• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Renovations CONFIRMED

HOW are they going to do all this work in 6 weeks? I can't imagine that is enough time to do all of this! :confused3

Don't like the restrictions on twist n spout. Seriously, I like a nice slide, but not free fall... So I'm out.

Any upgrades to Vibe or Edge?

Will dining menus change in all of the restaurants?

Also has anyone heard if the main shows will change at all? I think right now the Magic has Twice Charmed, Villians and Dreams......

Don't like the restrictions on twist n spout.......

What restrictions. That other link Bonniec gave me didn't say it wasn't for adults. :confused3
The latest linked video says "family slide, not just for kids" referring to the Twist and Spout.
I believe the T&S slide will be for all ages.

What restrictions. That other link Bonniec gave me didn't say it wasn't for adults. :confused3
The latest linked video says "family slide, not just for kids" referring to the Twist and Spout.
I believe the T&S slide will be for all ages.

It was from me (not Bonniec) and the site I sent specifically said 'kids' not 'families.' Sorry you don't believe my post from yesterday- here's the press release FROM DCL (not a fan site, official DCL):

http://dclnews.com/2013/04/getting-...magic-with-new-thrills-pools-and-playgrounds/

My hubby uses info he investigates or stuff straight from DCL rather than gossip on his site (keeps him credible), so I knew it for a fact. My bad, I should've linked the press release yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Any upgrades to Vibe or Edge?

Will dining menus change in all of the restaurants?

Also has anyone heard if the main shows will change at all? I think right now the Magic has Twice Charmed, Villians and Dreams......

I was wondering this too. Are they not changing the Vibe or Edge at all? :confused3

I don't think DCL released all the up dates yesterday.

I can't imagine them not doing something to the Edge and Vibe. Is not one of the teen or tween clubs in the area where the Aquadunk is going to go?

I can't imagine them not doing something to the Edge and Vibe. Is not one of the teen or tween clubs in the area where the Aquadunk is going to go?

Edge is on deck 2 and Vibe is inside the forward funnel on deck 10. The AquaDunk is going to hang off the funnel, not be inside it.

The Aquadunk doesn't go through the stack, where the Vibe currently is on the classics. They are going to have to add some sort of stairwell though, which shouldn't take all of the area from the club. The Edge is larger on the classics than on the new ships so maybe they will just revamp it. There is always the crew pool area, which we only saw used in 2008 when passing through the PC. That was the first and only time we ever saw CMs in the area on 8 cruises on the classics.

They did not. By not releasing it all at once, keeps the excitement building. There's always that element of surprise to keep us interested ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love all the changes announced so far.

I would love to see a concierge lounge, not sure if it is possible with the space but they could remove a couple staterooms I guess, I dont know

I would love to see a new show in the theater.

I would love to see a concierge lounge, not sure if it is possible with the space but they could remove a couple staterooms I guess, I dont know

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Me too. Love this on the new ships. They really need to add it to the classics. It doesn't have to be as big as the new ships b/c of fewer concierge rooms. Lets hope it is something they are just waiting to announce.

lbgraves said:
There is always the crew pool area, which we only saw used in 2008 when passing through the PC. That was the first and only time we ever saw CMs in the area on 8 cruises on the classics.

Former Disney Magic CM here, and I agree that the crew pool is very under used. It DOES get used for crew parties at night (which are awesome) but very few use it for swimming. A lot of CM go out there to smoke, but you cant see them from the guest areas. A real problem is access. It is VERY difficult to get to, and requires a lot of crew-only stairwell usage that would be difficult to work around. But you never know, maybe they'll rip that puppy apart and make it work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter