1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Disney Runners

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by Tygerlilly, Jan 6, 2012.

1. jiminy.cricket

jiminy.cricket Disneyphile Extraordinare

Yeah; I guess they don't appear the comfiest to run in, but every review I've found has been exceedingly positive. None of them mention the thong between the toes.

I didn't feel that my current shoes were too tight or too loose, but I'm now wondering if they are. I'm not sure how long I've had them; maybe five years? Maybe I'll have to visit a specialized running shoe store.

I have flat feet and most of the friction seems to arise between the tips of my toes and the shoe. A few of my toenails have recently taken a few hits after I went on a sort-of power spree on a treadmill; I was trying to avoid that. It doesn't happen so much when I run outdoors, which I'm thankfully still able to do. I wonder how I'll train in January and February.

One person suggested taping my foot to the shoe sole or donning thinner socks. These are interesting ideas I might try.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I'm so relieved I can breathe again. On the up-side, I've now completed the Couch-to-5K and Jeff Galloway's 10K training programs ahead of schedule! Woot! :cool1: I'm on Week 2 of Jeff Galloway's Half-Marathon training program and aiming to pass 7 miles tomorrow. I feel kind of skeptical that it will happen. I wonder if I should register for a Half-Marathon this Spring. It seems that completing a marathon may be within reach after all!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Very cool!

4. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

Good job! You can do it, I did my first half about three months after I started any type of running, it took a while but I finished! Lol! I would recommend going to a running store as well for shoes. I went to my local store and they were able to test my strides to see how I step and which type of shoe was best. They hooked me up with some that have been more comfortable than any shoe ever in my life I've tried to workout with haha! :)

5. christopher77

christopher77 Just keep running... Just keep running...

Wine & Dine was fantastic this year! Meeting you was just the icing on the cake. :) What a great weekend!

6. christopher77

christopher77 Just keep running... Just keep running...

Registration opens 1/22 I believe. I have a reminder set up. I must get in this!!!!! :)

7. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

To all my online "running family members": Happy Holidays to all from Sunny South Florida!

8. jiminy.cricket

Thanks much! Preparing for a half in three months is quite impressive. I'm planning on finding and visiting a clinic sometime in the new year to be fitted for shoes. I've had my current shoes for more than a few years and I'm finding this to be serious business! Soon, I'll have to be making eating plans! Sheesh! So I kind of fell off the wagon, which I actually didn't expect. I did a four-mile run last week, but never followed up with the subsequent 7-miler with the advent of the holidays, traveling, snow, and sleeping in. The vision hasn't left my mind, though. I know I'll get back on at some point. I actually did a light run barefoot on the treadmill last night, which rendered my feet black and blistered. Not a good idea. Probably will not be doing that again anytime soon. My soles are feeling a bit better today, so hopefully, I will be back on the plan soon! In the spirit of the celebration of self-determination during the second day of Kwanzaa: If we can dream it, we can do it! Happy Holidays and a phenomenal 2013 to all!

9. RENThead09

RENThead09 DIS Veteran

I posted this in the Disneyland Half thread, but wanted to make sure it got the info to everyone on here. I know we all put in some good money to make our race trip happens, so hopefully this will help someone on here.

In case you did not see it, Disney is giving away a trip a day in January. You need to register each day because entries are cleared at the end of the day. The link is below. It is a Disney contest that was announced last night on the **** Clark Special.

www.disneytimesweeps.com

It is a trip for 4, I think it was 5 nights (could be wrong). Again, just make sure that you register each day this month.

Good luck to all. if i cant win I hope it is a Dis-er.

10. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Are ya all ready for your races? I bet your crew is ready to cheer you on!

11. jlafunk

jlafunk Earning My Ears

The Marathon weekend at WDW is January 10-13, 2013.
    I'll be there with my friend and we'll be running the 1/2 Marathon on the 12th.
    Neither he nor I dress up in costume, and most people don't, but it's always appreciated if you do. Most just wear a Mickey hat or something that resembles their favorite character.
    Why? You're a delirious, sweaty mess at the end and a costume just gets destroyed.
    Not only that, the party starts at 3 AM and getting up, dressed and on site is hard enough.
    I ran the WDW 1/2 last January and it was cold!!! I also ran the D-Land 1/2 last September and it was cool until 8am. But, it was so much fun. If you want to bring a friend, do it. If you're flying solo... no worries. I have had some of the best conversations shivering in the dark at a RunDisney event waiting to have the starting gun go off.
    Maybe I'll see you there!!
    :earsboy:

12. jiminy.cricket

I want Marathon updates! :) Are the parks usually crowded during this weekend?

13. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Mine is 9826. Good luck you. I'll be at the Polynesian the nite before if you and your crew wanna meet up! Have a safe trip down here.

14. Valentine

Valentine <font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co

I will be out there Cheering for Both Races in my Lime Green "WISH" gear... handing out Twizzlers and Pretzel Rods.. If you see me say hi!! And Grab a snack... My most famous phrase is "Snack for the Out and Back" when I hand out at the entrance to AK ;) LOL!! You can't miss us!

Kathy

15. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Will you be at the 5K?

16. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Hey, r u at WDW yet?

17. dmwang9

dmwang9 Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Good luck to everyone down at WDW for the races this weekend!

Dave

18. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Hope everyone at WDW has good races and easy recoveries. See ya next time!

19. jiminy.cricket

Run safely and have a magical weekend!

20. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Did the 5K this morning and it was sooo hot! 10,400 runners. Good luck to all half and full marathoners. Stay hydrated.

21. Yellosno

Yellosno DIS Veteran

Ive always wanted to do the full marathon at WDW hopefully next year I will be able to.