Disney...Take me AWAY. (With LOTS of Pics) **Now Complete**

Stressed-Out-Mom: Honey, get off of the railing….Now we’re not supposed to climb on that, honey, it makes Mickey mad…Get down….because,mommy said…I mean it, GET DOWN!!!!

Sappy-Rub-It-In-Your-Face-I’m-Here-With-My-Kids-Mom: When we’re finished with this show, it’ll almost be time to go eat lunch with the Princesses. Are you excited about that?

Sappy-Mom’s-Precious-Kid—Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. OOHHH, will I finally get to meet Cinderella? You said she’d be there. Do you have my autograph book?

You could be talking about my family in both those instances. Back to back, even. Gotta love those roller coasters at Disney. The literal ones. And the figurative ones.

I have a question for you. Would you consider Donald Duck one of the unluckiest ducks you’ve ever seen? And how does he manage to STILL have any friends left? I would have stuffed him long ago--if I were Mickey.

I think you may be onto something here. Maybe that's why Mickey's hangin out with Stitch these days. Maybe he finally got sick of dealing with Donald and that attitude of his and put him up the road.

We absolutely LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic. It's one of our favorites. The scene where it looks like you're flying is the best. Granted, it's no Soarin. Or Maelstrom for that matter, but it's definitely fastpass worthy.

You usually have your iteneraries down to the TIMES you're gonna ride certain rides? And I thought I was bad. You go Miss Organization.

Nice installment J&Rs MOM. Keep em comin.

We had other rides to tend to and most things in Fantasyland go in circles and make TEEBEE ill or sing repetitive songs over-and-over and make us BOTH ill… and homicidal.
I soooo know of which you speak. I got stuck there once for about 40 minutes and it was worse than watching the shrub address the nation!!! :teeth:

J and R's mom said:
Darn those belly dancers. Maybe I need to look into buying one of those outfits. Do they sell them in Morocco’s gift shops? I better check on that later in the trip.

I don't think that you would really need one but I am sure that TEEBEE would not complain too much if you did ;)

OHHHHHHHH I have seen the little belly dancer outfits at the gift shop on the lagoon side of the Morocco. IT was so darn cute. Plus they had those little bitty things you hold on your fingers to make the clinking noises........and WOW I LOVE JUNIOR MINTS......but can't eat them......Oh well I can live thru you eating them... :rotfl: :rolleyes:

Matthewpaul939...I just had to say: WHAT A GORGEOUS, PRECIOUS little one you have hanging from your nose! Congrats on that special little bundle!

Day Two Continues:

We were HUNGRY--thanks to the way-too-authentic-smelling attraction we just exited (Mickey’s Philharmagic for those that may have forgotten). We scanned the itinerary and decided to eat at Pecos Bill’s. I LIKE Pecos Bill’s. It really has nothing to do with the food. I just like the name. I spent a few of my single-digit years living in a speck of a town that shared part of that eatery’s name. Oh yeah, and I REALLY like their condiments bar (be sure you read that word correctly, I don’t want there to be any confusion as to what I’m after at this place, now).

TEEBEE agrees since he’s really not picky and is just thrilled that HE didn’t have to plan any part of this trip. And it’s here that I make a suggestion and try to show-off some of my mad Disney knowledge to my husband:

Me: I know a short-cut to Pecos Bill’s. Aaaannnnddddd…it’ll take us right past the Haunted Mansion. What do you say? Want to ride it first, before we go eat?

TEEBEE: Yeah. Okay. Whatever.

So, I took a right (WHOOPS!) and headed off towards the Castle in search of It’s-A- Small-(homicidal)-World.

Okay…let me stop here for a minute and explain myself—since I keep taking jabs at this poor, innocent ride. I have to confess something. Not counting this trip, I ALWAYS make it a point to go on this attraction. Next to Main Street and the Castle, this annoying little ride DEFINES being in WDW for me. I haven’t figured out why yet. I think it’s because it’s one of the rides that I remember so vividly from my first trip to WDW. So I try to make a point to ride it. It wasn’t in the cards for this trip, however.

Okay. Moving along.

Now, I’ve mentioned before that I’m not as familiar with Fantasyland as I am the other parts of WDW. But I was SURE that I had remembered this shortcut correctly. But when I hit the Castle area, I knew that I had made a tactical error somewhere. DARN IT!

TEEBEE: This doesn’t look right.

ME: GRUNT! Hush. This is the shortcut for the long way around.

For those not quite familiar with the area that I’m referring to, or those that can’t quite remember the layout of MK, imagine, if you will, a clock. Mickey’s Philharmagic is around the 2 o’clock position and the Haunted Mansion is just northwest of the 10 o’clock position. So I should have turned LEFT out of Mickey’s Philharmagic and gone counter-clockwise. But remember, I turned RIGHT and went clock-wise…and ended up walking twice as far. But the scenery was nice. Sure wish I would have taken some pictures of it. But since I didn’t…here is another shot from our November 2005 trip. It's fitting here since we did pass this on my misguided shortcut:

disney0842zi.jpg

You may be wondering if TEEBEE was put out by this side-adventure I led him on. Well, he wasn’t (at least not that he showed). Mainly because he’s accustomed to me doing this type of thing to him. You see, I’m the navigator when he drives. So, we’ve had plenty of these adventures in our time together…and I’m sure we’ll have plenty more…since I love to find shortcuts….to the LONG way around.

Passing by the Hall of Presidents (now at the 7 o’clock position on above mentioned clock) I spot THE HAUNTED MANSION! Yes. We're ALOMST there!

Me: Aren’t you EXCITED, TEEBEE?

TEEBEE: No. I’m tired. And my feet hurt.

Me: Don’t make me make you the 1000th Happy Haunt.

Spooky. That’s the word that sums up the entrance to this ride. But in a COOL way. How did Disney come up with all of that neat stuff? And the humor of this ride starts with those headstones (and possibly the shortcuts taken to get to the attraction). But I’m a coward. And the pre-show ALWAYS spooks me a little…ESPECIALLY at night. And the corpse hanging from the rafters…why did I ever have to look up and see that? Some folks may not know what I’m talking about here either. But at the very end of the pre-show, when the lights go out and it thunders and lightenings…look up at the ceiling… it’s pretty disturbing.

The lights come back on, the door opens and we race to the doom buggies. But we must first conquer the people mover. We both step onto it and aren’t quite sure which buggy we’re supposed to get into. Since the folks in front of us took the buggy we were aiming for, we changed our aim to the one behind them. But we were nearing the end of the people mover. Like I mentioned earlier, TEEBEE views this part of the ride as a personal challenge. So he hurries into the buggy, banging his knee really hard on the handle. OUCH. But, we won. We were in the buggy BEFORE we reached the end of the people mover.

So what happens to the folks who aren’t as lucky as we were? I have a theory. It came to me once while we were on this ride on a previous trip and all the buggies stopped. We were mid-turn, in front of a LOUD speaker, in the room with the floating-head-in-a-globe thingy. In my mind I imagined that someone had failed the Doom-Buggy-Entrance-Challenge and was fed to one of those “things” behind those doors at the beginning of the ride. But I’m sure Disney wouldn’t do that. Would they? Unless it was Mike Eisner. Hmmm…maybe THAT’S where he went.

We made it through the ride and I survived those screaming heads that kept popping up from the ground….and kept SCARING the TAR out of me….again….still. But when we reached the end of the ride, we were cheated. We didn’t get a hitch-hiking ghost. The couple in front of us did. And the empty buggy behind us did…but NO HITCH-HIKING-GHOST for us! Maybe next time.

And speaking of next time: I should make it through our lunch at Pecos Bill’s. Until then, here's a picture from our Dec. 2000, trip with my parents:

disney178tj0.jpg

I'm including this picture since my "shortcut" led right past these things...making TEEBEE really wish I was locked up in them at the moment...And for those that may not know this, the Haunted Mansion is just to the right of where this picture was taken (and a little to the north).

Until next time....

Hey girlie, just wanted you to know I am loving your TR! It's great to see you two kids at play.

And the pre-show ALWAYS spooks me a little…ESPECIALLY at night. And the corpse hanging from the rafters…why did I ever have to look up and see that?
See, now. I LOVE this part. I always look up. But, then again, I am just the very tiniest bit warped.

So what happens to the folks who aren’t as lucky as we were? I have a theory. It came to me once while we were on this ride on a previous trip and all the buggies stopped. We were mid-turn, in front of a LOUD speaker, in the room with the floating-head-in-a-globe thingy. In my mind I imagined that someone had failed the Doom-Buggy-Entrance-Challenge and was fed to one of those “things” behind those doors at the beginning of the ride. But I’m sure Disney wouldn’t do that. Would they? Unless it was Mike Eisner. Hmmm…maybe THAT’S where he went.
Hmm. Interesting theory. There’s a few politicians I’d like to test this out on!!! But seriously. Think about it. If Disney actually did that (fed those poor unfortunate souls to one of those "things" behind the doors), they'd have no way of continued wallet hemorrhage now, would they?? And we all know how important that is to Disney!!

Lost in WDW never, I am sure you meant to go that way so you could see more. That's what I tell my hubby when he says why didn't we go that way.
Keep it coming.... :)

Day Two Continues (Thank goodness this was only a four day trip):

Can we EAT already?!

Yeah…I think we should. But no shortcuts this time. Come to think of it, I’m starting to feel that my entire trip report is shaping up to be ALOT like one of my notorious shortcuts. ONWARD!!!

Since we BOTH know the way from Haunted Mansion over to Frontierland, we managed the trek with great ease. I love this part of Magic Kingdom. My roots are from “the Good Ole West.” It’s like home to me. Except we didn’t have any bears…. just desert and tumble weeds (seriously). And just up the way we spot this (although this picture was from our November 2002 trip, it pretty much looked the same):

disney177pl9.jpg

Now, we don’t know any of the folks in the picture…we’re just snagging a shot of the bear…and the PECOS BILL SIGN!

I won’t drag out our eating experience too much, but I will say this, I enjoyed their dry hamburgers. If you put enough mustard on it, it’s hard to tell how dry it really is. And I made my standard stop by the condiments bar to load up on some cooked mushrooms, pickles, shredded lettuce and tomatoes. YUM YUM! Oh yeah, and a tiny speck of ketchup for my fries. A warning about the desserts…well, what they tried to pass off as a dessert anyway. They only have one…the Peanut Butter Brownie Mousse. The name scared us enough as it was, but we figured we’d try it since it was included with the dining plan anyway. I’d rather have had a Dole Whip. Enough said.

I’ll also spare you the parenting tips TEEBEE and I discussed at our table while trying desperately to ignore the children at the table across from us whose parents CLEARLY had no parenting knowledge. This isn’t the debate board and some of you might not agree with what TEEBEE and I think those young ‘uns needed a good dose of. So…we’ll skip that part.

And finally, I will spare you pictures of more indecent clothing (mainly because I didn’t take any photos of this most recent assault on decency). But I have another question for you. Is the new style to try and show as much flesh as possible? I know it’s hot in Florida. Even in May. But must I see three fourths of a persons’ cleavage? And as low as some of those waistlines were on shorts, I’m fairly confident that seeing undergarments wasn’t going to be a problem. There’s no way that they were wearing any. Okay…visuals and rants over…at least until I get to day three.

With our bellies full, it was time to go ride a ride that is fast becoming one of my favorites: Tomorrowland Transit Authority (TTA)! Steven was just thankful I hadn’t recommended a spinning ride or rollercoaster. This ride is more his speed anyway. I’d love to say that we swang by Adventureland and rode the all new POTC, but I can’t…at least not truthfully. They had just closed it down to make it “all new.” But we did see this along the way:

disney179an3.jpg

Okay. So a squirrel can’t make up for missing POTC—even if it is a Disney squirrel--but that’s okay because TTA was waiting for us. When you’re hot and/or not in the mood to battle crowds, this is a cute little ride. Ask ZZUB. I think he’s friends with one of the gentleman that gets paged on the ride…Mr. Tom Morrow. Maybe ZZUB can tell Mr. Tom Morrow to answer that darned page already. (And if that last part makes no sense to you, click here
for a most excellent adventure...and explanation).

But this ride makes me start missing my little ones again. Princesses J and R really like this ride…except for the tunnels. That spooks them a little. And an added bonus to this ride…you get to play the People-Mover-Challenge twice—once getting onto the ride and again when you exit. Four times if you count the Escalator-Without-Stairs that takes you to and from the loading platform. No banged knees or close calls for us this time around. We were pros.

I mentioned to TEEBEE that I’d like to take some time during this trip and visit the Main Street Fire Station and Town Hall as well as browse leisurely through the Main Street shops…all things that we can do and now appreciate…since the Princesses aren’t with us. Let me say this: Please go explore Town Hall. It has some hidden treasures inside…and it’s air-conditioned. We had the place to ourselves:

snowwhiteinmkee3.jpg

I'm making that face because I'm not quite sure how I feel about having my head sticking out what appears to be Dopey's stomach...ICK!!!

But look at this handsome devil:

steamboatwillieinmk25lo.jpg

We then headed over to the Fire Station and bought a few MORE things. Oh, it appears that I forgot to mention ALL of the stuff we bought for the Princesses while we toured the Main Street shops. I guess I’m still in denial over that topic.

Gift bags in tow, we head to the bus stop.

Me: Come ON, TEEBEE!

TEEBEE: (behind mounds of shopping bags) You COULD help me with these, you know.

Me: Well, I already have to carry the fanny pack. You’re getting off easy.

TEEBEE: GRUNT!

Up Next: Probably a nap….Unless we decide to hit Animal Kingdom a day early.

When you’re hot and/or not in the mood to battle crowds, this is a cute little ride. Ask ZZUB. I think he’s friends with one of the gentleman that gets paged on the ride…Mr. Tom Morrow. Maybe ZZUB can tell Mr. Tom Morrow to answer that darned page already. (And if that last part makes no sense to you, click here
Aw shucks. Thanks for the promo.

We love the PeopleMover. Yes it's lame, yes there is no thrill in it and yes the narration is cheesier than the stuff they sell for your "nachos" at the Circle K. Still, it's classic Disney. And when you think about it, most of the MK rides are kinda lame. Space Mountain is nothing compared with RnR. But it's Disney World and, at least for us, it's a must do.

The look on your husband's face. We have about 2 dozen pictures of me with the same look. Why do y'all insist on making us take those pictures?

:moped:

I love the pictures i also subject my DH to those pictures and I make him were all sorts of hats like extra large sombreros, pirates hats, and that large neon green Goofy one to name a few

J and R's mom said:
I mentioned to TEEBEE that I’d like to take some time during this trip and visit the Main Street Fire Station and Town Hall as well as browse leisurely through the Main Street shops…all things that we can do and now appreciate…since the Princesses aren’t with us. Let me say this: Please go explore Town Hall. It has some hidden treasures inside…and it’s air-conditioned. We had the place to ourselves:

Ya know, after reading this and seeing your pictures, I'm going to have to stop in at the Town Hall and Fire Station too. I can't believe I've never been in there before! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Day Two Still:

Here’s what was on the itinerary for day two:

Fri 5/12
7:00am Wake up
7:30am BW Bakery
8:00am Bus Stop
9:00am MK
2:00pm Back to BWV
3:00pm Nap, swim
7:00pm Head to EPCOT
7:20pm Rose and Crown ADR# 38436242
9:00pm Illuminations and EMH

In case you’re wondering (and even if you’re not), I am copying and pasting these itineraries from the originals. It’s much easier than re-typing them. And this is the "Daily" itinerary. You've already been introduced to the "Park" itineraries. Yes. I have two sets--one for the day and one for each park. I'm just weird that way. I make no apologies.

Now stop rolling your eyes at me. Honestly, you’re starting to remind me of TEEBEE.

ONWARD!

We make it to the bus and I’m thankful that there’s no limit to the amount of shopping bags allowed on board. On the way back to BWV we discuss our game-plan for the remainder of the day.

Me: Are you tired?

TEEBEE: Not really.

Me: Well. Do you want to go hit Animal Kingdom for a few hours instead of napping?

TEEBEE: I don’t care what we do as long as we DROP THESE BAGS OFF FIRST!

It was decided then:

animalkingdom4kc4.jpg

Yep. That’s where we went next.

Although I’ve been to WDW once since the opening of Expedition Everest, I haven’t been able to ride it. It was just Princess J and myself back in Feb. 2006, so I had no one to baby-swap with and I couldn’t find shoes for her with high enough heels to make her reach the minimum height requirement. Not even those insane platform ones would have worked. DARN IT! I considered bribing a nice looking family to babysit briefly while I rode Expedition Everest, but honestly, what had they ever done to deserve that? Joking. Maybe.

I’ve learned from my own past experience and research that the best time to visit Animal Kingdom is at opening or a few hours before closing. Of course, this was all pre-Expedition Everest mind you.

But one good thing about arriving at AK later in the afternoon (we got there around 3:00pm) was we pretty much had the characters at the entrance to ourselves. Here’s a picture of me taking a picture of the couple in front of us with their camera:

animalkingdom3je0.jpg

Notice my hat. I still have it. Finally…it’s my turn:

animalkingdom2ad9.jpg

Robin Hood (the Disney version) is one of my favorites. I just like that intro song:

Robin Hood and Little John
Running through the forest
Laughin’ back-n-forth at what the other ‘un had to say
Reminiscin', this-'n-that-'n, havin’ such a good time
Oo-da-lolly oo-da-lolly, golly what a day …Or something like that…

Anyway, I’m not fond of Prince John in the movie, but an occasional picture with a villain is fine.

But we’re on a mission to go conquer Mount Everest. I’m just glad that we’ll be doing it in 90 degree weather instead of bone-chilling cold like the real thing. Unless Disney has figured out a way to make it THAT authentic.

I grabbed a map on the way in. Yes, I had already looked up my shortcut prior to leaving home and had it all memorized…just like the shortcut at MK. So I got the map. I couldn’t afford any mistakes this time. We only had two hours and I wanted to make sure we rode the ride.

The park appeared nearly empty. We passed hordes of folks exiting as we entered and saw very few people as we entered and walked to the Tree of Life. But I’m no dummy. I knew where the remaining people were hanging out and it most likely wasn’t with Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends. Sure enough, we cross over into Asia and BAM (as Emeril would say) there they were. All hanging out in line at Expedition Everest. I was prepared to wait and knew that we most likely would. The stand-by line wait time was 50 minutes. Okay, that’s not too bad. And it wasn’t. We were actually off of the ride in 40 minutes. Plus, once you get inside the building, they have some really neat stuff to look at and read. It’s one of the only times I ever remember wishing that I didn’t have to move forward so quickly while standing in line.

I’ve seen the videos of this ride on the internet prior to actually riding it. So I somewhat knew what to expect. But, as with most things in life, doing it in person is SO MUCH more FUN!

So how was the ride, you ask? AWESOME! But I’m biased since I love rollercoasters. I even sported a nice bruise on my elbow for a week after that ride. That’s how you know it’s a good ride…when you have battle scars (okay, bruises) to show off to your friends and family. You’ll be glad (depending on the time of year you visit anyway) to know that the ride does NOT take place in bone-chilling cold. But don’t worry, you WILL get a really nice “BREEZE” going while on this ride to cool you down some.

I was ready to ride it again…until I saw that the line was actually longer than when we entered 40 minutes earlier, so I passed on it. Which seemed to relieve TEEBEE. I think once a day was enough for him.

We headed over to ride Dinosaur. We KNOW we can’t do this with the girls, so we have to enjoy it when they’re not around. This ride was at walk-on status. I LOVE it when that happens. But again, we only rode it once. We then did some shopping for the girls and accidently found the PERFECT shirt for my mother-in-law. I say accidently because we were cutting through a shop to avoid the crowds watching the closing parade and VIOLA, there it was.

And back to BWV we headed. We had dinner reservations and evening Extra Magic Hours (EMH) at EPCOT…which some of you might remember from the itinerary above....in about 2.5 hours, so we figured it best to go back and rest up some.

If you noticed, I didn’t elaborate much on our AK visit. No funny stories or philosophical questions. I had a few I could throw in there, I guess. But mostly it was the same stuff I’ve already mentioned. Clothing (or lack thereof) and another errant shortcut (seriously). Let’s just say, the errant shortcut ended with me handing TEEBEE the map and saying, “Fine then, YOU figure it out!”

So, I’ll leave you with these pictures that were taken on our trips in 1999 and 2000 since I really didn’t take too many at AK during this trip. Here’s one of the Tree of Life (you can tell this was from a previous trip since TEEBEE is wearing the fanny pack…he’s the speck by the railing with the hat, sunglasses and fanny pack):

disney180xc6.jpg

And here’s an up-close shot. It STILL amazes me--all of the animals carved into that structure!

disney181vl6.jpg

Well, if those above are the “Tree of Life,” is this, then, the “Tree of Death?” And if so, it seems a bit ominous that they put it on the safari ride…Do some of those safari vehicles go missing and its occupants become dinner? Hmmmmmm….

disney182gq8.jpg

And what the heck are THESE? They look like bug piñatas but I’m not sure:

disney183qv9.jpg

Up Next: Dinner and some Soarin’ and some Test Track and maybe even the END of day two. (But don’t get your hopes up).

Evening Two (I’m tired of seeing the word “Day” at the beginning of these installments):

Here’s the short version of the remaining afternoon:

Me: (at AK bus stop) Are you tired?

TEEBEE: Yep.

Me: Feel like taking a nap?

TEEBEE: Yep.

And that’s what we did.

Fast forward two hours and I’m listening to Mickey laugh while being assaulted by Stitch again. I will say this, it’s an effective wake-up call--if for no other reason than it makes me wonder why Disney couldn’t come up with something MUCH more Disney…esk.

We had an ADR for Rose and Crown in England at 7:20pm. It’s the latest seating we could get. Prior to our trip I had e-mailed TEEBEE a link at work to the menu on Allearsnet.com so that he could start planning ahead. This way I didn’t have to see him rolling his eyes at me (AGAIN) for having him plan ahead. His reply back to me was:

TEEBEE: Why the heck (but worse) did you make reservations there?

There’s only one reason that I would make reservations there and it’s NOT because of British food.

ILLUMINATIONS! Duh!

Now I had already explained this to TEEBEE prior to sending him the menu, but he has selective hearing. If I’m talking he typically SELECTS not to hear it. It’s just our thing. And he makes NO apologies. Trust me.

Rose and Crown has a nice little patio that overlooks EPCOT’s lagoon (or is it a lake?). I hear it’s an EXCELLENT place to sit and watch Illuminations….assuming you can get a reservation, that is. And I wanted to give it a try. But since our reservations were for 7:20pm, I figured we’d be finished long before Illuminations started. Sometimes I LOVE it when I’m wrong.

We head on over to EPCOT and stand in line to check-in. I’ve gotten to where I really LIKE this part of the ADR process. It separates those that are “in the know” from those that just “don’t know.” One can see all sorts of interesting human behavior while standing in line to check in for an ADR. There are those people that by-pass what they assume to be all those “poor people standing in line with out ADRs.” These folks like to bully their way up to the front of the line and engage in the following conversation with CMs:

Bullying ADR Man: I have a reservation.

Too-Sweet-and-Kind-CM: Yes, sir. Please take a spot in line and we’ll be with you shortly.

Bullying ADR Man: But I already have a reservation. I just want to check-in.

Too-Sweet-and-Kind-CM (and/or a Cranky-Guest-Already-“In the Know”): Yes, sir. As do most of the folks standing in line.

Bullying ADR Man: (As he’s walking to the back of the line) Grumble…grumble…silly process…grumble…you’d think…grumble…reservation…grumble…

Heh, heh. I just love that part. I’m not sure why. That doesn’t make me a very nice person, does it?

Then there are those poor folks that REALLY have no clue. I actually feel sorry for these folks. They’re the ones that have waited patiently (or not so patiently) in line and get up to the CM and say:

Mr. Clueless: I’d like a table for 6 please…on the patio.

Too-Sweet-and-Kind-CM: Do you have a reservation?

Mr. Clueless: No.

Too-Sweet-and-Kind-CM: I’m sorry, sir. We are booked for the evening…and the next evening…and the entire next week…and the entire next 180 days.

Mr. Clueless: #$&%*))$!~!

Yep, folks. It’s a good idea to make your ADRs in advance.

We get up to the podium, ADR # at the ready (in case giving them my name wasn’t enough), and get our pager. We decided to go across the street and browse the UK shops while we waited. As far as I could tell, the main thing the British were proud of was their connection to the Beatles. I did, however, buy some of the candy bars. I bet they had Beatles candy bars, too. I just didn’t look hard enough. As we were passing through Beatle hall, look who we spotted:

marrypoppinsfq5.jpg

I really like Mary Poppins. Her attitude ROCKS! She pretty much thumbs her nose at folks and does it here way…all the while acting like those strange things happening around her are perfectly normal…or are someone else’s fault. I wish she could have been my nanny. I never got “a spoon full of sugar” from any of my babysitters. But that's another story.

Our pager beeped at us and said that we were out of range so we went back outside. The whole UK area had topiaries of the Winnie the Pooh Gang, so we snapped a few shots:

Piglet and Eeyore...
pigletandeeorekb9.jpg

Pooh, himself...
poohsm1.jpg

TEEBEE as thrilled as ever to be posing yet AGAIN for the camera (notice the bag..it's full of my candy bars):

tiggeratepcotxp1.jpg

And then it was our turn to eat. I was actually hoping for (and got) a table inside since it was still pretty hot outside. Plus, I know that if we’re still around when Illuminations starts, they let us go outside on the patio and watch from there anyway.

I can’t remember our waiter’s name, but he was really good…and from Ireland. One of the other servers came by as we were being seated and said something to him….and his cheeks went BRIGHT red. Hmmmm…. So from here on out I’ll refer to him as Red Cheeks.

For an appetizer I chose the cheese and fruit plate. If I wasn’t on the dining plan I never would have done this, but since we were, I figured…why not?! And you can see TEEBEE's prawns in the background.

rosencrown1mf9.jpg

It was pretty good. I’m glad I tried it. For an entrée I had the Chicken Pasty and TEEBEE had the Grilled Steak. It was edible and I didn’t have to use the salt shaker near as much as I figured I might. And don’t listen to TEEBEE's reviews. He just likes to complain. Heh. Heh.

By the time we had had dessert, Illuminations was about to start and Red Cheeks had come over to escort us to our place on the patio. TEEBEE and I stood there about three minutes before we decided to leave. Although it probably seems like we had finally lost our minds, it was evening EMH (extra magic hours) and we had yet to ride Soarin’…EVER! (Jaws back up off the floor please.) We’ve seen Illuminations over a dozen times and without Princess J there, it really just made us sad (it’s her FAVORITE thing to watch…next to the princesses).

So we wanted to get a jump on the crowds and get to Soarin’ while so many folks were gathered to watch Illuminations. The stand-by line was already 30minutes long when we got there, so I’m glad that we decided to head over when we did. The line only got LONGER as the night progressed. (I’ll fill you in later as to why I know this).

I can’t say that the queuing area of this attraction is one of Disney’s best, but we enjoyed reading the facts on those ever changing screens. We started challenging each other on the quizzes, too. I’ll just say it was a tie….even if it wasn’t.

Now, I’ve seen WDW’s website photo of the family of four soarin’ around in what appears to be a seat that looks alot like a ski-lift chair. And I’ve read reviews on various forums talking about how if you’re not in the front row (out of four) you’ll see the dangling feet of the other riders. Given all of these varying descriptions I had NO IDEA what to expect as far as seating went. But I was hoping for row 1.

We got row 4.

So we’re outside the doors lined up in row 4 waiting to go in. Then it’s our turn. We enter. And anything I could have imagined for seating was soon shot out the window. It was NOTHING like what I expected. But I had faith. I stowed my belongings, buckled up and before I knew it, we were Soarin’….across California, I believe.

FREAKY! That’s the feeling I had….but in a good way. With the chair contraptions hidden by the darkness all you can see is the picture on the screen. And I felt as if I was in a chair…flying all by myself (along with some dangling feet above me)…through some really cool and good smelling places. I also felt like if I leaned over too far, I’d fall right out of my chair and smack-dab onto some trees…or in some water…or onto some snow. That’s the part that was freaky….well, that and the dangling feet.

Go experience this attraction.

TEEBEE has pretty severe motion sickness and this ride didn’t bother him at all… just the dangling feet.

Here's a picture from our table at the Rose and Crown. I'm bummed that it came out blurry, but it was such a GORGEOUS site, I had to try and capture it...

viewfromrosencrownbn2.jpg

Up Next: The end of Night Two….maybe...

I didn't know that they take you out to the patio at Rose & Crown when you eat there during ILLUMINATIONS. Good to know! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter