Disney Wonder crossing the Panama Canal, Aug 26, 2016

For Cozumel we're going to go to Chankanaab, I've wanted to go for a while now. Nice and easy, get your own taxi over and back, not too expensive. I've been to the Tulum ruins twice before and thought they were fascinating, but lots of mosquitos, take spray.

For some reason I can't quote right now, but Chankanaab is like a marine park. An entry fee of about $20 will give you access to the beach and grounds, and for an additional fee there are animal swims/interactions. We'd like to swim with the manatees.

We are looking at Chankanaab too. I did it in 2009 while there on the Magic. Shared a taxi van with some other cruisers and enjoyed snorkeling there. I was with a native Spanish speaker then and I'm concerned that getting a taxi will be harder now, relying on my own poor command of the language...

We are looking at Chankanaab too. I did it in 2009 while there on the Magic. Shared a taxi van with some other cruisers and enjoyed snorkeling there. I was with a native Spanish speaker then and I'm concerned that getting a taxi will be harder now, relying on my own poor command of the language...

I understand your concern. On a previous trip I tried to ask a taxi driver how much it would cost to go to the San Gervasio ruins, and since I was saying my G in Gervasio, instead of H for Hervasio, he just could not grasp what I was saying for several minutes. Hopefully Chankanaab won't be quite as difficult. And I know they have a set price for going out there.

I understand your concern. On a previous trip I tried to ask a taxi driver how much it would cost to go to the San Gervasio ruins, and since I was saying my G in Gervasio, instead of H for Hervasio, he just could not grasp what I was saying for several minutes. Hopefully Chankanaab won't be quite as difficult. And I know they have a set price for going out there.

We looked into it and it looks like it should be pretty simple for us. Going with a Disney excursion would cost more money, $50 pp = $100 for the two of us, and it's only 3.5 hours and includes a dolphin thing we're not interested in. It looks like a cab on our own is a set fare, $10-$20 each way (car vs van). So we will go on our own, just like I did the last time. The set rates make it simpler for those not fluent in Spanish - no bartering or confusion.

If anyone wants to head over with us and share a cab, let me know! There's great snorkeling there, and it's a pretty park area. They have lots of other stuff too. More info: http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/chankanaab.cfm. Looks like it's $21 per adult, $14 per child, with a coupon to save a few dollars. Going on our own will save maybe $40 and give us more time and flexibility there.

Wow! I just love all your tickers. Welcome back! Will send you an answer to your PM in a few minutes.

I just noticed the FE list starting on the first page! YES! I'm ready to get started planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I asked for a Cricut for Christmas, so....here's hoping!

I just noticed the FE list starting on the first page! YES! I'm ready to get started planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have started on our gifts too! We usually do several small packages per family and now that I know we can take two suitcases each we might continue with that. ;)

And I asked for a Cricut for Christmas, so....here's hoping!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

37 weeks until

DSC_0424.JPG

Don't forget to check the Christmas calendars!

:santa: Food Calendar :santa:
:santa: Hat Calendar :santa:

(Every day you will be able to open one door - corresponding with the date.)

We have started on our gifts too! We usually do several small packages per family and now that I know we can take two suitcases each we might continue with that. ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks! I am doing plenty of planning for gifts without the Cricut, so if I do end up getting it, my world of possibilities will totally open up! haha

As of right now I'm not, but that could still change.
I understand, hard to get that much time off work/school/etc

We haven't decided yet. We are going back and forth.
We're also going back and forth between post wdw or not.
We will be doing land pre cruise because DBF has family there.
Just trying to figure out how it's gonna work with transportation and where we are going to stay

I understand, hard to get that much time off work/school/etc

That's exactly the problem, and I'm hoping to move and have a new job in the next couple months. I'm thinking that might work in my favor though, because I'm going to tell them upfront that I have a 3 week vacation scheduled in August. That gives some leeway at least.

That's exactly the problem, and I'm hoping to move and have a new job in the next couple months. I'm thinking that might work in my favor though, because I'm going to tell them upfront that I have a 3 week vacation scheduled in August. That gives some leeway at least.

Haha that is EXACTLY what DBF did! He moved in with me and got a new job, did exactly that with the dates already planned. It was awesome o.o
I truly hope it works out for the best for you :)
We will be having to move before the cruise as well (late July). That's why WDW is in the air for us also.

Gosh, we're like mirroring each others' life o.o Tell me ... do you like Disney too? :p lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter