1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Disney Visa Discount out - confirmed with WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by McKelly, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ljcraw555

ljcraw555 DIS Veteran

Booked March 4 - 11
    POR Standard View Royal Guest Room
    2 adults, 1 child
    8 day base park tickets
    Plus dining plan
    $2,995.15.

Saved $688.17 based on website rates.

Not as good as free dining (which would be a little over an $200 additional savings), but I'll take it! :cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

In the past you have been able to book mulitple rooms with the offer, but since this hasn't been released to anyone yet except via word from phone CM's I don't know the details of the offer. You have to pay for at least the deposit with a Disney visa to get the deal.

4. goofy78

goofy78 …sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue

Thank you. :)

5. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

I just changed my AAA discount at AoA LM room only to the Disney Visa (almost free dining) package at Pop. There are actually 2 different ways to go with the Visa offer...room only OR a discounted package with dining. The gentleman that helped me described the package as something they've never done before since it's a discount on the whole package. He also said it's like "almost free dining". It sounds like it may be the "adults eat and play for the price of kids" that's been discussed here in the past few days. It does save me almost $600 over rack rate, so I'm pleased with it. :goodvibes
    January 5 - 11
    3 adults
    Pop Century - Standard view
    7 Day base tickets
    Disney Dining Plan - not QS (he quoted me the price w/upgrade which I wanted)
    Total package is $2,096.34
    Good luck everyone! :lovestruc

6. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

We booked a package, how do we figure out what portion of the package is "room only" so I can calculate how much the discount would be?? We're going 2/8 through 2/16 and staying at the CR TPV.

7. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

There is no way to know if Disney will even offer free dining for this time frame. Free dining originally was only offered in the hurricaine season - late Aug & Sept. They have offered it at other times the last few years. But that doesn't mean they will continue to offer it. Many years they have offered kids promos early in the year: Kids stay & play free etc. Disney uses what ever promo they think will fill their rooms.

Mousesavers has a list of historical discount release dates if you want to check it out:
    http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart

Best advice is if you see a discount that will work for you, book it. You can always try to change to a different promo if one is offered.

8. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

The gentleman that helped me explained that you can go with room only OR a discounted package that includes dining. He said that this discounting of a whole package is something they've never done before. You can go to the DW site and price a rack rate package and see the difference between what your package costs and rack rate package. ;)

9. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

How many are in your party (adult/kids under 10) and what was your final price? I can figure out the discount given if you have that. I've called and spoke with them this morning and this is the first I've heard of this. The ones I talked to can make it a package but its till just a discount on the room only portion.

10. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

I guess that would help...:rolleyes1 3 adults and total package was $2,097.34. The gentleman I spoke with was very clear in stating that this is a type of package that they've never done before. A discount on the total package. He said there are 2 different specials...a room only and this "new" discounted package, which gives a certain percentage off when you book resort, dining and tickets. I have no idea if it's just Disney wanting to present this special differently, but it sounds like it could be the promotion that's been talked about from Latin America where the "adults eat and play like kids". Anyway you look at it it's a discount that's A LOT better than the AAA I had. :)

11. emmabelle

emmabelle <font color=darkorchid>I better watch out or my ta

just booked GF for 2/3 to 2/9, on hold for less than 10 mins

GF garden view

rack 480.00
    visa offer 312.00

35% off

could've done BC for $234 a night, but figured it's my 50th so what the heck?

thanks Disboards!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

12. Ckmommy72

Ckmommy72 Mouseketeer

Your post makes me very happy!! Your package is almost exactly what I want to book, except my dates are Jan 21-28 and I don't have the visa. Anyone know at this point what if any dates are blacked out? We check in on MLK day. TIA!

13. yost1931

yost1931 Earning My Ears

Ciera321 is right. I just posted this on the other boards but there are two packages. Room only discount, and an overall package discount called "Play/Stay/Dine". Reference that if you call. For us, 2 adults, 2 children, 8 nights at CSR, dining, 9 day tix with no hopper it decreased our price by $765 which came out to roughly 20% on the entire package. My CM told me this is the first of its kind discount, it comes off the whole package, but he wasn't sure HOW it was coming off (like if it were 3 days at the end of a 7 day trip or an overall percentage). He did tell me that the top you can save at a value resort is $600 and that I would save that much with my trip if I switched. Hope this helps.

14. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

My TA just called and apparently CR TPV is excluded. :sad1:

15. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

Thanks!!! The CM I talked with was very helpful and explained the 2 different specials. When I compared the package to room only, it seemed extremely close in price, but with the package we'll eat better. ;)

16. POB14

POB14 Colleen and Mary's BaBa<br><font color=00cc00>Feet

Has anyone found out what the minimum ticket purchase is for the combo offer? (I'm not a cardholder, but I'm trying to plan, since the rumor is the same discounts will be out for the public next week.)

Do you have to buy tickets to match the days of your stay? We never go to the parks every day, so we always buy fewer ticket days than we stay.

17. toothfary7

toothfary7 Earning My Ears

Just book with the Visa package deal (2/27 to 3/3)....4 nts POR, Magic your way dining, 5 day ticket with park hopper. Package price for 3 adults $2091. Did the numbers and had FD been offered on 4 nt stay cost would have been $2011. So this offer is pretty darn close to FD!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

18. Disneyfan3333

Disneyfan3333 Earning My Ears

19. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

2 day MWY ticket minimum required and 3 nights stay

20. jenniferma

jenniferma DIS Veteran

Thank you!

We just switched from POR to POLY.

Here were the offers given:

There are five of us.. Six nights, three adults and two children, five day park hopper with regular dining.

POLY was $5171 down from $6124
    POR- preferred room the offer was $3450, down $954 dollars

Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!
    Jen

21. TIME2DISNEY

TIME2DISNEY Mouseketeer

Woohoo!:cool1:
    Just got the Disney Visa play/stay/dine offer and it saved me over $950! Wow I'm actually stunned. It's a better deal than free dining for me.
    March 2-6. 3 adults 1 child(15). Includes, Polynesian, dining plan, tickets with park hopper.
    This was cheaper than 35% off deluxe.
    Wishing now for EVERYONE to get a discount!:cheer2: