• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Discount out - confirmed with WDW

Here's the links to the offers on the Visa site:

Stay/Play/Dine:
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwstayplaydineoct12

Room-only:
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

Thanks for posting the links!! I called and the CM asked me for the 3 digit discount booking code. I was like :confused3 . I read her the room-only web page verbatim and she applied the discount for me anyway. There's no code listed on the site.

I got room-only Poly GV 1/9-1/15 for $2009.52 (rack=$3091.50) 35% off!!!

If someone knows the codes, would you please post them? I'd hate for someone else to run into the same problem I did.

Thanks OP for posting this!!! You saved me over $1000.

I had the same issue. The last quote I got I asked them for a price with code Q85 (Moderate and Deluxe) and got a price that made sense. Before I provided this code I was getting the room only discount and dining added on at full price. Hope this helps

Same. Had to call 3x and give my package code I needed to 2 people before someone got it.

Definitely frustrating.

I had to repeat over and over that I wanted Stay/Play/Dine and the CM kept giving me RO. sooo do you think this price sounds right???

POP 7 nights $2158,with 6 day basic tickets, QS dining

I had to repeat over and over that I wanted Stay/Play/Dine and the CM kept giving me RO. sooo do you think this price sounds right???

POP 7 nights $2158,with 6 day basic tickets, QS dining

How many people and what was the original?

That's what they did to me as well. The CM's could not understand that I was getting a r/o discount but still had dining and tickets on there. Every time I said I wanted stay/play/dine they were like 'you have tickets and dining already.'

:furious:

I have been on hold for 40 minutes!!

I wish I did not have such a long day at work, found out about the Discount so early this morning and have been waiting all day to finally call!

Has anyone tried this for POFQ? It is not listed on the website.

Thanks,
Catrin

I have been on hold for 40 minutes!!

I wish I did not have such a long day at work, found out about the Discount so early this morning and have been waiting all day to finally call!

Has anyone tried this for POFQ? It is not listed on the website.

Thanks,
Catrin

Yes, I was quoted POFQ, but decided to go with Pop and save another $200...Good Luck! ;)

I have to admit that I'm a little bummed to be canceling my LM room (was really looking foward to seeing what they've done with the rooms in person, plus the food court sounds AMAZING). But, very glad that a discount FINALLY came out.

2 Adults
8 Nights in POR Garden View Room
9 Day MYW + DDP

$2466 ...Although this is comparable to what we would have paid staying at AoA without a discount, it's $731 less than what the POR package prices out to on the WDW website. Guess I'll see the LM rooms another time...just couldn't pass up a deal!

How many people and what was the original?

That's what they did to me as well. The CM's could not understand that I was getting a r/o discount but still had dining and tickets on there. Every time I said I wanted stay/play/dine they were like 'you have tickets and dining already.'

:furious:

2 Adults, 2 Children(one will be 3) Don't know original at POP but we were in LM for around $2675 so I am assuming it would be about the same.

I told her the code soooo many times and she just kept saying uhhuh uhhuh...then after the 20th time she said "what code do you have" and I tell her and then the price drops another $300...wierd!

2 Adults, 2 Children(one will be 3) Don't know original at POP but we were in LM for around $2675 so I am assuming it would be about the same.

Sounds about right - the top you'd get at a value would be $600 and you're right about there.

Well, an hour and ten minutes later and one very patient Cast Member.... I have finally made up my mind.

We cancelled our POFQ room only and booked POP.

The difference was $400 for five nights....

So.. 2 adults, 1 child.
5 Nights POP Preferred Room
4 Day Basic Park Passes - No Park Hopper
Dining Plan (Upgraded from QS).
$1956.18

I am still trying to decide if this is a good deal for us. I was quoted ROOM ONLY at $508.00. Park tickets are a little over $800. So... not quite sure if we will eat $600 worth of food. We do have CRT booked.. so that is $150 right there. This does allow us to have more of an "experience" for my Daughter's 8th Birthday - whereas we would normally just eat at QS places.

I did not think the POFQ deal was great at all. The room only offer I was given was more than our original AAA discount.

They did have a good POR rate - but not a preferred room. We learned our lesson here as one time we were placed in the furthest building from the center of action and did not enjoy our stay.

Now.. I just have to let my daughter know we will no longer be staying at POFQ.... I don't think this will go over too well, but she is getting dinner in Norway instead!

Catrin

I must be the only one not saving with this...

4 adults for 6 nights with park hopper at AOA suite 31xx.xx no dining is what we had

The t64 was $99 more to add QSDP that doesn't make sense how are you all saving?

I called back today ( almost a 2 hr wait) to switch to 2 pop rooms and it was going to be $1500 per room so still not saving anything.

Am I missing something?

Any idea how 4 adults and 1 infant can do this cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4 adults for 6 nights with park hopper at AOA suite 31xx.xx no dining is what we had

The t64 was $99 more to add QSDP that doesn't make sense how are you all saving?
6 nights worth of food for 4 adults for $99 doesn't save anything? :confused3

This has been one of my slow days - every time I type on here, my brain catches up about 30 minutes later.
So I'll add the new information from my brain (based on misc. reading the last 24 hours or so...)
I think what is throwing you is that now you are (if I recall) essentially adding on the cost of 6 nights of child-priced QSDP for 4 people. For that you are getting 6 nights of adult QSDP food. That's a lot of meals. (2 meals per night x 4 people x 6 nights.)
This is mostly offset by the % off your room rate (and possibly a tiny bit cheaper ticket - at a child's rate). But AoA's discount is only 15% so you aren't saving as much per night as what you are seeing people save who are getting, for example 30% discounts. Hope that helps.

I think I figured it out... I saw all these posts with how much everyone was saving and was confused how I was paying MORE... But you all were including how much the dining plan would cost so I get it now... Sorry new mommy brain. Turns out I'm saving $800 lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6 nights worth of food for 4 adults for $99 doesn't save anything? :confused3

This has been one of my slow days - every time I type on here, my brain catches up about 30 minutes later.
So I'll add the new information from my brain (based on misc. reading the last 24 hours or so...)
I think what is throwing you is that now you are (if I recall) essentially adding on the cost of 6 nights of child-priced QSDP for 4 people. For that you are getting 6 nights of adult QSDP food. That's a lot of meals. (2 meals per night x 4 people x 6 nights.)
This is mostly offset by the % off your room rate (and possibly a tiny bit cheaper ticket - at a child's rate). But AoA's discount is only 15% so you aren't saving as much per night as what you are seeing people save who are getting, for example 30% discounts. Hope that helps.

It does, thank you. I was seeing everyone post about how much they were saving and I called and have to pay more? haha. But I didn't already have any dining already added. I just tried to book online what we are getting to see what we are saving and without the discount it would be 4088.88 so we're saving about $800. I wish it was more, but the suite is expensive! We could save a ton and stay in one value room but I think it would be cramped for 4 adults and an infant for 6 days.

We have put our 2 teens into a value room with us for the last several years. They are very patient, but finally they are like, no we really can't share beds with Mom and Dad any more. So we will not be going as frequently because we just can't afford 2 rooms at the same time. If you can afford the AoA you'll enjoy your vacation so much more. The AoA suites gives you 2 bathrooms and privacy.

I just called and the agent told me that there were no Visa discounts available at this time ?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter