Disney Offering AP's Valid for 13 Months!

clarification question: we let DH and DS APs expire a few days ago b/c we are not going back to DL until May! If I go online and purchase a new AP for each of them before 2/11, when we arrive on May 9th to activate them -- they won't expire until June 9, 2018???

clarification question: we let DH and DS APs expire a few days ago b/c we are not going back to DL until May! If I go online and purchase a new AP for each of them before 2/11, when we arrive on May 9th to activate them -- they won't expire until June 9, 2018???

That is what the wording says and others have verified from e-mails they've received from Disney.

As agamble said, that's what people are being told when they inquire about buying the AP on or before Feb 11, but not activating it until after that (I also inquired last week and go pretty much the same answer - again - so that's a good sign). However, all that being said, we really won't know whether that's correct, whether the system will make the extension automatically, etc. until Feb 12.

As agamble said, that's what people are being told when they inquire about buying the AP on or before Feb 11, but not activating it until after that (I also inquired last week and go pretty much the same answer - again - so that's a good sign). However, all that being said, we really won't know whether that's correct, whether the system will make the extension automatically, etc. until Feb 12.

Just wondering...why are you skeptical about this? The terms and conditions are in writing. I don't see how it could change, as that would not ne legal.

Just wondering...why are you skeptical about this? The terms and conditions are in writing. I don't see how it could change, as that would not ne legal.
Sorry, I missed your post earlier about the terms & conditions on the Disney Store ticket voucher. From that, it would seem that as long as you activate/redeem the voucher by Nov 16 you should get the 13-month deal without issue. Hopefully the on-line vouchers have the same language as the ones in the stores, as that would make things a lot easier. I could easily see the Disney IT computer system having some kind of glitch on Feb 12 and not automatically adding the extra month anymore.

Sorry, I missed your post earlier about the terms & conditions on the Disney Store ticket voucher. From that, it would seem that as long as you activate/redeem the voucher by Nov 16 you should get the 13-month deal without issue. Hopefully the on-line vouchers have the same language as the ones in the stores, as that would make things a lot easier. I could easily see the Disney IT computer system having some kind of glitch on Feb 12 and not automatically adding the extra month anymore.

Ha, that would be funny if the terms & conditions were different for on-line vs. retail. What a mess that would be.

In case you are curious, I took some pictures of the retail packaging:

IMG_7270.JPG IMG_7271.JPG

I think I answered my own question. When I go to renew online it says "And if you renew within 40 days of your pass expiration date and prior to November 17, 2017, you get 13 months for the price of 12! Blockout dates still apply to certain pass types." And the price it shows is 40 dollars off per pass (I am in the renewal window).

Just to follow-up...I bought an annual pass online and it did qualify for the 13-month deal (it's in the fine print on the bottom of the voucher), but no where does it say that it has to be activated by November. The only date on the voucher is the expiration date of the voucher itself (one-year from purchase). So it looks like those that buy the voucher online during the promotion period (ending this weekend), you have one-year from date of purchase to activate the voucher and get the deal.

Just to follow-up...I bought an annual pass online and it did qualify for the 13-month deal (it's in the fine print on the bottom of the voucher), but no where does it say that it has to be activated by November. The only date on the voucher is the expiration date of the voucher itself (one-year from purchase). So it looks like those that buy the voucher online during the promotion period (ending this weekend), you have one-year from date of purchase to activate the voucher and get the deal.
Did you have to pay in full vs. doing the monthly payments? I am still trying to decide if I want to buy one before the special runs out. My current pass expires early April and I probably won't go again for a while. When I tried to do one on monthly payments before, it looked like it wasn't going to work as a voucher, but as something that would expire from 13 months from the date of purchase.

I asked at the ticket booth (tried to buy it there) this weekend and was told I had to buy online if I didn't want to activate it right away.

This was our experience too. If I'd known they had the tickets in the stores saying 13 months (as shown above) I may have gone that route. But we have our tickets now, so it doesn't matter. Monthly option was available when I looked online, but we just paid in full too. I noticed our expiration date wasn't until next February, but I still think Disney may require that they be activated by November. They do have the right to change, etc. as mentioned in the fine print. All calls and emails have also said by November.

Did you have to pay in full vs. doing the monthly payments? I am still trying to decide if I want to buy one before the special runs out. My current pass expires early April and I probably won't go again for a while. When I tried to do one on monthly payments before, it looked like it wasn't going to work as a voucher, but as something that would expire from 13 months from the date of purchase.

I asked at the ticket booth (tried to buy it there) this weekend and was told I had to buy online if I didn't want to activate it right away.

yes you can do monthly payments & get the 13 month deal. You cannot get monthly payments when you call, though

Not sure if this question has been answered......the verbiage is "purchase by Feb 11".....to me that means you have to buy no later than Feb 10....does anyone know if that's accurate, or do I have through Saturday?

Reason I ask is because I'm debating whether to purchase the AP's now on a payment plan, to redeem in December (and based on what @figment_jii wrote we'd still get the 13 months), or buy discounted 5 day PH tickets through LMTClub to save $200 and upgrade them to AP's in December........I'm hoping Disney releases what the new pricing structure will be for both Daily tickets and AP's on Friday for me to make the decision & purchase....if that even makes sense (basically if AP's go up by $50 per pass, then I negate my $200 savings from LMTClub for my family of 4 and should just go ahead and buy the AP's now using the payment plan to get an extra month). I know I'm over thinking this, but I want the best bang for the buck!

Not sure if this question has been answered......the verbiage is "purchase by Feb 11".....to me that means you have to buy no later than Feb 10....does anyone know if that's accurate, or do I have through Saturday?

Reason I ask is because I'm debating whether to purchase the AP's now on a payment plan, to redeem in December (and based on what @figment_jii wrote we'd still get the 13 months), or buy discounted 5 day PH tickets through LMTClub to save $200 and upgrade them to AP's in December........I'm hoping Disney releases what the new pricing structure will be for both Daily tickets and AP's on Friday for me to make the decision & purchase....if that even makes sense (basically if AP's go up by $50 per pass, then I negate my $200 savings from LMTClub for my family of 4 and should just go ahead and buy the AP's now using the payment plan to get an extra month). I know I'm over thinking this, but I want the best bang for the buck!

My tickets say they expire February 2018 and also say they will be valid for 13 months. However, people have reported that Disney said the tickets must be activated by a date in November of this year for the 13 month deal.

My tickets say they expire February 2018 and also say they will be valid for 13 months. However, people have reported that Disney said the tickets must be activated by a date in November of this year for the 13 month deal.

yes, those who purchased the vouchers at Disney Store say their's has a date on it, however those who purchased online state their vouchers don't have a redeem by date noted.
I'm just asking when they have to be purchased by - today (2/10) or tomorrow (2/11)

yes, those who purchased the vouchers at Disney Store say their's has a date on it, however those who purchased online state their vouchers don't have a redeem by date noted.
I'm just asking when they have to be purchased by - today (2/10) or tomorrow (2/11)

Sorry, I misread and thought you were asking about redeeming them in December. It is by tomorrow 2/11.

I know you are asking about the purchase date, but I would double check the activate by date before you buy them with plans to activate in Dec. I understand that the ones purchased online don't have the Nov date in the fine print (mine didn't either when we did it), but Disney has been pretty clear in their responses that it is activate by Nov. I'd hate to see you spend that kind of money and not have it work the way you want.

I know you are asking about the purchase date, but I would double check the activate by date before you buy them with plans to activate in Dec. I understand that the ones purchased online don't have the Nov date in the fine print (mine didn't either when we did it), but Disney has been pretty clear in their responses that it is activate by Nov. I'd hate to see you spend that kind of money and not have it work the way you want.

I'm aware of the risk, but if it is going to cost the same either way I'd rather have a shot at the 13 months.
The terminology just isn't clear to me, so trying to get clarification if anyone knows "by 2/11" means before 2/11 (so really a 2/10 expiration), or if I can wait until tomorrow to see if pricing will be released to make an accurate cost based decision.

I'm aware of the risk, but if it is going to cost the same either way I'd rather have a shot at the 13 months.
The terminology just isn't clear to me, so trying to get clarification if anyone knows "by 2/11" means before 2/11 (so really a 2/10 expiration), or if I can wait until tomorrow to see if pricing will be released to make an accurate cost based decision.

I think the only way to know what they mean by "by 2/11" would be to contact Disney. But I'm confused, what pricing are you waiting to be released in the next day? If you're ok taking the risk, why wouldn't you just get them today when you know it's good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter