Disney Magic Renovations CONFIRMED

They didn't focus on vegetarian dishes...sigh. I do hope the vegetarian offering at Cariocas is better than the ones they are currently serving. And I really hope Disney adds a simple pasta dish with marinara to the everyday offering (currently either chicken or steak or something like that).

Loving the new eCompass!

I believe you can reqest pasta with marinara...I believe it is on the kids menu.

I got a postcard in the mail today announcing the new Castaway Club member newsletter online. Yeah!!!

So I checked out what they had to say about the Aqua Dunk. Here it is, in the voice of a Disney Imagineer:

"You won't believe what happens to you on the Aqua Dunk. You walk out in this capsule. Doors close behind you and the floor underneath you (swsh) drops out ~ sending you down almost 40 feet (whoop) straight down and around a 180 degree loop and then (swsp) into a run out where I guarantee your heart will be beating faster and hopefully your swimming suit will still be on."

Okay, my teens will like it. Me, not so much. :scared:

The Aqua Lab areas sounds like the same water type park that the Freedom of the Seas has. Just smaller. No lazy river donut or it's own pool in that location. lol

And specials on Final Farewell sailings from Galveston (9/27 - 11/13/13)

Finally a plus for being short!!!:rotfl2: Both of my teenagers and myself would be able to ride it. :goodvibes The AquaDunk is maybe a little intense for me, but perfect for DH...so we would all be happy!

My sons like the look of both slides....but are sad that the one slide is 5'4" and under. My family is tall ...5'7" at 12 and 6'2" at 15... That not even taking my oldest who will not be with on cruises for a couple of years who is 6'7".... So Aqua dunk here they come in the near future...::dance3:

I hope they let adults ride it; those are the same restrictions for all of the Mickey slides on all four DCL ships, but there is an age restriction as well. I think it's 12 years old? I'll have to look for a pic of the sign.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I really hope adults can ride it!!! :thumbsup2 I am 5'2"!!! :scratchin

I really hope adults can ride it!!! :thumbsup2 I am 5'2"!!! :scratchin

From DCL's website:

Kids cruising aboard the Disney Magic will have a blast at The Aqualab, where Huey, Dewey and Louie have set up super cool water experiments. There’s a fantastic new kids’ slide called Twist’ n’ Spout , and Nephews’ Splash Zone is a fun-filled play area for infants and toddlers.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/disney-magic-enhancements/#duck-in

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/disney-magic-enhancements/

Joe Lanzisero says specifically it's not just for kids in his presentation and he is very clear about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG48ulSX8QQ&feature=em-uploademail

Here is what he says, "a really cool new slide, and this is a family slide, not just for kids, called Twist and Spout"

I really think they are opening this up to everyone up to 5'4".

:thumbsup2

I guess family members who are taller than 5'4" are out of luck??? I think only one member of our family is under 5'4".

MJ

I'm confused too.

Maybe it's like legislation: there is an intent and then the reality and actuality of the matter is always different. i.e. once they put the intent of the imagineer into reality it will sadly have to stay just kids. I have no idea, just wishful thinking that adults can experience this as Joe wants them too.

But he is clearly intending on it being for all members of the families in his presentation, and he actually mentions nothing about height. The 5'4" was in another media announcement from DCL.

I just loved that Chihuly, it was so unique. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend, the Magic is the ship we've sailed on the most. Now the atrium has kind of a generic feel to it. But no matter, I doubt we'll ever sail on the Magic again since we have the two new ships here at Port Canaveral.

I agree....why are they making them all look alike instead of maintaining the unique, character, class and beauty. The deep rich colors are gorgeous.

look at what Disney has done at parks, both Disneyland and WDW magic Kingdom, and Disney Studio with the coming of Cars Land.

Magic Reno. is peanuts.

Living of their past glory, in today world may not work anymore.

They did not fill the ship in Galveston!!!! I sailed on Magic from Galveston not the port. Very easy to get on and off. Very close to cheap sirport that has Southwest as main tennent.

Maybe the Magic has worn off.

I am stock holder and long time Disney person. But I look at what is happening in the Cruise industry and Disney to me is trying to live a dream and for the most part in the world today that dose not work.

Galveston is inconvenient and expensive my husband and I both said that will never work when they announced it. Not to mention Mexico isn't very popular these days

General obesrvation that this thread reminds me of from DIS world. There are a lot of people in this world.
One group of people act like they would rather everything that Disney did stay like it was when it originally was released. They are resistant to changes of any kind.
One group of people complains that Disney never does anything new, but typically they are the same people to complain if something they liked goes away in the progress of moving forward with something new.
One group wants something new and different everytime they go even if they are the type to go to something Disney ever week or every month.
Then there are the majority who fally in the middle of all the other groups.

I find the dynamics humerous.

I love the Magic, but I am very excited about these changes. I think these changes are a wonderful compromise between keeping things classic and keeping things fresh. From the artists renderings the AquaDunk looks like it will add a fun thrill element for the young adults/teens that people always complain are ignored on the Classic ships without adding much if any impact to the aesthetics of the ship. No the AquaDunk is not for everyone, but neither is the spa, the kids clubs, the fitness center, the adult areas etc.

The changes to the atrium I think are going to be welcome changes to open the atrium up, allow for more useful space and more light. As for the decor changes and the new light fixture, The old chandlier was a piece of art, but most places need to change up the look of the decor at least every 10 years and the Magic atrium has pretty much looked exactly the same since it was entered service in 1998. It is probably past time for some updating/change.

It appears that they are adding to Animators Pallate not taking away from it. I will say from experience that the effects of AP are very different in its current state depending on where you are seated. The first time we went I was in awe at the show and the effects. The second time I was seated by the door and couldn't really see the walls change or the animation so it was anticlamatic. I am excited about a chance for enhancement to the experience.

The changes to the kids club look great. One thing that stood out to me in the video is something I noticed when we were on the Magic. The kids clubs in their current configuration are very dark. Not dark like evil but dark like not enough light. THe artist renderings at least seem to brighten up the space a lot. I love that they are adding a Superheros section. I feel like there will be activities to appeal to girls and boys.

I wish I could figure out a way to get back on the Magic sooner rather than later. As it stands right now we are on the Wonder in 2014 and not plans until 2015 for another cruise.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter