1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Disney Visa-$200 GC offer

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mh1973, Mar 31, 2010.

1. ColleenS

ColleenS Mouseketeer

Geez, I only got a $15 GC when I got my DV 18 months ago. I'd totally apply for another for a $200 CG! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mh1973

mh1973 DIS Veteran

My husband and I both got our new cards, so we will see if both of us get a $200 gc. We applied for our own cards.

4. cooniez

cooniez Mouseketeer

Can someone who received the $200 gift card number please pm me the customer service phone number that is posted on the letter? thanks!

5. AmberHeartsDisney

AmberHeartsDisney DIS Veteran

We got the 100$ sign up i wish i would of gotten the 200 but im happy with 100 :)

6. WINTER

WINTER DIS Veteran

Just checked my first statement online and . . . yes!! the 200 Disney Rewards are there for my taking! :cool1:

A few days ago I received an offer of $150 Disney Rewards but we sent my husband's in for $200 and I got a card out of it too last month which is a better deal than the $150.

7. loganjared

loganjared Mouseketeer

I just checked my online statement and didn't see the offer. Did you have to click on something first?

8. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

When we got the 200 initially I threw it out :eek: cause I read the fine print that said for new members, NOT the case per chase visa....:confused: you can STILL apply of you are credit worthy enough....

THEN ....Same thing here...... we get another, 150 this time, EXCEPT, it was his (ds a TEEN) initial, I first applied under my husbands name, he was turned down :eek: (they said he had recent credit, long story short, he got a SW visa, also chase just weeks earlier (free R/T tik:cheer2: ) but I was still concerned so ran a credit check, he is over 800 and they turned him down :rotfl2::rotfl2: Thats a joke based on our "financial pix"
    Anyhow, I applied using SAME invitation code, just put my first name and ......... then got approved and free $150...
    Meanwhile we already BOTH have Disney Visas and now we have THREE! No issues here, I Never pay interest so its a no brainer for us.......He uses his, I use mine and third one I am using for business stuff....(it is not under my business and is not a business card)

9. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

It's a new application offer although apparently some people who already have the card have gotten it.

10. WINTER

WINTER DIS Veteran

Ours was a new account and this was our first monthly bill after the initial first purchase. My 200 rewards were there. That was actually under my husband's name. I received a $150 offer this week and for the heck of it, went on line, entered the invitation code and was approved. Maybe I'll get $150 on top of his $200. :cool1: Would help out on our trip later this summer.

11. michelle06

michelle06 DIS Veteran

You should do one of the free credit reports for your daughter. If she is getting offers like this, there is a chance her identity has been stolen. This is one of the best crimes because parents don't think to check a credit report for a minor. Someone can get a SSN for a minor and have at least 18 years to use it before it's noticed. Heard a news report on this. go to annualcreditreport.com and you can get a free credit report. Her financial livelihood could be ruined before she even gets started.

12. WINTER

WINTER DIS Veteran

Yes! My card came yesterday and I made my first purchase last night. Had to purchase anti-virus for my computer cause it got a virus. :surfweb:

13. luvmy2boyzz

luvmy2boyzz Mouseketeer

How long after you applied did you get the card in the mail? I got the offer in the mail and DH applied a few days ago. I wanted to put the final payment for my vacation on his card so we could get the $200 credited to his card. I'd like to do it this way because I'm not sure how long it will take Disney to mail out a gift card after first the first purchase and we leave for vacation on June 15th. Final payment is due tomorrow so I don't think it's going to work out unless they have super speedy delivery!! BTW I did not do anything special and had no cancellations so I'm not sure why we got the offer :confused3 But I'm glad we did:cool1:

14. cooniez

cooniez Mouseketeer

Sorry to bug, but does anyone have the customer service number posted on the letter? TIA

15. Mouseturtle

Mouseturtle Mouseketeer

I applied online a few days ago and was approved. I leave for my trip on wednesday - do you think the card will come on time?

16. WINTER

WINTER DIS Veteran

the actual visa card? Probably not. But you never know.

17. Good Morning Dewdrop

Good Morning Dewdrop Have Courage & Be Kind

I'm SO glad you asked this -we're in the same situation. I got "my" Disney Visa (with dh as my co) a few years ago, the we got the $200 offer at my parents house (our last name) so we applied with dh as the main and me as the co - got approved and thus have 2 different cards. Used his once and got the 200 disney dollars

Just got another $200 offer sent to our house in our family name - I didn't know if I should bother to apply for it but hey it's $200 in our pocket if it comes through. Thanks to you all I'm going to send it in - fingers crossed they don't figure out we already have 2 cards!

18. EMHDad

EMHDad DIS Veteran

does anyone know, those disney visa gift cards, are they usable for park tickets and/or the disney resturaunts?

19. OB1

OB1 May the Ears be with you

Since it goes as rewards - you can spend it for most anything Disney. You can use your reward card for food, tickets, hotel, merchandise - most anything at a Disney store. We use ours every trip for most of those items.

20. rackerlee92

rackerlee92 Mouseketeer

We too received this promotion in the mail. I'm the primary on our "original" Disney Visa card and DH is now the primary on this card.

I think I would have just thrown away the offer if not for this thread.

Thank you, thank you!!:goodvibes

21. Nemo32

Nemo32 DIS Veteran

I have a Disney Visa that expires in November - any chances they'll send the offer to me to renew the card? Or does it have to be a completely new account?