Disney Runners

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by Tygerlilly, Jan 6, 2012.

1. snowprince13

snowprince13 Earning My Ears

Hey if your looking for a race buddy let me know I do run disney often! Most recently I did the ten miler for tower of terror!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jlewisinsyr

jlewisinsyr DIS Veteran

Partner and I are planning to do the ToT 10 miler in October.

4. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

I signed up for ToT on a whim the other day... I haven't done this event before but I'm def looking forward to not waking up at 2:30!! :)

5. ChrisNY2

ChrisNY2 Mouseketeer

Would love to meet more Disney runners :) I'm doing the Dumbo Double Dare and the Wine and Dine this year, and the 10K and Marathon in January :)

6. RENThead09

RENThead09 DIS Veteran

I am in for the Dumbo Double Dare too! Will be DLand Half #5 for me. Love that race.

Just booked (like this morning) a May trip to WDW and realized it is Expedition Everest Challenge weekend, so searching high and low for a bib. Would be fun to do.

And I am 99.9% in for Dopey. After Goofy this year I said I would never do another marathon. Damn you Disney!!!! 4 races and 6 medals in a weekend? Sign me up!!!! :yay: hahaha

Have fun out here people!

7. snowprince13

snowprince13 Earning My Ears

When are those races?

8. RENThead09

RENThead09 DIS Veteran

Dumbo Double is Labor Day weekend at Disneyland. Sold out in the first couple hours. There are a few charity spots available as well as some at GetTravel if you are looking.

Wine and Dine is at WDW in November 8/9th. It is about half full right now.

WDW Marathon Weekend is January 8-12th, 2014. It features the 5k on Thursday, the Minnie 10K on Friday morning, Donald's Half Marathon on Saturday, and Mickey's Full Marathon on Sunday. If you run the half/full you get the goofy medal. If you run all 4, you get the new Dopey.

Sorry if you already knew all that.

9. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

I'm doing Ex. Everest in a few weeks, Dumbo Double Dare in DL, bf is joining me for Wine & Dine (his first ½) and I think I am in for the Dopey.

I did the Tower 10 Miler last year. Unless there is massive global climate change or they air condition some of the course, I will stick to my inaugural medal.

10. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

Hi runners!

My wife and I are planning on Tink (first trip to DL for me!) and W&D in Nov. 2014. We are going for the C2C. I can't wait!

11. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

Awesome, I'm seriously considering going for Tink too! First Cali race and first C2C! Good luck to you both!! :cheer2:

12. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

I say go for it! I'm doing the DL 1/2 this year for the C2C.

13. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

I think so too, I'll be in Florida already for a week for marathon weekend, just gotta see if I can fit it into the budget! lol!

14. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Anybody signing up (or signed up) for Marathon Weekend 2014?

[​IMG]

15. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

I signed up this morning! Just doing the Half and 5k this year!

16. EWR2AUS

EWR2AUS Earning My Ears

Signed up for Goofy today... and Wine & Dine - didn't realize its already 65% full!

17. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

10K and the 1/2 for me.

18. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

I gave in . . signed up early registration for the 5K and Half and just now decided to sign up for the 10K as well! lol! :cool1:

19. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Good thing you did, the 10K is already past 71%. Probably won't be available much longer.

20. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

That's what sold me on it. . I was on the fence about it during early registration and I checked it this morning and saw it was at 71% and I was like "ehhhhhhh REGISTER". . .so I did. . :rotfl2:

21. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

The Minnie 10K sold out in just over 7 hours. Now if you want a spot it is through a travel partner (and have to book a package at their rate through them) or through a charity (have to fund raise a certain amount the charity group sets).