Disney Wonder crossing the Panama Canal, Aug 26, 2016

We looked into it and it looks like it should be pretty simple for us. Going with a Disney excursion would cost more money, $50 pp = $100 for the two of us, and it's only 3.5 hours and includes a dolphin thing we're not interested in. It looks like a cab on our own is a set fare, $10-$20 each way (car vs van). So we will go on our own, just like I did the last time. The set rates make it simpler for those not fluent in Spanish - no bartering or confusion.

If anyone wants to head over with us and share a cab, let me know! There's great snorkeling there, and it's a pretty park area. They have lots of other stuff too. More info: http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/chankanaab.cfm. Looks like it's $21 per adult, $14 per child, with a coupon to save a few dollars. Going on our own will save maybe $40 and give us more time and flexibility there.

My husband and I would be totally interested in sharing a cab with you!

Ok... So I know that in Mexico they accept USD. Does anyone know about Cartagena? Any tips on what to do there? I like the idea of a culinary and emerald tour. To be honest at the moment I'm not really impressed with the port adventures that Disney had to offer in any of the ports that we're stopping at. Any suggestions ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Soooooo excited! Just booked this cruise. We always wanted to do a Panama Canal crossing and the dates were never right. But now they ARE!!!!!!!

Before we took our first cruise we were sure that this would be a one time thing, but like everything else at Disney, we fell in love with cruising and this will be cruise no 16 since 2009.

Looking forward to get to know many of our fellow cruisers! :flower3:

Cruisers Roll Call:
MickeyBoat252
ffenk
Kim Sandoval
AZRose
DisneyLessy
PontiusPython
MeekoPooh
Pinkocto
melglnh2o
PrincessBrit
slykrab
pj2216
MomOf2inSD
ahain
Spacecase1
Lisa
DisneyEJT
Jareds_mommy

Amunet
Krissy22222
MrsMork1

Liat
GarakDS9
Dizneeat

Fish Extender participants:
MomOf2inSD
MickeyBoat252
Amunet
ffenk
DisneyLessy

PontiusPython
melglnh2o
PrincessBrit
slykrab
Spacecase1
Dizneeat

Link to the FE list with details ---- HERE

Anyone in for a FE exchange?
FE Exchanges are very popular, so the number of participants can get quite large, especially as the cruise date nears.
So not to scare someone off by a giant group, the group will be broken up into smaller groups (of about 15 “participant groups” – works better than staterooms as often a family has more than one stateroom).

Be aware that the groups will be divided BY DECKS to minimize the time you will need to deliver the gifts.
To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be JULY 15, 2016. I will then post links to all the individual groups.
Please let me know if you would like to join MORE than 1 group.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a “Private Message” with the following information:

*Stateroom Number

*Names of everyone in your cabin

*Ages of children

Fish Extender 101

Fish Extender Info

cruiseklein_5.jpg

So, do you want to join our Fish Extender Exchange?

I don't have IM capabilities so my apologies for the reply, but can you please add my mother inlaw Betty and her husband David to the FE exchange?

Ok... So I know that in Mexico they accept USD. Does anyone know about Cartagena? Any tips on what to do there? I like the idea of a culinary and emerald tour. To be honest at the moment I'm not really impressed with the port adventures that Disney had to offer in any of the ports that we're stopping at. Any suggestions ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I think it is Peso? Columbian Peso. I was taking a look at alternative excursions for Columbia as well and their price is in COP/USD :)

We feel the same :( There is one for Cozumel that we are excited, but that's it for DCL.

Haha that is EXACTLY what DBF did! He moved in with me and got a new job, did exactly that with the dates already planned. It was awesome o.o
I truly hope it works out for the best for you :)
We will be having to move before the cruise as well (late July). That's why WDW is in the air for us also.

Gosh, we're like mirroring each others' life o.o Tell me ... do you like Disney too? :p lol

As a matter of fact, I do like Disney :laughing: :teeth:

Good luck with the move :)

I'm thinking there can't be any trouble with the vacation, and if there is I just won't accept that job. If you tell them upfront there's usually no issues.

Are you guys planning to do a Disneyland pre-trip and/or Disney World post-trip?

We are planning on staying at WDW for 15 nights prior to the cruise. So far I have Pop for the first 3 nights, booked Kidani yesterday and will book OKW in a few days.
Then we will go on to Las Vegas for 2 nights before heading to Disneyland for another 5 nights.
After the cruise there is only time for one more night (2 days) at WDW before returning home. :(

I didn't know you're from Austria :o

Happy New Year from Chicago ^_^

Yes, Austria is what we call home. :goodvibes

I don't have IM capabilities so my apologies for the reply, but can you please add my mother inlaw Betty and her husband David to the FE exchange?

I sure can add them to the FE list. Are they staying in your stateroom? Otherwise, let me know their stateroom number please.

party:

I was excited to read that there will be several new movies right before our cruise. Mom and I will be enjoying them in the theater :)

So, I noticed all inside and concierge staterooms were sold out just now, so ... as of right now, I counted the ones that were still available in outside and verandah: 88 Staterooms left :eek:

This cruise is selling out quite fast! When I booked, it considerably cheaper, now its just under $5k :faint: (for 2 adults)

Even if it does sell out I've never felt cramped on a sold out cruise. It's going to be fabulous :)

Hello To all!! I swore I added myself into this group back in Sept.but I guess not!! Well myself,DH and DS will be traveling with you guys.We are so excited about this trip...We are Disney lovers as well this will be our 8th cruise. Just counting down the days! and yes please add us to the Fish Extender!!!!!

Also Dizneeat,if you can add us to the Fish Extender group. It's myself Gina.DH Carl and our 14 yr. old son Tyrique. We are in room 7541. Thank you!tried to inbox you through my phone but it was giving me problems!!!

We are doing Disney World after!!!
We are too!
We were going to do Land, but it is just cheaper for us to go to the port instead of trying to do Land as well.

Are you planning on staying on or off property?
I'm hoping for free dining for early September ^_^

Oh yes and welcome to the group!! ^_^

We would like to be put on the FE list for this cruise. We are very excited to be going on the Aug 26, 2016 EBPC. Our first time on the Wonder. We are still finalizing things but right now it looks like it will be 5 adults in one of the Royal Suites!!! Can't wait!

Sorry we kind of fell off the earth there for a while Had a few life changing events. We are back on track now and still going on this cruise: Yea!!!!!
We are Russ (81), Rusty (55), Debbie (53), Katina (41), Kacie (22), and Ashley (18). I hope we aren't too late to join a group. This will be our 2nd time joining an FE group so I feel a little more confident.

Can someone tell me is there a FaceBook page for our cruise as well? I just find it easier to follow FB since I don't get onto either site very often and I get lost on here so easily. Lol

party:

I was excited to read that there will be several new movies right before our cruise. Mom and I will be enjoying them in the theater :)

Sounds pretty interesting to me! Maybe we will finally make it to the movies on board this time. 15 cruises and we have yet to watch a movie. :laughing:

So, I noticed all inside and concierge staterooms were sold out just now, so ... as of right now, I counted the ones that were still available in outside and verandah: 88 Staterooms left :eek:

This cruise is selling out quite fast! When I booked, it considerably cheaper, now its just under $5k :faint: (for 2 adults)

You gave me an idea. I checked ours as well and it was more expensive too!

Even if it does sell out I've never felt cramped on a sold out cruise. It's going to be fabulous :)

Usually when we sail the ships are booked solid. Yes, the pleasure of being stuck with school holidays, but it never felt too crowded. Okay, on the other hand, we never go to the family pool.;)

We are doing Disney World after!!!

Wish we could too, but it's the end of school vacations. :sad2:

Hello To all!! I swore I added myself into this group back in Sept.but I guess not!! Well myself,DH and DS will be traveling with you guys.We are so excited about this trip...We are Disney lovers as well this will be our 8th cruise. Just counting down the days! and yes please add us to the Fish Extender!!!!!

Never mind! :welcome: to our cruise group!

We are right there with you counting down to the cruise. We have never counted down that long and cannot wait for this cruise. :goodvibes

Also Dizneeat,if you can add us to the Fish Extender group. It's myself Gina.DH Carl and our 14 yr. old son Tyrique. We are in room 7541. Thank you!tried to inbox you through my phone but it was giving me problems!!!

Yippie! More participants for the FE! I will add you to the list as soon as this is posted.

Sorry we kind of fell off the earth there for a while Had a few life changing events. We are back on track now and still going on this cruise: Yea!!!!!
We are Russ (81), Rusty (55), Debbie (53), Katina (41), Kacie (22), and Ashley (18). I hope we aren't too late to join a group. This will be our 2nd time joining an FE group so I feel a little more confident.

Things happen. But I am glad you are back now! I will add you to the FE right away. I am sure you will not be disappointed joining our FE group. They are so much fun. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter