Disney Offering AP's Valid for 13 Months!

Any AP is good for a full 365 days on a non-leap year. If you have a leap day in your AP year then it's actually 366 days. So if you buy an AP at the parks on December 1, 2016 and use it that day you can use it all the way through December 1, 2017.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

This is exciting as my younger daughter turns 3 in Jan and we'll need to get her an AP. Was debating switching to SO Cal tickets, but Disney may have just got more of our $ :).

I am curious how renewals work - I.e. Can we prepay for our renewals (due up in July) and get the extra month and just activate in July (but I'm guessing we would lose the renewal discount, so it may be a wash?)

Just called and found out it is the day of purchase, not activation so I'm out of luck. I still plan to ask at the ticket booth when I activate, but am not expecting a different answer.

She did say however that if I renewed this current pass by 11/15/17, they would honor the promotion then and my renewal pass wouldn't expire until Dec. 2018. May be worth it since I'll get the renewal discount and the promotion then.

Interested to see what other people find out

This is not what i was told. I was told it is the activation date. We bought our passes on Monday and on the eTicket itself when you view it, it does say:
Important Information
aeefa1992b14b90eb4f9a427b046ff20-Notification.png

The pass will be valid for 13 consecutive months for the price of 12. This offer is not valid for passes previously purchased and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. Passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Blockout dates apply to certain pass types.

Does yours not say that?

This is not what i was told. I was told it is the activation date. We bought our passes on Monday and on the eTicket itself when you view it, it does say:
Important Information

The pass will be valid for 13 consecutive months for the price of 12. This offer is not valid for passes previously purchased and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. Passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Blockout dates apply to certain pass types.

Does yours not say that?

Just went and looked at mine and it does say it! Thank you!!!! Will be much easier at the ticket booth now!

This is perfect timing. While we're at Disneyland this coming week I was planning on upgrading to APs. With the extra month thrown in, it's definitely worth it.

Attendance is down and people are not renewing at the rate they expected. That's what happens when you get greedy. I guess they finally found the point where a significant portion of people just won't pay it anymore. And it's about time.
I;m not sure where you are getting "attendance is down" as anyone who has been at the park the last 3 months will tell you it is busy even on Thursdays and Tuesdays. Mid October, on a Tuesday, POTC wait time was 75 mins. The park was crowded. I was there a Thurs-Tues. I swore it was as busy as a busy summer weekend day. I had a friend who came to meet me at the park text me she felt it was Christmas week busy. I didn't think it was THAT busy. Now, are renewals down? Maybe, don't know. I know the people I know with passes are renewing, but the ones previously a Premium pass are now a Signature pass and not going the 2 weeks at Christmas.

This is the kind of stuff Disney does that drives me crazy. My pass expires on November 20th, so I renewed it at the 40 day mark. Now I wish I would have waited.

I;m not sure where you are getting "attendance is down" as anyone who has been at the park the last 3 months will tell you it is busy even on Thursdays and Tuesdays. Mid October, on a Tuesday, POTC wait time was 75 mins. The park was crowded. I was there a Thurs-Tues. I swore it was as busy as a busy summer weekend day. I had a friend who came to meet me at the park text me she felt it was Christmas week busy. I didn't think it was THAT busy. Now, are renewals down? Maybe, don't know. I know the people I know with passes are renewing, but the ones previously a Premium pass are now a Signature pass and not going the 2 weeks at Christmas.

There was just an article about how attendance is down - maybe in the OC Register? I read it carefully, because I agree it hasn't felt that way, but it started by saying "Disney Parks" attendance was down, and I thought, "ah-ha, must be Disney World," but then it went on to specify that WDW attendance was actually bolstering DL's low attendance figures!

I'll see if I can find the article, but in spite of how the parks have felt, it is indeed true.

The article ended with something about how the quarter revinue for Disney had "fallen to" "only" 13 billion me something...

Multiple stories lately on declines on Disney''s theme park attendance all over the world but the specific story which referenced a year over year decline in D land's attendance was on Bloomberg television in the past week. They also said renewals had declined. It explains why they are offering an additional month for free.

Just went and looked at mine and it does say it! Thank you!!!! Will be much easier at the ticket booth now!
So does the eTicket state when the pass must be activated to benefit from the 13 month offer? I'd like to buy my pass now, but not activate it until July 2017. So if activated July 2017, it would expire Aug 2018?

So does the eTicket state when the pass must be activated to benefit from the 13 month offer? I'd like to buy my pass now, but not activate it until July 2017. So if activated July 2017, it would expire Aug 2018?
The offer for a new pass is until 11/17/17 so yes.

Important Information

Does yours not say that?

Thank you for pointing this out! I was so disappointed when I heard about the 13 month pass that came out yesterday. I bought ours on 11/4, but didn't plan to use it until next month. Just looked a the bottom of the eticket and it does say 13 consecutive months!

So I just called Disney, and although they wouldn't apply the promotion for me this year, I will be eligible to get it next year when I renew so long as I renew by 11/17/17. My pass expires on 11/20. of course, I wanted it this year since I don't plan on renewing next year, but I guess too bad for me for renewing early. Shame on me. Lesson learned. Maybe there's a reason attendance is down. Poor customer service.

I am having trouble sorting out the details regarding this new AP promotion. Can anyone help me think through this scenario? My Deluxe AP expires on 1/2/17. Is there anyway I can get 26 months out of this promotion? Can I renew my existing pass next week then purchase a new AP using the promotion by 11/17/2017? Also, am I eligible to receive the renewal discount in addition to the 13 month AP deal?When does the pass need to be activated? I am also thinking about upgrading to the Signature pass. Help??!!

Multiple stories lately on declines on Disney''s theme park attendance all over the world but the specific story which referenced a year over year decline in D land's attendance was on Bloomberg television in the past week. They also said renewals had declined. It explains why they are offering an additional month for free.
They way I read it they are having a 4% decline YOY, however, for the 60th anniversary they had a 12.5% YOY increase. So, yes, that is why it is still crowded. That is still a 4% each year increase from 2014 average.

They way I read it they are having a 4% decline YOY, however, for the 60th anniversary they had a 12.5% YOY increase. So, yes, that is why it is still crowded. That is still a 4% each year increase from 2014 average.

No doubt about it its still crowded. But this renewal promo and a lack of AP price increase in the past three months tells me they are concerned about the future and probably the economy as well. The last time the stock market took a real dive was just after a two term president left office. Thats about to happen again and that does not bode well for theme park attendance.

Just wanted to update on our experience-

Bought mine on 11/14, so a few days before the promotion started. CM on the phone essentially said I was out of luck, but thanks to an awesome DISer here, we actually qualified based on activation date.

Activated our passes yesterday and they originally showed 11/14/17 as our expiration. Pointed out we should get them until 12/19/17 and after getting a lead, and a lot of time, they were able to override the date. We are now the proud owners of 13 month APs. She did make sure to point out that because I'm doing this now I won't be eligible to do it next year if they extend the promotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter