Disney website - someone should be fired

I think we can definitely agree the new website is a mess!

Not only can I not see my resort or dining reservations for my upcoming trip, but I also can't view package prices for another trip I've got in mind. Very frustrating!

Wow! There are a lot of opinions around here, makes me want to not come on this website at all. :( All I'm going to say is I'm not excusing their problems with their sites, we experience the same frustrations you all do as Disney fans. I'm not excusing it, I just want everyone to know that for every glitch there are tons of people working on it, their lives interrupted to fix the issue..... Technology is technology, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But think about the traffic those websites experience, there's bound to be some issues. My husband is not the one who makes the decisions. As in any other company, it's the managers who ultimately make the decisions and sometimes they're out of touch with the reality of those decisions.

stlocke said:
My husband is not the one who makes the decisions. As in any other company, it's the managers who ultimately make the decisions and sometimes they're out of touch with the reality of those decisions.

Exactly, which is why no one was suggesting "some guy who works in the IT department" should be fired. They are suggesting the person who is in charge of the Web site rollout should be fired.

I don't know about how it works at Disney, but at all my jobs, if I failed to actually DO my job on a regular basis...I would be fired. Or at the very least, moved to a position I could actually handle. I've been there, done that with Web site rollouts. Yes, it can be a mess. Yes, I was blamed for things beyond my control, even for user error, and took the blame with a smile (and gritted teeth). I get it. But someone should still bear the consequences. That's how business works. And I, for one, wouldn't take that job. Partly because I know I wouldn't be able to handle the consequences if I couldn't make it happen.

Fwiw, I couldn't log in to the old site, which is all I could access in Chrome--I have cookies set to clear when I close (no error message; it would just bring up the sign in screen over and over). I switched to Firefox and it worked fine. Then I returned to Chrome and voila! I could log in for some reason. That's not exactly good Web functionality, but it worked for me.

I was having a problem the other day looking at dining reservations. For CRT it took me to the screen where it says 'advance payment is required'. I selected 2 adult quests....and then couldn't get any further :(

The 'continue' button was greyed out so that I couldn't click on it.

Does anyone know if this is related to the website problems or if I'm doing something wrong?

I had the same issue at CRT. I have to say it's an issue (in the long line of issues) that is not functioning properly. I went on my iPad and could sign on the old site and made my reservation.

My husband is a cast member for Disney and works on backing up the storage for Disneys various websites. Before they go live with a website, there are months and months (sometimes years) of behind the scenes work and testing that goes on by lots of people! Unfortunately, things happen.....mistakes happen, sometimes its software error and sometimes its human error. Before you say someone should be fired, let me tell you that when problems occur, they try to fix it as fast as humanly possible and their employees are working around the clock to find out what is wrong and fix the issue. Disney cares about their customers and I assure you are working to fix these issues you're all talking about! My husband is on call every three-four weeks and there have been birthday parties he has missed, all nighters pulled, vacations interrupted....all in the name of trying to uphold their reputation and get things up and running. When you get frustrated, just remember they know its a problem....they're not ignoring it, they're working on it and it just may take some time, and their employees are working very hard to fix the problem!!!!

It's great they're trying but if it doesn't work they need to take it down for the time being.

Wow! There are a lot of opinions around here, makes me want to not come on this website at all. :( All I'm going to say is I'm not excusing their problems with their sites, we experience the same frustrations you all do as Disney fans. I'm not excusing it, I just want everyone to know that for every glitch there are tons of people working on it, their lives interrupted to fix the issue..... Technology is technology, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But think about the traffic those websites experience, there's bound to be some issues. My husband is not the one who makes the decisions. As in any other company, it's the managers who ultimately make the decisions and sometimes they're out of touch with the reality of those decisions.

You don't want to come to this website because you are reading about people who are (justifiably) madder than hell that a website they depend on for their vacation planning is completely useless to them? Where millions of dollars are spent daily? Well alrighty then.

The whole point is that there should not have to be tons of people working on it and interrupting their lives to fix the issues. This was a very poorly designed program that wasn't properly tested before it was rolled out. And obviously no backup plan in place to handle any major problems. Whoever was responsible for the decision to go ahead with this fiasco should be out on his ear. Pronto.

My DD worked for that really big, large, huge company out in Washington State for several years. Her only job (and the only job of many others) was to test the new versions of a particular program. Sometimes that testing could last a year. Sure there was a deadline. But that program wasn't released until it worked. Any bugs or glitches found after rollout would be minor and few and far between. Certainly nothing like the cluster .... that has resulted from this latest mess by Disney. The website has always been problematic- now they've outdone themselves and served up a complete disaster.

Exactly, which is why no one was suggesting "some guy who works in the IT department" should be fired. They are suggesting the person who is in charge of the Web site rollout should be fired.

I don't know about how it works at Disney, but at all my jobs, if I failed to actually DO my job on a regular basis...I would be fired. Or at the very least, moved to a position I could actually handle. I've been there, done that with Web site rollouts. Yes, it can be a mess. Yes, I was blamed for things beyond my control, even for user error, and took the blame with a smile (and gritted teeth). I get it. But someone should still bear the consequences. That's how business works. And I, for one, wouldn't take that job. Partly because I know I wouldn't be able to handle the consequences if I couldn't make it happen.

Fwiw, I couldn't log in to the old site, which is all I could access in Chrome--I have cookies set to clear when I close (no error message; it would just bring up the sign in screen over and over). I switched to Firefox and it worked fine. Then I returned to Chrome and voila! I could log in for some reason. That's not exactly good Web functionality, but it worked for me.

Can you tell me how you are accessing the old site? Last week I could see both sites, but now I can only get to the new site. I've used multiple browsers on multiple computers and tried getting to the website via different URLs and I end up at the new website every time.

And I agree with you. I work in IT and this is the kind of debacle that people lose their jobs over.

I would venture to say a lot of this is caused by individuals having too many programs load at start-up on their own pcs and/or too many windows open.
I just navigated it with no problem whatsoever in IE 10.

Opera Browser was another story . . . . .

Not sure if this is related to the new website but I just called to check on a package price and was told that their computers just went down for a reboot and they can't access anything right now. The CM told me it will be about 2 to 3 hours before they are back up and suggested I call back this evening.Maybe they are once again trying to fix things.

I would venture to say a lot of this is caused by individuals having too many programs load at start-up on their own pcs and/or too many windows open.

Trust me, these issues have nothing to do with having too man windows open. I've had the same issues after a reboot and it's the ONLY thing open on my computer.

Is this a joke?

Uh, no. Not even remotely the issue
The fact that you can't pay on a package you have already booked, nothing to do with programs that start up on your PC
The fact that you can't see your old reservations on the new site (and they even point out to you that they can't show them), nothing to do with the programs that start up on your PC
The fact that you can't use their online check in link, nothing to do with the programs that start up on our PC
I could keep going but honestly, no need. Their new site is not fully functional and that has nothing to do with user PCs or browsers

Can you tell me how you are accessing the old site? Last week I could see both sites, but now I can only get to the new site. I've used multiple browsers on multiple computers and tried getting to the website via different URLs and I end up at the new website every time.

And I agree with you. I work in IT and this is the kind of debacle that people lose their jobs over.

As of now the only way I can access the old site is on my iPad using either Safari or Chrome. All other attempts to access give me the new site.

No joke too many start ups affect your pc performance specifically memory . . .which affects everything you do

No joke too many start ups affect your pc performance specifically memory . . .

So you think aaaaalll of the people having issues (many of which probably don't use this board) are running too many programs? Do you also think they're all using Windows ME?

I have been making small payments as I have extra money. I made a payment at the old website last week, which I could still access. It has not cleared my bank and I still cannot add my reservation to the new website. I called this morning to speak with tech support, the answer they are giving is that they are working on the site and there is no estimated time to correct it. The CM could only try to deal with my issue. She confirmed no payment is pending and offered to transfer me to reservations to make a payment on the phone. I said no thanks, I will wait until the site is working again to make any more payments, I have until May. I feel really sorry for the CM taking calls, it must be very difficult to deal with callers when you have no answers.

I just spoke with someone via the online chat and this is what they said.

I do apologize; resort reservations are currently in the process of being added to the new website. I do recommend trying to add your resort in the next 48 hours; if you are still unable to add your resort reservation please chat with us again or give us a call at 407-939-4357.

As of now the only way I can access the old site is on my iPad using either Safari or Chrome. All other attempts to access give me the new site.

Thanks. I had already tried Chrome. So I tried using my Kindle Fire and my Android phone and I still get the new website and, of course, it still can't find my reservation. I give up! :(

Grrr, everytime I try to make ADRs, the site completely stalls out my browser (Safari). This happened to me last week as well. I figured I would wait it out and try again this week but it is doing the same thing. I have to keep force quitting and it still doesn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter