Disney...Take me AWAY. (With LOTS of Pics) **Now Complete**

Loving the stories! Not to mention so envious of you for travelling without your kids! Have never been able to get myself to that point yet and they are 11 and 6! P.S. My mom is the only babysitter my kids ever had as well!!! Keep up the great stories!

I love it! We also got married at WDW and have proof of it! haha I'm also one of those mamas that won't leave the baby with anyone but family so we are craving some alone time too. I'm so jealous...but I plan on showing your report to DH so we can plan a childless vacation in the future.

Day One….Still:

You saw the pictures of the wedding and some pictures of the room. BUT DID WE BEAT THAT DARNED BOAT?!

It was a tie, really. The boat clearly beat us to the Swan & Dolphin, but it was halfway over to the Boardwalk as we rounded the corner onto the wooden planks. But I didn’t have to smell that diesel exhaust so I still feel like I won.

We loved our room and our view but we had important things to discuss. Like whether or not we should take a nap. We’re generally nicer when we’ve had our sleep. We had dinner reservations at Alfredo’s in Italy in two hours (and given the context of this trip report, I’m assuming you all know that I mean Italy in World Showcase at EPCOT—not the one in Europe). We can’t nap at home (see post one if you’re not clear on why) and we both LOVE our naps, so….a nap it is.

An hour-an-a-half later, and a phone call from some indistinct Disney character later, we’re headed to World Showcase to eat some dinner. But before we could make it to Italy, we came across some live entertainment in the streets of Morocco:

bellydancer27gx.jpg

That gentleman in the green hat sure is getting into it, isn’t he? Heh, heh. A few of my family members that were not able to attend would really appreciate a good belly dancer, so I took a few photos and continued on my way.

Me: She’s pretty good, huh, TEEBEE?.....Don’t you think so TEEBEE?......Hey…. TEEBEEE…..TEEBEE...... Get over here. We have dinner reservations to get to young man! Move it along!

Darn those belly dancers. Maybe I need to look into buying one of those outfits. Do they sell them in Morocco’s gift shops? I better check on that later in the trip.

Without any other interruptions, we make it to Italy. Now, I’ve never been to Alfredo’s before, but I’ve been reading some good reviews about it, and especially about their original Fettuccine Alfredo. Here we are in the lobby of Alfredo’s as we wait for our names to be called. (Again, I’m taking the picture, so it looks a bit odd):

alfredos9gn.jpg

Having researched the dinner menu on Allearsnet.com prior to our trip, we were looking forward to our dinner and pretty much knew what we wanted to order. Our server, however, wasn’t as pleased with our choices, at least not mine. I was craving a salad, so I ordered (or tried to anyway) “Alfredo's Famous Caesar Salad.” This is where I offended our server:

Me: For an appetizer I’ll have the Ceasar Salad. And for….

All-Wise-Server-Man: Oh, no no, Madam. Why come to a place such as this and use your dining plan for a silly salad. Try something different. Something Italian. You don’t have to be cheap. You’re already on the dining plan. Surely there is something else you’d prefer.

Now typically, this would have caused sparks to shoot out of my eyes…and my mouth. They would have had to cover the ears of the wee ones sitting at the tables right (and I mean RIGHT) next to us. But, All-Wise-Server-Man had a point. Besides, TEEBEE and I had been having a hard time deciding between three different appetizers. So:

Me: Well, although something with lettuce in it sounds good to me, I was wanting to try the calamari. So, I’ll go with that.

All-Wise-Server-Man: Much better.

My husband was glad when the guy finished taking our order and left. He looked as if he had just dodged a bullet. He knows what a pistol I can become when someone is patronizing to me. I think he was afraid I was about to embarrass him in public…. Again. Having kids must have mellowed me in a lot of ways. For whatever reason, this guy just gave me a chuckle.

The calamari and sauce were EXCELLENT! I’m glad that I ordered it. For an entrée I had the dish they’re known for: Le Originali Fettuccine all'Alfredo. I’m glad I tried it, but I won’t be ordering it again. I never could get adjusted to the taste of it. And I won’t tell you what TEEBEE said when he tried it. Let’s just leave it at, “he wasn’t a fan.” We both had the chocolate mousse for dessert but we shared TEEBEE’s and took mine to-go.

Time to walk off all of that food! So we continued around the World Showcase in the direction of Mexico. Here’s a cute topiary display we saw on our way:

snowwhiteinepcot22bt.jpg

Can anyone guess WHY I’m headed to Mexico? I’m sure it’s for the same reason that many of you head that direction.

MARGARITAS!

Now naps may make me a bit nicer, but a margarita will make me fun to be around (or at least funny to watch). Notice that I said “a.” Seriously, that’s all it takes. I don't drink very often. So, one margarita and I’m very tipsy. Once it kicks in, I have difficulty walking a straight line, much to the aggravation (and amusement) of my husband. So I stand in line behind about six other people and wait to get my margarita….with salt. TEEBEE passes on the alcohol. He knows from past experience that he’ll probably be having to keep me in check and navigate us back to the hotel later.

We decide to go do some shopping for the girls at Mouse Gear. It’s a really fun store. One of my favorites, even when I’m sober. We find a few shirts for the girls, and a few for my parents and I only giggled a little bit….until we stood in line to check out. Some of you have been tortured by this picture already. For some, this will be your first exposure to it. Consider yourselves warned. The picture looked clear to me but I had had a margarita. In the blur, you will notice a little boy with his mother. They are standing in front of us and blocking our view of this site at first. And then they moved:

"The Picture" was deemed too risqué to post on the Trip Reports board by the TR moderators so it has been removed...but just imagine a girl in a pink shirt and pink skirt and somewhere around the hip line she has the upper part of her blue thong showing along with it's straps...and you'll get the idea...

I wasn’t going to snap that picture (and TEEBEE was adamant that I didn’t) until the young lady reached behind her and MADE SURE that her blue undergarment was showing for the world to see. At first when she reached back there I thought she was going to pull her shirt down or her skirt up over it. WRONG! She moved the shirt up and the skirt down even more. So I snapped a quick photo. The mom in front of us sent her son off to find his father shortly after the girl adjusted her blue undergarment…thank goodness.

After we checked out I wanted to head back to Mexico for another margarita since Blue-Thong-Girl had pretty much sobered me up. But, Illuminations was starting and we decided to watch some of it and then head back to BWVs. It’s hard for us to watch Illuminations without our oldest daughter now. We took both of the girls to WDW back in November of 2005 (along with MY parents) and stayed at BCV. Our oldest LOVED going over to see the Illuminations fireworks every night. So this show makes us kind of sad when she’s not around.

Day one has finally come to a close.

And a tally: # of calls home to check on the girls--4
# of indecent outfits 2-- (I’m counting the belly dancer in this)
# of margaritas--only 1 (darn it!)

I can't believe you are counting the belly dancer as indecent. :( At least they look good dressed like that.

That girl though, the skirt.... th.... I'm not gonna say it. Maybe WDW needs their own fashion police!

BeckWhy said:
I can't believe you are counting the belly dancer as indecent. :( At least they look good dressed like that.

That girl though, the skirt.... th.... I'm not gonna say it. Maybe WDW needs their own fashion police!

LOL...I'm only counting her as indecent because my husband liked her performance too much....not because she was indecent... ;) The other one...well...she earned the title all on her own!

And to ALL who have taken the time to post and say encouraging things: I THANK YOU ALL! I means ALOT to me.

And to those who are reading this, thanks for taking the time to share in our trip!

redneck photos... i like the idea!!! will have to try that one out next trip...

great report! can't wait to read more!

just like mickey and minnie. ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo . you are such a beautiful bride. if you saw any eggrolls, please include them in the report for me with details on location. thanks

Mornings and my husband go together like investments and Enron. It’s just not a good mix. We’ve learned over the years that minimal talking is best until after lunch. And neither of us drinks coffee. So you can just imagine.

What??!!! You don't drink coffee??? Holy crap!!! You poor things!! How do you function??

Also, uh, where to start?? Loved the pics of the view and the honeymoon.

And. I am the original thrill ride girl!! I could do R&R, ToT and all the mountains ALL DAY LONG!!!!

An most excellent adventure, my girl. You deserve the finest muffins and bagels in all the land!!!

Ponkeo said:
....if you saw any eggrolls, please include them in the report for me with details on location. thanks
I personally didn't see the eggrolls, but I know they exist somewhere in EPCOT...or that's what I've heard anyway...Click here for an awesome WDW website. This link is to the menu for China's Counter Service eatery. Eggrolls are listed on it.

Now I'm craving Chinese food...and it's time for bed. GREAT!

Hi Sher! :wave: Thanks for stopping in!

tinker*dust--and all the others that have mentioned envy of a sans kid trip-- stay tuned...it's not quite as easy as I thought it would be...****SPOILER ALERT****and I doubt we'll be doing it again anytime soon...well, I hear the teenage years may sending us running back by ourselves, but until then, I want their tiny, whinny, crying little bottoms there with us.

The next installment should be up tomorrow. :wave:

I'd rather eat a whole jar of hairy pickled pig lips with no Yoo Hoo to wash it down with than have to see that site live and in technicolor.

Aside from that, J&R's MOM! YOU SO ROCK.

I just read the first three pages and I am loving it. How cute are yall! Such a cute couple. The both of ya. Really. I love the wedding pictures. The one of him looking at you is so sweet. You can just see the love on his face. Thanks for sharing those. They're awesome.

And you done me proud Mama. With the Redneck Photos. I need a moment. And the MAELSTROM FANNY PACK. How cool is that? I think this is my new favorite trip report. No, wait. I KNOW this is my new favorite trip report. Currently being written. Cause ZZUB hasn't started his yet. And he IS Coke, after all. The original. The better tasting one. The one that blows Pepsi away. BTW.

Seriously. I love your TR and I'm really glad I found you Woman. Keep it coming.

Oh, and one more thing that I just can't let slip by me...

This is my theory on make-up. When Eve ate that apple and God kicked both of them out of Eden, God handed Eve a bag of make-up and said, “You will now be cursed with the need to feel like you must wear make-up to look pretty. And Adam, you will be cursed with DEALING with women and their make-up routines and costs. Now BE GONE WITH YOU.” Or something like that.

Yeah, I think the makeup thing is on the low end of the totem pole in regards to the fallout with this one. Don't believe me? I got two words for ya.

CHILD. BIRTH.

Mama no like.

J R mom....It is nice to put a face to you. I see your name somewhere else all the time.

Loving your report and the pics. You are so funny( in a good way that is). Funny thing is I can relate to the babysitter thing. That is what we do too. And the make up thing too. It really catches hubby of guard when I do wear it.

Waiting for more..... popcorn::

LALA!!!!!!! HI!

LaLa said:
Yeah, I think the makeup thing is on the low end of the totem pole in regards to the fallout with this one. Don't believe me? I got two words for ya.

CHILD. BIRTH....

Well...try this one out...Women who feel the NEED to WEAR make-up DURING child birth...

Oh, and NAB! and BDDisney...good to see ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter