Disney website - someone should be fired

It makes perfect sense in any customer service conversation, if you don't like the service spend your money elsewhere. I work in the industry for a company larger than Disney and the quickest way for a consumer to get change from a company is to affect their profits, not complain. In this case the squeaky wheel does not get the grease!

No it doesn't make sense in this conversation. Every little glitch you run into with a company shouldn't drive you into abandoning them altogether.

Seems a little drastic entirely giving up Disney because their new website isn't fully functional right now. If you simply spend your money somewhere else without voicing a complaint how would they even know why you're not shopping there any longer? :confused3 And there are no larger companies in the amusement park industry than Disney, not even close.

To update, we called today to get reservation numbers for some ADRs we made a few weeks ago (to go with the one's I made yesterday) so that I could "link" them. I entered the reservation numbers and 3 of the 5 show up while two are still nowhere to be seen.

It is so frustrating that such a huge company like Disney can't produce a reliable, dependable, working website :furious:

It makes perfect sense in any customer service conversation, if you don't like the service spend your money elsewhere. I work in the industry for a company larger than Disney and the quickest way for a consumer to get change from a company is to affect their profits, not complain. In this case the squeaky wheel does not get the grease!

The website is not what someone is paying for - they're paying for the trip. The website is helpful and convenient but when the website is down there are other avenues of doing things.

You don't like the food at a restaurant, you don't go back. You don't like the quality of a shirt you bought, you don't buy from there. Really a different playing field when you throw in if you don't like the website, you don't vacation there! Every other part of Disney is great in their customer service (in my experience) which is where it counts the most.

The Disney website being down, while irritating (which is what people are venting about... the irritation) certainly won't mean I won't be spending my money there! That doesn't even make any sense - In order to get Disney to fix their WEBSITE I'll boycott their parks.... y'okay. Good luck with that :thumbsup2

On the 26th, I went and booked a package via the website. Never got a confirmation number but the $200 was deducted from my gift card.

I called yesterday and was told that I had cancelled the reservation.

The phone call was a mess because there was so much static on the line. I wanted to call back but the CM told me not to bother because the line would still be full of static. (I am NOT making this up.) She suggested we try to get through.

I eventually ended up telling her to cancel everything and that I would call Disney Gift Cards directly to straighten the issue of a refund being applied to my card. I was very frustrated with myself for not just trying to call back at a later time.

Disney Gift Cards was great and helped solve my problem quickly and efficiently and with much pixie dust.

I have 3 browsers on my computer, IE, Google and Firefox. Firefox hated the old WDW website so I usually used Google for Disney stuff. When they launched the new site I hated it so I did not switch Google over to the new one b/c I wanted to still be able to use the old one. Used it yest in fact. Today it's gone and only the new one is there. I don't have any of my dining res numbers b/c I relied on the old Disney website to keep them safe. (I do have the times though) It took FOREVER to add my DVC res to the new site b/c of all the nonsense about adding guests profiles. I do not like it at all. Wish I still had the choice to use the old one. :headache:

From my view in the cheap seats...

For a company that prides itself on incomparable customer service, having a website that provides shoddy customer service (it IS a planning tool, after all) is like failing to keep your room clean or serving your food cooked improperly.

They go out of their way to provide excellent customer service in regards to all other aspects of your vacation experience. WHY? Why do they neglect this important area in the year 2013 when a large % of consumers research, purchase and plan their vacations totally online?! Their website is a PROFIT center by itself!

It is unacceptable.

And yes -- at this point, if my vacation wasn't already paid for I would seriously consider cancelling.

Can anyone tell me how to get from step one to step two on the
"Create an Account The sign-in process for Disney accounts has been changed. In order to access your account, please provide the requested information." page?

I've had an account forever, but I can't find a place to hit enter and move to the next page. I only see a cancel button on the left bottom.

Bullseye said:
No it doesn't make sense in this conversation. Every little glitch you run into with a company shouldn't drive you into abandoning them altogether.

Seems a little drastic entirely giving up Disney because their new website isn't fully functional right now. If you simply spend your money somewhere else without voicing a complaint how would they even know why you're not shopping there any longer? :confused3 And there are no larger companies in the amusement park industry than Disney, not even close.

Where in my post does it say anything about amusement park industry? All I referenced was customer service.

Where in my post does it say anything about amusement park industry? All I referenced was customer service.

I believe this is the the reference....

So I got me a typewriter that attaches to my television, and I went to type "WWE" and got the world wide web.

They gots a thing called the walt's Disney World website.

Hooooieeee, that thing sure ain't friendly to a user.

Yes that is my point exactly. The customer service industry.

If you are saying that you work in the customer service industry, it is not really what your post implies - looks like you're stating you work in the same industry as Disney from the sentence structure.

Might want to edit it.

I feel like I won a major battle tonight - I checked in online! :cool1:

The new site has been telling me online check in is down. Tonight we decided to add one night - had to do it as a separate one night reservation at AS Sports (then moving to Music) to get the AP discount. Anyway the confirmation for Sports led me to the old website and let me do online check in - so I entered in the "big" reservation number (9 nights at Music) - it took it and let me do online check in for that reservation too!!

With luck and pixie dust (not holding my breath) we'll check out of
Sports early and be able to check into Music early (I indicated 7 am as arrival time) and then hop to the parks.

In any case I seriously feel (right or wrong) like I *beat* the new website!

If you are saying that you work in the customer service industry, it is not really what your post implies - looks like you're stating you work in the same industry as Disney from the sentence structure.

Might want to edit it.

Or end this direction of the thread before the mods end it.

250px-Davish_krail.jpg

Stay on target.

I think I am blind because I managed to link my reservation but I can't see any place to make a payment! I feel like I am crazy. :badpc:

aaarcher86 said:

You are absolutely correct I was implying i work in the same industry as Disney, the customer service industry. If you think the only industry Disney is in is the amusement park industry then I think that is a very narrow viewpoint. You are absolutely correct that my posts are drastic and steps most of us that love any restaurant, clothing line, grocery store etc.... As much as I suspect everyone here loves visiting Disney would never actually take. My point was any industry that needs consumers to spend money on the goods or services they provide will react quicker to a loss in profits, no one family here and there boycotting Disney would not affect profits enough for Disney to even notice, than they will complaints. A good customer service worker on the front line will and should exceed the expectations of each consumer they encounter, however it is quicker for a corporate policy or website they have invested large amounts of money to change if there is a hit to their pocketbook rather than complaints, especially when it is brand new and all the bugs haven't been worked out.

We clearly are not going to see eye to eye on this as we don't grasp the English language to the same extent. Good Luck!

Yes that is my point exactly. The customer service industry.

There is no such thing as the "Customer Service" Industry. Customer service revolves around specific tangible or intangible things, like carpet cleaning, fortune telling, insurance, auto repair etc etc. Disney is in the Amusement Park, Movie, and Television industry's among other things. This thread is on the "Theme Parks Attractions" board and revolves around their website for their amusement parks. So that's the industry we're talking about.

No one is going to stop patronizing Disney because of a bad website. That's silly. Complain yes, but give up Disney. Give me a break! They would have to do a whole lot more than that. Tell anybody you won't be going to WDW any more because you dislike their new website and they'll think you're nuts. There is no butterfly effect! There won't even be the slightest ripple in the cosmos.

Wanted to print out my hotel reservations(split stay) and dinning reservations so I would have them all on one piece of paper. NOPE it said I had first reservation but not second so DH called and they said we have them she doesn't know why it won't retrieve for us. Oh well I'm sure all will be fine but I agree with a company like Disney they should have an excellent website.

I have a recommendation for you. This will work if you have a smart phone and your original emails from Disney for any reservations you have. There is a awesome app called Trip It. All you do is forward your reservations to the app and they put them all together in this app. It is a life saver. No need to carry around papers or go through email after email on your phone. It puts them all in order by date with every part of the information that you need. It is really simple.

I'm just really frustrated they made it 'live' without it working properly. Myself and many others can't like their reservations or make payments. Why would you go ahead and publish a website that doesn't serve these two important functions?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter