Disney Visa Discount out - confirmed with WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by McKelly, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Offers will be available to the general public on Wednesday October 10th.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mmmcl

mmmcl Mouseketeer

Thank you.

4. pittsburghmom

pittsburghmom Mouseketeer

Would someone mind checking my trip costs? This will be my first trip to WDW and was waiting out FD for Jan, but here is what I (hopefully) came up with:

Dates: 1/9-1/15 7days/6nights
    Resort: AS Movies
    Room: Preferred
    Tickets: MYW Base Tickets
    Dining: QS
    Guests: 2 Adults/2 Children/1 infant

Cost of package: $2585.64--less 25% discount ($646.41)= $1939.23

The cost of the package before I added the QS dining offer was $1962.84....so if I'm figuring correctly it is actually a better deal than FD would have been.....right?

I am not a Disney Visa Card holder, so I would be booking with the GP on Oct 10th, but would like to start getting my airfare locked in if the math looks good to everyone here! Thanks!!

5. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

does anyone have the blackout dates for February?

6. mmmcl

mmmcl Mouseketeer

The 25% discount is on the room only, not the entire package. I don't believe you can price the pakcage discount online, you'll have to call for that.

7. ilovepete

ilovepete DIS Veteran

Yay thank you! I just booked for 8 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids, with regular dining plan at the French Quarter, 1 day park tickets for $2416.08. We did one day tickets because we upgrade them to season passes once we get there.

This is *almost* as good as free dining, so I'll take it! :cool1:

8. mmmcl

mmmcl Mouseketeer

I priced out ASMo for my dates in Feb. Yours wouldn't be as much, but it will give you an idea.

2/8-2/18 at ASMo

3 Adults
    1 Child
    5 day base tix
    Dining Plan (not quick service, i believe you have to upgrade at value resorts)
    $2941.44

9. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

Full details on this offer which goes public October 10th located here

10. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

You got free QS dining basically. I priced it out with free QS dining and it's exactly the discount you got gor 3 adults in the room. So this package deal with 3 or less adults you are getting 'free dining' in a value. In a value with 2 adults and 2 jr's it would still be free dining equivelant.

In a moderate and deluxe I can't think of any way to run it that it would be equal or better than free dining. It's going to come up to be a bit less of savings than what FD that we are used to is.

11. pittsburghmom

pittsburghmom Mouseketeer

Ahhh....sorry about that! I thought it was too good to be true...that's why I posted to make sure! LOL I guess I'll be calling Oct 10th to get some prices for the package deals.....

If any of you Visa card holders do a package deal discount, specifically a Value resort + QS dining.....would you mind posting the numbers here? I'm pretty sure with doing a value resort, it would make sense to do the dine/play/stay discount package vs. room only discount.....right?

Ugg....it was so easy to do the math if it was a FD'ing discount :blush:

12. mom2cse

mom2cse Earning My Ears

I just booked POP in Feb. for 4 nights, 2 adults, 2 children, with 4 days of base tickets, and the DDP.

The room discount worked out to $2,407.52.

The play/stay/dine worked out to $2,169.78.

I'm guessing you can tell which way we went :cheer2:

I may call back and price out a mod. both ways as we want the DDP, but all and all, I'm pretty happy with the price and very happy to finally "know" when we'll be traveling.

Good luck!

13. SarahD

SarahD DIS Veteran

Repeat info...sorry!

14. Jaffa

Jaffa Mouseketeer

What's the difference between a junior and a child?

What's the upcharge to add a Park Hopper to the tickets?

15. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

It's just child/adult with a child being 3 - 9 years old - PH is $57 to upgrade per person regardless of age for all tickets.

16. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

Okay, this is crazy! I called for the THIRD time today and got another very nice CM who managed to get me a discount of $559. :confused3 I changed absolutely nothing vs. the first two calls. Makes no sense to me. Makes me wonder if I call a FOURTH time, will I save even more? :rotfl2: I think I'd still rather have FD and will continue to watch for it, but I took this for now. That means we had to give up our LM room :sad:, but I'm not surprised. Still not 100% certain whether we'll keep the reservation or head back to Liki Tiki ... decisions, decisions.

Oh and I looked at the offer on the rewards site and it says $101/person/night for a moderate room, tix, and DDP. I couldn't get close to that and I still don't get why b/c the first week of Feb is one of the lowest crowd times. The CM couldn't explain that and I finally gave up trying for it. I'm looking forward to the offer going public so I can play around with dates and resorts myself online.

For those it may help ... Our deal wound up being $2319.27 for 2 adults and 1 child for 8 nights at Pop Century std room w/ 7-day MYW tix and DDP (not QS). Dates are 2/1-2/9.

17. la_la

la_la Mouseketeer

I have called 4 times and got a different quote each time. None of which I think are correct. Ugh! I still feel like I'm being quoted too high of a price. Regardless if I'm trying to get a value room or a moderate. Wish I could play around with it online instead of having to trust the CM's, lol!

18. POB14

POB14 Colleen and Mary's BaBa<br><font color=00cc00>Feet

Thank you!

19. PolyLover

PolyLover Mouseketeer

How does it work when you upgrade to an annual pass? What value do they give the pass you already bought through the package. Just trying to understand if this is something I should look into? Usually I'd be after an AP room discount and that would be the point of upgrading to the annual pass. Thanks for any info you have!!!!

20. megan10310

megan10310 Mouseketeer

21. billyr1

billyr1 Earning My Ears

I had the same issue. The last quote I got I asked them for a price with code Q85 (Moderate and Deluxe) and got a price that made sense. Before I provided this code I was getting the room only discount and dining added on at full price. Hope this helps