• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney website just cancelled my free dining reservations!!!

azdisneymom

Mouseketeer
Because we weren't set totally on our dates yet because I was trying to find the best airfair deal, we had several free dining packages with several overlapping dates. My husband went on just now to cancel one because we narrowed down our arrival flight. He got to the last page and it said could not process at this time. He went back on to try again and all but one are GONE!!! He called and was told they can't pull them back up because you can't have multiple reservations for overlapping dates. Umm I did!! And your website cancelled them!!! We haven't gotten cancelation emailed, the reservations just vanished. I tried to rebook as new reservations , but it's not showing up as available. I told him to call back and move up the chain of command! I'm so upset!!! Hours of being up at 3am my time to book it all and now it's gone!!

Hopefully it's just a glitch and the reservations are still there. I'm seeing posts here and on other boards that the Disney website is freezing and not loading correctly today. Don't go into full panic mode yet, there's probably a good chance that nothing has happened to the actual reservation -- only the information displayed on the website.

Because we weren't set totally on our dates yet because I was trying to find the best airfair deal, we had several free dining packages with several overlapping dates. My husband went on just now to cancel one because we narrowed down our arrival flight. He got to the last page and it said could not process at this time. He went back on to try again and all but one are GONE!!! He called and was told they can't pull them back up because you can't have multiple reservations for overlapping dates. Umm I did!! And your website cancelled them!!! We haven't gotten cancelation emailed, the reservations just vanished. I tried to rebook as new reservations , but it's not showing up as available. I told him to call back and move up the chain of command! I'm so upset!!! Hours of being up at 3am my time to book it all and now it's gone!!
It was cancelled because the system recognized you had "several" overlapping reservations and cancelled them all.

Yup, not allowed to book multiple overlapping reservations. It stops people from booking adr's they have no intentions of keeping. I'm just surprised it would ever let you do it.

You may get Disney to work some magic, but if they do, it's as a courtesy to you and not because they made a mistake.

Lots of people were doing that because the modify button sucked when free dining got released. Why can't I have multiple reservations? The website allows it?

You can't have mulitples because you don't intend to keep them all. They are in effect, fake reservations. It takes availability away from guests who do intend to use them and costs Disney money.

I agree with you though that it should never let you book them in the first place- I didn't think it did.

This is not helpful to your ADR issue, but I usually book a bounceback which means I'm booking a year in advance, and am not 100% certain of what our dates will be. i generally just book a single trip for 14 days, so that the trip overlaps a bit on each side, and call to shave off days when my plans become more solid. You might want to try that too next time, rather than having to juggle multiple separate reservations. I have also had good luck adding days on one end or another to an existing reservation when necessary.

Good luck to you - I hope you can recover some of your ADRs!

It is probably just a glitch like the disappearing FPs and ADRs I've been hearing about lately. You can certainly have overlapping room ressies - we're a family of 5 and book two rooms for many trips, especially if my mother is traveling with us, and since I'm the planner all the bookings are mine. That's never been a problem for us in the past. Hopefully you're able to get your reservation back without too much hassle.

i generally just book a single trip for 14 days, so that the trip overlaps a bit on each side, and call to shave off days when my plans become more solid.

Just a word of warning- there was quite a bit of discussion over on the resort board about Disney making changes to their reservations and not allowing changes to be made like that- essentially having to cancel and re-book and only being able to if there was still availability. I'm not sure how that would affect a bounceback offer, but you might want to verify that you'd be able to make those changes and still keep the discounted rate.

I had no idea it wasn't allowed. I really started them because it wouldn't let me modify any thing that morning when a better room choice would pop up if I extend a day or two or came a day or two earlier. By the end I had four reservations and figured I would just cancel in a few weeks once I bought our airline tickets and then they'd go back into the free dining pool.

It is probably just a glitch like the disappearing FPs and ADRs I've been hearing about lately. You can certainly have overlapping room ressies - we're a family of 5 and book two rooms for many trips, especially if my mother is traveling with us, and since I'm the planner all the bookings are mine. That's never been a problem for us in the past. Hopefully you're able to get your reservation back without too much hassle.
What you are talking about isn't an overlapping reservation. It is 2 rooms under the same persons name for the same dates. That is different from what the OP is talking about. She had multiple reservations, over multiple dates (some overlapping), which is why the system cancelled them.

I had no idea it wasn't allowed. I really started them because it wouldn't let me modify any thing that morning when a better room choice would pop up when if extend a day or two or cane a day or two earlier. By the end I had four reservations and figured I would just cancel in a few weeks once I bought our airline tickets and then they'd go back into the free dining pool.

Ok, I'm confused. Are these resort reservations that were cancelled? Not adrs?

I thought you meant you had adr's overlapping- but same thing applies really.

I feel your frustration OP. We often have to change dates because my husband's job makes it really hard for us to nail down anything exact until much closer to the start of our trip. We have never been allowed to have multiple reservations with overlapping dates. The only exception is if we are booking two rooms because we can't all fit in one room, but that's all under one reservation number so it's not really the same. It sounds like a glitch in the system allowed you to make multiple overlapping reservations. If you have e-mails with reservation numbers I would call and ask them if they can restore whichever reservation you want locked in. Good luck!

So after speaking with multiple people they would only let my husband keep one reservation so he went with the one we think will work the best. Lesson learned... :(

Ok, so we have resort reservations. 2 rooms and they are both split stays, but all at the same resort. All have different reservation numbers. One set is in my name, the other in my son-in-laws, both paid for by me.

How is that not overlapping?

Ok, so we have resort reservations. 2 rooms and they are both split stays, but all at the same resort. All have different reservation numbers. One set is in my name, the other in my son-in-laws, both paid for by me.

How is that not overlapping?

I think that the difference is that you have multiple rooms but with different people in them. The OP had four different reservations for the same people in the room, and some of them have overlapping dates. You can't be in two rooms at once.

I think that the difference is that you have multiple rooms but with different people in them. The OP had four different reservations for the same people in the room, and some of them have overlapping dates. You can't be in two rooms at once.

Ah...makes sense. Thank you.

Glad the OP got her reservations fixed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter