Disney Runners

adpibri said:
Hopefully I'll be done before it gets too toasty, and hopefully there will be a few clouds this time!:thumbsup2

Since you did the marathon in the heat, when do you recommend starting to drink?

I mean water and sports drinks, LOL.

BWHAHAHA...drinking will occur about 2 hours after the start of the race for me. All kidding aside, I typically carry my Nathan bottle and drink when I need to, just no Gatorade/Powerade for me, it gives me horrible cramps.

I mean water and sports drinks, LOL.

Sport pack of vodka and the heat won't even bother you!

I didn't stop the first 6 miles, I just grabbed water and Gatorade like every other stop or every 2 stops after mile 7. . I think, it's kind of a blur. There's probably better methods. .I'm no pro by any means :lmao: Toward the 14 mile mark I was more concerned with having the water poured on my head than drinking it :D

jlewisinsyr said:
BWHAHAHA...drinking will occur about 2 hours after the start of the race for me. All kidding aside, I typically carry my Nathan bottle and drink when I need to, just no Gatorade/Powerade for me, it gives me horrible cramps.

Hahaha, I love that idea! I got an Ifitness belt with the 2 bottles attached. Guess that will come in handy!

adpibri said:
Sport pack of vodka and the heat won't even bother you!

I didn't stop the first 6 miles, I just grabbed water and Gatorade like every other stop or every 2 stops after mile 7. . I think, it's kind of a blur. There's probably better methods. .I'm no pro by any means :lmao: Toward the 14 mile mark I was more concerned with having the water poured on my head than drinking it :D

How did you know vodka is my drink of choice?!? I think I'm in love! LOL. I know I will be grabbing all the drinks I can along the way. Thanks for the advice!

adpibri said:
Haha, hopefully it wont be *AS* hot and humid as it was for the full!

Agreed! I wonder where the "adult beverage drinking" will be after? I will probably be either in traction, on a stretcher or in a wheelchair.

adpibri said:
rofl you won't be. . but if you did end up on a stretcher the volunteers are so awesome they'd probably bring you something!

Hahaha, just gotta get back on the bus to the hotel first, right? LOL

adpibri said:
rofl you won't be. . but if you did end up on a stretcher the volunteers are so awesome they'd probably bring you something!

Safe travels! It's hot down here.

How was everyone's race??

It was a very humid run, I've never burned through so much water running 13 miles and it was a bit of a slow start because I was back in corral C with the rest of us "Princes." Otherwise, it was a really fun run to be in and it makes me look forward to the Tower of Terror 10 miler in October.

I'd love to have done the Expedition Everest Challenge, but didn't sign up and it's sold out.

It was a very humid run, I've never burned through so much water running 13 miles and it was a bit of a slow start because I was back in corral C with the rest of us "Princes." Otherwise, it was a really fun run to be in and it makes me look forward to the Tower of Terror 10 miler in October.

I'd love to have done the Expedition Everest Challenge, but didn't sign up and it's sold out.

If you think last weekend was humid, wait until the ToT....(where's the smilie face dripping in sweat?)

If you are part of a running group or go through the official travel sponsor, you can still get a registration for the Everest Challenge.:thumbsup2

What was your take on being a "Prince" in an ocean of Princesses?

jeanigor said:
If you are part of a running group or go through the official travel sponsor, you can still get a registration for the Everest Challenge.

I checked around and cannot find any running group for the EC race; I know this is an option for the races and they have teams for the Challenge, but I think the teams work a bit differently for the Challenge as they are limited to two people.

What was your take on being a "Prince" in an ocean of Princesses?

Jokingly, I'll say, I felt like a piece of meat for a pack of lionesses. I got on the bus at BC and my partner and I were one of like 4 men and lets just say, they made it known that they were glad a prince was on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter