Disney Magic Renovations CONFIRMED

Another popular fan site that announces rumors has posted high-res pics they say have been released by DCL...Cabanas is in one of those pics. Hmmmmm...something overlooked at the media event? Or maybe they are back-tracking?

Oh, one can hope it still happens!

Another thing I noticed...the picture of D-Lounge...I am guessing that will go in the old Studio Sea space? If so, I am really bummed from a personal perspective. My dad was a huge (and I mean HUGE) film buff...and also a huge fan of Disney. It was bittersweet that DCL began sailing after his death, and then even more so bittersweet the first time
:cheer2:

I laid eyes on Studio Sea without him there to see it. I will be incredibly bummed if there is no longer a film theme to it. :sad1:

The existing area for adult club with the stage is terrible, looking at picture and knowing space and other areas around it that is were all of this remodel is being done.

I for one am very excited for this!

We've sailed the Magic twice, and had a great time both times! When we go to the Med in 2014 it will be like going on a new ship :cool1:

The thought on cruising on the Wonder never crossed my mind, but with the new changes I would take it into consideration. I am really loving the new look and upgraded bedding is great. When I looked at the pictures of the rooms, it just turned me off from the ship. So excited though.

The changes being announced are for the Magic.

I hope they bring her back to NYC in the not too distant future.

I love everything except the fact that they are getting rid of the stairs!! I love the double stairs and the mickey in the middle. Looks like they are moving the Mickey to the side by the one remaining stairs. I liked him in the center of the two. Guess I should have bought the picture of us in front of it now. :( That makes me sad. Any idea why they are removing one of the stairs?

A lot of the announcements are great. But WHY ARE THEY CHANGING THE ATRIUM?!!!!?!!

Billybob7 said:
What bedding updates did they announce?

Thanks!

No announcement this morning but photos released by DCL show the bedding to be the same as on the new ships. Also suites look like they will get new furniture.

wallawallakids said:
I love everything except the fact that they are getting rid of the stairs!! I love the double stairs and the mickey in the middle. Looks like they are moving the Mickey to the side. :( That makes me sad. Any idea why they are removing one of the stairs?

Probably to open up the atrium more. Gives more room in that area and also lightens it up.

I know some people mentioned the Animators plans here is some more info.
The coloring changing show in Animators is staying. The current picture frames will be replaced with screens. The restaurant still keeps the black and white looks not the studio look from the Dream Class. There will be 2 shows now. The coloring changing show "Drawn to the Magic" and the animation show "Animation Magic" from the Fantasy. The space still looks 90% the same.
:)

Prices will go up because of actions in Washington, not what Dinsey does. Your dollars is worthless.

Disney with these minor changes to Magic is not keeping up with industry. They are trying to live on there past.

Look at video of Royal Princess, has DCL ships covered in every aspect, including kids. RBL has many great ships now and more coming. Even Carnival is stepping up with renotavated new Sunshine.

Cruise on Royal Princess prices is less than DCL. Will net out close to same but as on now Princess new ships offer more.

I see this as bandaid until they get to next ships.

Atrium looks terrible with half the steps. What did they have in mind.

Redoing parriot cay, ok, but its like moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. Does not influnce me or the kids as to weather we sail on the ship.
Best change i saw was the adult night culb, we were in their three nights and the set up really did not work.
Kids pool change and slides are good but half-way moves.

To each his own!

Things change folks, its the way of life. Some with love some will not! Personally I think the changes look great! Hopefully I'll get a chance to return to the Magic some time to check it out in person. Looking forward to seeing the pictures next fall!

So has anyone watched the video on the DCL Facebook page about the plans for the Magic, sounds awesome!!!

To each his own!

I couldnt agree more- you cannot please everyone. To some the glass is 1/2 empty, to others its 1/2 full. :goodvibes

I think the improvements look great. My daughter is going to love that new Mickey slide. :cool1:

Looks really cool, we may add a cruise this fall just to get on the ship to see the changes. I am really bummed they didn't turn sessions into a skyline lounge. we love the lounge on the dream class ships.

cgolf

No announcement this morning but photos released by DCL show the bedding to be the same as on the new ships. Also suites look like they will get new furniture.

But haven't they already been switching out the bedding on the classics for the last year or more?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter