• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder 1/29/06

ametaldiva said:
Count me in! This is our (it's just DH and I) first cruise ever! It's an early B-day present for me! As for excursions - we didn't book anything for Nassau - we are planning on just getting off for a little while to look around and shop or maybe visit the Pirates Museum. We did book the Stingray excursion at Castaway Cay. Also, we are visiting WDW for 4 days after the cruise - staying at PC. Maybe we will see some of you guys! I'm making a door sign for our stateroom! :cool1:

We are also thinking of walking over to the pirate museum. We also booked the stingray excursion at CC. What time did you book yours? I believe we are doing the 11:00 am.

Looks like maybe we will be doing the Stingray excursion together - we booked ours' for 11:00 am also! We wanted to get in some snorkeling first if the water is not too cold - that's why we booked the 11:00 am.

ametaldiva said:
Looks like maybe we will be doing the Stingray excursion together - we booked ours' for 11:00 am also! We wanted to get in some snorkeling first if the water is not too cold - that's why we booked the 11:00 am.

We picked the 11:00 am on the advise of the boards. They said it was too much of a rush to get there. And we have our DS6 we are bringing.

Can't wait to see you there.

Anyone know if they are eating at late seating or early seating? Also, is anyone going to Atlantis or has anyone been to Atlantis? Is anyone's kids doing the kids clubs on the ship? Our family is very excited to be going on the ship!!!
Julie :cool1:

Can't help with the kids questions, no kids here :)

We should be seeing cruise docs within the next week or so since I believe we get them 1-2 weeks before the cruise.

We don't plan on heading to Atlantis. Not into gambling or the pools. We will check out the straw market, the pirate museum and then hang out and enjoy the ship.

I believe we find out our dinner rotation when we get our KTTW at checkin. I would love to know earlier too! We have Palo booked for the first night, but I am going to try to change that when we get on board to pirate night.

Pumba, we have Palo booked for Pirate night. I was kinda of bummed because I did not want to miss Pirate night. When are you going for Brunch at Palos? I was thinking of trying the brunch on sea day if I could get it.
We want to do Atlantis for the Dig and the beach.

NewyorkOT said:
Anyone know if they are eating at late seating or early seating? Also, is anyone going to Atlantis or has anyone been to Atlantis? Is anyone's kids doing the kids clubs on the ship? Our family is very excited to be going on the ship!!!
Julie :cool1:
We have late dining, but have requested early dining. So I'm hoping they make that change soon!!! Our DS6 will be going to the kids club. I know he will love it. I also want to go to the pirate museum and then probably hang out on the ship. I don't have res. for Palo - we booked late, but again hoping to get them when we get on board. What's the best night to do that? See everyone in 3 weeks!!! I can't wait. I'm already starting to think about packing!!!! :cool1:

We received out cruise documents!!!! We are so excited. WE are confirmed for the late seating for dinner. We are going to try and change it if we can to the early seating. Anyone else get their documents? :cool1:

I booked through vacationsto go. Who did you book through? I am sure you will be getting them very soon.

We got ours yesterday too! It's getting close now!!! :goodvibes :cool1:

Edited to add: We booked through Sam's Club.

Hi! :wave:

Looked up and saw this post and couldn't believe my eyes - lol! We booked in October for the Jan. 29th Wonder. It's our first Disney Cruise. We are myself, DH, DS-8, DD-6, and DD-3 and are so excited!!!

As far as plans go: We're staying at Radisson the night before the cruise and then doing 2 days after in WDW. Planning on the Pirate Museum and Straw Market in Nassau and DH wants to do the fishing excursion in CC but he also doesn't want to cut into our time there so we might play that one by ear.

We were too late for Palo, and we have a late seating, which we are fine with.

No cruise docs yet - should we be worried????

:flower:

Welcome 4theloveofdisney!!! We booked in October too. I am traveling with a 3y/o DD too. Are you going to have your kids do the kids club? We are doing Palo on Pirate night. I would not be worried that you have not gotten your docs yet. I am sure you will be getting them soon. Did you book through a travel agent or through the Disney site? We are staying on the 5th deck near the kids clubs. We will be doing Disney the day before and the day after we get back from the cruise.
Julie

NewyorkOT said:
Pumba, we have Palo booked for Pirate night. I was kinda of bummed because I did not want to miss Pirate night. When are you going for Brunch at Palos? I was thinking of trying the brunch on sea day if I could get it.
We want to do Atlantis for the Dig and the beach.

Brunch is only served on the day at sea. We currently have 11:30 brunch ressies.

Try to change your palo when you get on board. I know I will be trying FOR pirates night!

AND! Our cruise docs came yesterday! Whoo hoo! The time is coming quickly

Have you done Palo before? I would like to do brunch on sea day. I want to do Palo on Pirate night also except our reservation is not until 8:00pm. I would like to go earlier to double dip at dinner to be at our late seating for the pirate festivities. I will see if we can go to dinner earlier.

NewyorkOT said:
Welcome 4theloveofdisney!!! We booked in October too. I am traveling with a 3y/o DD too. Are you going to have your kids do the kids club? We are doing Palo on Pirate night. I would not be worried that you have not gotten your docs yet. I am sure you will be getting them soon. Did you book through a travel agent or through the Disney site? We are staying on the 5th deck near the kids clubs. We will be doing Disney the day before and the day after we get back from the cruise.
Julie

Hi!

Yes - our kids are very much looking forward to the kid's clubs!! I'm a little bummed about Palo but I don't want to miss out on any of the restaurants and even Pirate Night. I think that will be fun for the kids - lol! We are not big into dressing up but for their sake, we'll roll with it! ;) Still no docs but we did book through a TA so I'm sure we'll be all right! I don't have a room assignment yet but I think we are on deck 8 only because we have a deluxe family stateroom w/verandah. We had to get that because of having 5 people in our group. We tried for connecting and other options but this was the only option available. Anyway, from looking at the deck plan, it looks like this type of room is only on deck 8? Of course, I could be totally wrong - lol!

We can't wait!! :goodvibes

shoppinchik said:
What time is everyone planning to arrive at the port?

We are spending the night at the Radisson and will probably take our time and sleep in a bit - that is if we can! :teeth: Still, we would like to get on the boat as soon as possible and I think I read you can start boarding around 10:30. Is this correct? Not that it really matters - we'll wait. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter