Disney Runners

Dang those shoes do not look comfy at all! lol! I've seen people wearing them though, they're def not for my feet!

I've been running in Vibrams for a couple of years now and love them. I'm intrigued by the Invisible Shoe, but I've never liked having sandal thongs between my toes. Hmmm. Must think some more. Any input/reviews from Invisible Shoe wearers? :surfweb:

Yeah; I guess they don't appear the comfiest to run in, but every review I've found has been exceedingly positive. None of them mention the thong between the toes.

I didn't feel that my current shoes were too tight or too loose, but I'm now wondering if they are. I'm not sure how long I've had them; maybe five years? Maybe I'll have to visit a specialized running shoe store.

I have flat feet and most of the friction seems to arise between the tips of my toes and the shoe. A few of my toenails have recently taken a few hits after I went on a sort-of power spree on a treadmill; I was trying to avoid that. It doesn't happen so much when I run outdoors, which I'm thankfully still able to do. I wonder how I'll train in January and February.

One person suggested taping my foot to the shoe sole or donning thinner socks. These are interesting ideas I might try.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I'm so relieved I can breathe again. On the up-side, I've now completed the Couch-to-5K and Jeff Galloway's 10K training programs ahead of schedule! Woot! :cool1: I'm on Week 2 of Jeff Galloway's Half-Marathon training program and aiming to pass 7 miles tomorrow. I feel kind of skeptical that it will happen. I wonder if I should register for a Half-Marathon this Spring. It seems that completing a marathon may be within reach after all!

jiminy.cricket said:
It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I'm so relieved I can breathe again. On the up-side, I've now completed the Couch-to-5K and Jeff Galloway's 10K training programs ahead of schedule! Woot! :cool1: I'm on Week 2 of Jeff Galloway's Half-Marathon training program and aiming to pass 7 miles tomorrow. I feel kind of skeptical that it will happen. I wonder if I should register for a Half-Marathon this Spring. It seems that completing a marathon may be within reach after all!

Good job! You can do it, I did my first half about three months after I started any type of running, it took a while but I finished! Lol! I would recommend going to a running store as well for shoes. I went to my local store and they were able to test my strides to see how I step and which type of shoe was best. They hooked me up with some that have been more comfortable than any shoe ever in my life I've tried to workout with haha! :)

This year's Wine & Dine was a very well executed race. It did have a couple issues (especially with spectators and party ticket holders), but on the whole quite pleasant. The weather was superb.

And it was quite a treat to finally meet christopher77 and his husband.

Wine & Dine was fantastic this year! Meeting you was just the icing on the cake. :) What a great weekend!

I saw something about this at the office Christmas party last night and thought I had too much to drink. But after looking at it on RunDisney's site this morning...:cool1::cool1::cool1: I was planning on skipping the left coast in 2013. This has made me seriously rethink those plans.

I suspect it will sell out quickly though. So if you are thinking of registering, do it soon.

Registration opens 1/22 I believe. I have a reminder set up. I must get in this!!!!! :)

Good job! You can do it, I did my first half about three months after I started any type of running, it took a while but I finished! Lol! I would recommend going to a running store as well for shoes. I went to my local store and they were able to test my strides to see how I step and which type of shoe was best. They hooked me up with some that have been more comfortable than any shoe ever in my life I've tried to workout with haha! :)
Thanks much! Preparing for a half in three months is quite impressive. I'm planning on finding and visiting a clinic sometime in the new year to be fitted for shoes. I've had my current shoes for more than a few years and I'm finding this to be serious business! Soon, I'll have to be making eating plans! Sheesh! So I kind of fell off the wagon, which I actually didn't expect. I did a four-mile run last week, but never followed up with the subsequent 7-miler with the advent of the holidays, traveling, snow, and sleeping in. The vision hasn't left my mind, though. I know I'll get back on at some point. I actually did a light run barefoot on the treadmill last night, which rendered my feet black and blistered. Not a good idea. Probably will not be doing that again anytime soon. My soles are feeling a bit better today, so hopefully, I will be back on the plan soon! In the spirit of the celebration of self-determination during the second day of Kwanzaa: If we can dream it, we can do it! Happy Holidays and a phenomenal 2013 to all!

I posted this in the Disneyland Half thread, but wanted to make sure it got the info to everyone on here. I know we all put in some good money to make our race trip happens, so hopefully this will help someone on here.

In case you did not see it, Disney is giving away a trip a day in January. You need to register each day because entries are cleared at the end of the day. The link is below. It is a Disney contest that was announced last night on the Dick Clark Special.

www.disneytimesweeps.com

It is a trip for 4, I think it was 5 nights (could be wrong). Again, just make sure that you register each day this month.

Good luck to all. if i cant win I hope it is a Dis-er.

The Marathon weekend at WDW is January 10-13, 2013.
I'll be there with my friend and we'll be running the 1/2 Marathon on the 12th.
Neither he nor I dress up in costume, and most people don't, but it's always appreciated if you do. Most just wear a Mickey hat or something that resembles their favorite character.
Why? You're a delirious, sweaty mess at the end and a costume just gets destroyed.
Not only that, the party starts at 3 AM and getting up, dressed and on site is hard enough.
I ran the WDW 1/2 last January and it was cold!!! I also ran the D-Land 1/2 last September and it was cool until 8am. But, it was so much fun. If you want to bring a friend, do it. If you're flying solo... no worries. I have had some of the best conversations shivering in the dark at a RunDisney event waiting to have the starting gun go off.
Maybe I'll see you there!!
:earsboy:

adpibri said:
1933 is my 5K bib :)

Mine is 9826. Good luck you. I'll be at the Polynesian the nite before if you and your crew wanna meet up! Have a safe trip down here.

I will be out there Cheering for Both Races in my Lime Green "WISH" gear... handing out Twizzlers and Pretzel Rods.. If you see me say hi!! And Grab a snack... My most famous phrase is "Snack for the Out and Back" when I hand out at the entrance to AK ;) LOL!! You can't miss us!

Kathy

Valentine said:
I will be out there Cheering for Both Races in my Lime Green "WISH" gear... handing out Twizzlers and Pretzel Rods.. If you see me say hi!! And Grab a snack... My most famous phrase is "Snack for the Out and Back" when I hand out at the entrance to AK ;) LOL!! You can't miss us!

Kathy

Will you be at the 5K?

Good luck to everyone down at WDW for the races this weekend!

Dave

Did the 5K this morning and it was sooo hot! 10,400 runners. Good luck to all half and full marathoners. Stay hydrated.

Ive always wanted to do the full marathon at WDW hopefully next year I will be able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!