2-4year olds. (Also sorry if I posted this incorrectly, just figuring out how to post!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter