Disney Magic Renovations CONFIRMED

Another popular fan site that announces rumors has posted high-res pics they say have been released by DCL...Cabanas is in one of those pics. Hmmmmm...something overlooked at the media event? Or maybe they are back-tracking?

Is that my DH's site? He's saying its happening regardless whether they announced it or not. I think he's probably right - I've heard this mentioned on all 3 of our past Fantasy cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Maybe I missed it but WHEN will these changes take place? We are sailing on the Magic in Venice June 2014.

Dry dock begins in September 2013 and the first sailing after is out of Miami on October 20, 2013.

You will see the changes next year in 2014!

Is that my DH's site? He's saying its happening regardless whether they announced it or not. I think he's probably right - I've heard this mentioned on all 3 of our past Fantasy cruises.

I just read your DH's site as well, but I initially was referring to Stitch's.

I have to admit, the Dream's atrium did nothing for me in pictures. It wasn't untill I saw her in person that I fell in love with the atriums on the new ships. Guessing the Magic's redo will be the same.

The new floor is pretty, but I have a gut feeling we'll see a grand chandelier - it's just not getting revealed yet.

I just loved that Chihuly, it was so unique. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend, the Magic is the ship we've sailed on the most. Now the atrium has kind of a generic feel to it. But no matter, I doubt we'll ever sail on the Magic again since we have the two new ships here at Port Canaveral.

I just loved that Chihuly, it was so unique. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend, the Magic is the ship we've sailed on the most. Now the atrium has kind of a generic feel to it. But no matter, I doubt we'll ever sail on the Magic again since we have the two new ships here at Port Canaveral.

I'll bet they couldn't keep up with dusting it LOL

35d2abb23ce291a42c7ad44e2d1e8703.jpg

4b2aeb064b9b1bf5883a991c64cecea6.jpg

04a6672b729b723b669758bd86785c56.jpg

06fdd71815e664c22da347b9d634f45a.jpg

Wow -- it's exciting to get some official info after all the months of speculating!

So will there now only be one pool for kids/families? I've only been on the new ships, but two pools is not enough on those!

Also, I've noticed that many seem to be disappointed in the changes to AP. What happens at AP now on the classic ships? Is there a show of some kind?

There is the color change show of the drawings from black & white to color during dinner in AP classics now.

The Mickey pool is just going to be replaced by the aqua lab pool.

It also looks like if they are adding the Nephew' Splash Zone under the funnel a la where Nemo's Reef is on the new ships, that they will be moving the food areas as well maybe like where Flo's is? We did have an officer tell us in Dec on the Fantasy they were essentially rippling off the entire pool deck and staring over...... We took that with a grain of salt.... Looks like some is coming into fruition!!!

Wow -- it's exciting to get some official info after all the months of speculating!

So will there now only be one pool for kids/families? I've only been on the new ships, but two pools is not enough on those!

The classic ships also have a Goofy 'family' pool with 2 hot tubs - there are no pics of this area yet.

I didn't see this posted yet..but what restaurant are they taking out to fit Carioca’s? I'm assuming Parrot Cay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter