• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

It was on my release form.

Good to know! Not that I've won (yet... yes I'll say yet!) but I couldn't dare answer over the phone if I was giddy with excitement. LOL

Very happy to hear there's been Canadian winners :)

I ran late this morning because I hit my snooze for an hour, so I didn't get to enter DH and me this morning. Then after the email reminder came out I kept getting an error message. Finally, we are entered for today. Whew!

I am Canadian :D When I called to talk to them they said there had been a few Canadian winners.

Congratulations on your win! I'm so glad there's finally been a Canadian winner. I was one of the OMDD winners last year and there weren't any Canadian winners. Well, I'm Canadian but I live in the states now. :)

To answer your question about what will happen if Disney contacts you if you're at DL, I would just let your contact at Ventura know that you'll be away during that time and she can probably let the Disney people know.

I wouldn't worry about the jetlag too much if you choose WDW. We live on the east coast and went to DL and the first day was a bit rough because our flights were delayed, but we didn't really have many problems with jetlag. We just made sure we all took a nap every day. :thumbsup2

As for the dates that you can take your trip, there will be blackout dates and they do ask for your hotel choices but there's no guarantee that you'll get your first choice in hotel. All of the OMDD winners got the dates they requested.

suevr said:
Congratulations on your win! I'm so glad there's finally been a Canadian winner. I was one of the OMDD winners last year and there weren't any Canadian winners. Well, I'm Canadian but I live in the states now. :)

To answer your question about what will happen if Disney contacts you if you're at DL, I would just let your contact at Ventura know that you'll be away during that time and she can probably let the Disney people know.

I wouldn't worry about the jetlag too much if you choose WDW. We live on the east coast and went to DL and the first day was a bit rough because our flights were delayed, but we didn't really have many problems with jetlag. We just made sure we all took a nap every day. :thumbsup2

As for the dates that you can take your trip, there will be blackout dates and they do ask for your hotel choices but there's no guarantee that you'll get your first choice in hotel. All of the OMDD winners got the dates they requested.

Do you remember if October was a blackout? Or was it just specific days? We are probably going to leave the kids home and go with another couple, then the jet lag won't be such an issue.

Do you remember if October was a blackout? Or was it just specific days? We are probably going to leave the kids home and go with another couple, then the jet lag won't be such an issue.

If I remember correctly, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years were blacked out. I think President's Day week was also blacked out. Also keep in mind that your stay has to be over a Saturday night as well.

How old are your kids? Mine would be so mad if I left them at home to go to WDW. LOL! ;)

Just tried to enter and it won't let me. Says try later because of high volume. :(

I got that message earlier today. When I went back tonight it said I had already entered today.

Congrats to the three winners! Looks like my luck is holding out this year, too. *kicks dirt*

suevr said:
If I remember correctly, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years were blacked out. I think President's Day week was also blacked out. Also keep in mind that your stay has to be over a Saturday night as well.

How old are your kids? Mine would be so mad if I left them at home to go to WDW. LOL! ;)

They will be 6,3,1 when we go but they will just be back from a trip to DL, we leave in 13 days. I think they will be ok, they don't need to know that it was for 4, we might just tell them it was for 2. Lol

I went back and looked at the informational sheet the OMDD winners received, and these are the 2013 blackout dates. Obviously the exact dates will change for 2014, but you can see the times of year when you wouldn't be able to go. So, October at least seemed fine for MNSSHP, but there are only a few Christmas time dates available for travel. And as Sue mentioned earlier, we did have to stay over on a Saturday. That's still a good amount of flexibility though all things considered :)

January 1- 2
February 15 – 24
March 23 – 31
April 1- 6
November 26 – 30
December 1, 15 - 31

Thank you so much Brent!

Good luck in the next few days everyone! I think were going to have 3 more winners here before its over! :thumbsup2

Congrats to the new winner! So hoping I'm next. Haven't missed a day yet <3

You know what? The one email reminder I did get was on my Gmail account. The account I'm NOT using to enter the contest. I've been using my Comcast account to enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter