Disney Offering AP's Valid for 13 Months!

Confusing information from DIS comments above. I think I'm understanding that if we buy our APs by February 11 and activate them before next November 17 they will be valid for 13 months. Is that correct? We'd like to buy them after the first of the year and activate them in June.

Just wanted to update on our experience-

Bought mine on 11/14, so a few days before the promotion started. CM on the phone essentially said I was out of luck, but thanks to an awesome DISer here, we actually qualified based on activation date.

Activated our passes yesterday and they originally showed 11/14/17 as our expiration. Pointed out we should get them until 12/19/17 and after getting a lead, and a lot of time, they were able to override the date. We are now the proud owners of 13 month APs. She did make sure to point out that because I'm doing this now I won't be eligible to do it next year if they extend the promotion.

I hope they sort this out before I get there in early December. I am in the same boat as you as I bought mines a few days before the promo date. Knowing Disney and how their IT infrastructure sucks and how their customer service has become completely incapable of solving anything-- i fear i will have to do the same thing as you and wait to have this solved.

Can you give me any pointers on what to say or ask for specifically?

The offer for a new pass is until 11/17/17 so yes.
I'm still a bit a confused about the difference between purchase and activation in terms of this offer for new passes. I couldn't find anything in the fine print about when the new pass must be activated by, only when they must be purchased (11/17/16 to 2/11/17)...where did you see November 17, 2017 as the activate date for new passes?

I may be missing it, but has anyone seen in writing from Disney that it applies to renewals up to that date? I thought I'd read on here that we'll get the extra month when we renew, but i may be getting mixed up. Just trying to figure out if I need to buy us all passes before the Feb date or I can wait until our renewal window

I've seen the AP information is on the press release website: http://disneylandnews.com/2016/11/1...ne-of-many-holiday-gift-ideas-for-the-season/
New passes must be purchased between Nov. 17, 2016, and Feb.11, 2017*, and pass renewals with this offer are permitted through Nov. 16, 2017**.
**Renewal must occur prior to Passport expiration date and no later than November 16, 2017.

It's the new AP purchases that seem less clear, although MousePlanet is now reporting that the new AP must be purchased and activated between 11/17/16 and 2/11/17.

I've seen the AP information is on the press release website: http://disneylandnews.com/2016/11/1...ne-of-many-holiday-gift-ideas-for-the-season/

It's the new AP purchases that seem less clear, although MousePlanet is now reporting that the new AP must be purchased and activated between 11/17/16 and 2/11/17.

Well i just stayed on hold for 20 minutes to talk to somebody and the cast member said she has the paper right in front of her that is a directive to say that any new pass ACTIVATED between 11/17/16 and 2/11/17 WILL get the 13 months. No question. She said if the pass does not automatically print the right date they will adjust it manually. She said I wasn't the first to have called about this and that she is 100% clear about it. She even gave me her name and everything.

OH and that article you referenced from Mouseplanet says this in the same paragraph "we have learned that the offer is actually based on the dates new passes are activated. For example, a customer who purchased an eligible annual passport online, at a Disney Store or even at a local grocery store prior to November 17, 2016 but activates it during the offer period will receive an annual pass valid for 13 months"

That's good to know! Hopefully they'll update the information on the website soon that folks don't have to call in and keep asking. It is confusing because the Disney information says "purchased", but it looks like it actually means "first used" (aka activated).

That's good to know! Hopefully they'll update the information on the website soon that folks don't have to call in and keep asking. It is confusing because the Disney information says "purchased", but it looks like it actually means "first used" (aka activated).

Yah I know, I bought my AP November 14 so I was going to really get depressed had it been the case that I don't get the offer lol. I agree Disney should update the website and just say 'Any new pass activated between .........will get 13 months'. simple change.

Well, now to muddle the waters. I wrote to Disneyland ticketing to ask the same question and the written response said "The pass just has to be purchased by February 11th, however, you can defoinitely [sic] activate it later in the year and still be able to retain the 13 months." Sigh...

I hope they sort this out before I get there in early December. I am in the same boat as you as I bought mines a few days before the promo date. Knowing Disney and how their IT infrastructure sucks and how their customer service has become completely incapable of solving anything-- i fear i will have to do the same thing as you and wait to have this solved.

Can you give me any pointers on what to say or ask for specifically?

I think a big part of it was it being so new. Nobody really argued with me, but the CM didn't know how to override it by a month, so he asked a lead to do it for him. And their computers run really slow. I will give the lead credit though, she went through all of our passes to double check the date was correct on all of them. She was really friendly and seemed to know exactly what to do.

I just pointed out the wording at the bottom of the pass about the 13 months when I got to the window to make sure they were aware. It is a just a process because they have to print paper copies with the original expiration date first and then go back and override and print again.

Well, now to muddle the waters. I wrote to Disneyland ticketing to ask the same question and the written response said "The pass just has to be purchased by February 11th, however, you can defoinitely [sic] activate it later in the year and still be able to retain the 13 months." Sigh...

Yikes! So confusing. That is how it is written (purchase). I think I'll plan on purchasing in February and hope it works out that we get the extra month.

Interesting that we are getting conflicting info. We just let our passes expire last week (11/15) and are planning our next trip for next November when we planned to get AP's again...and if we can get it confirmed (would love it in writing from Disney) that we can buy before 2/11/17 but not activate until next November I would 100% buy our AP's now as it would allow us to get 2 trips in at Christmas time (2017 & 2018)...will continue to watch and see what you all are told.

We already had been planning on upgrading our tickets to APs when we're there for our Christmas/New Year's trip. Happy to hear we'll be getting 13 months! We might just have to squeeze in an extra trip on the 13th month which would be Jan 2018 (and my birthday). :teeth:

We got our tickets upgraded last week as planned. It was a relatively easy process, but I spoke with the CM, who happened to be one of the more seasoned vets around the ticketing area, and she said the passes had to be activated by the deadline in February. I suspect quite a few CMs still don't have a clear answer, seasoned or not. I'd recommend getting whatever they say down in writing or at least getting the name of the person you speak with upon purchase if you plan to wait to activate and they say that's okay.

Fair warning to anyone going to upgrade tickets to a pass--the system is super slow and even slower because they have to manually adjust the dates. It took us about 30 minutes to process passes for 3 of us. We're getting my 2-year-olds their passes in January for their 3rd birthday and I am sincerely hoping the system somehow becomes smoother by then because it really shouldn't take that long.

I just renewed our Annual Passes last week online. They extended our expiration date by 365+30 days with no problem.

B

Fair warning to anyone going to upgrade tickets to a pass--the system is super slow and even slower because they have to manually adjust the dates. It took us about 30 minutes to process passes for 3 of us. We're getting my 2-year-olds their passes in January for their 3rd birthday and I am sincerely hoping the system somehow becomes smoother by then because it really shouldn't take that long.
Heck, we upgraded PHs in June, without any of this promotion going on, and it STILL took half an hour. Crazy.

We actually activated our passes on 11-14-16....three days before the promotion began. I called to see if Disney could help us out since we missed it by just 3 days. They said no way! I went to the ticket center at the park: they said no way! My wife called back and spoke with a manager: she said NO WAY! What I'm trying to say is that if you happened to start your AP on that Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday before the 17th, you have a 12 month pass. And everyone else who shows up after you gets a 13 month pass.

It's one of those things of life that makes you mad - knowing someone paid the exact same amount for something you bought, only to find out they got it better. I know I got what I paid for, but it almost makes you feel ripped off.

We actually activated our passes on 11-14-16....three days before the promotion began. I called to see if Disney could help us out since we missed it by just 3 days. They said no way! I went to the ticket center at the park: they said no way! My wife called back and spoke with a manager: she said NO WAY! What I'm trying to say is that if you happened to start your AP on that Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday before the 17th, you have a 12 month pass. And everyone else who shows up after you gets a 13 month pass.

It's one of those things of life that makes you mad - knowing someone paid the exact same amount for something you bought, only to find out they got it better. I know I got what I paid for, but it almost makes you feel ripped off.
But won't you be able to renew and get the 13 months at the end of the promo?
Sorry that's not much of a consolidation.

But won't you be able to renew and get the 13 months at the end of the promo?
Sorry that's not much of a consolidation.

Yeah, they kept offering me that. But we do one year on, one year off. So getting 13 months next time does me no good. I was just hoping I could possibly get an extension so that we can visit in December next year instead of November. It wouldn't have cost Disney anything more, but they didn't know that. And i'm sure they couldn't make one exception. I'm sure I wasn't the only one whining. I had friends there that week who had a 3 day pass, turned it into an AP on Wednesday, and Disney wouldn't make it a 13 month AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter