• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic June 29 - July 6, 2016

Hi all, my family and I are traveling from California for this cruise. It's me, my wife, and my 8-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter. Looking forward to this adventure. What sort of things are traded via fish extenders?

Hi all, my family and I are traveling from California for this cruise. It's me, my wife, and my 8-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter. Looking forward to this adventure. What sort of things are traded via fish extenders?
It depends, it can be anything from handmade gifts to candy or magnets. It's really up to you. Some people do individual gifts for everyone in the cabin and other people do a gift for the entire cabin. You can find ideas of what some people do on Etsy or in some old threads (I believe they're all dead but the information provided should still be relevant) here's a list from a post on a previous thread.

So I posted this over on Facebook but thought it would be fun to post it here as well.....

Now that we are getting closer and closer to our exciting Cruise I am curious...what excursions did you sign up for and why? We signed up for the Lysefjord Cruise in Stavenger because we wanted to get a closer look at the gorgeous fjords and falls. Didn't think we had what it takes to make it to Pulpit Rock! LOL Plus it will still give us a little time in Stavenger after we do the cruise. We are also doing the Views of Norway in Geiranger. This looked to us like it will hit a lot of high points (lol pun intended!) and give us some great photo ops. Again, sufficient time afterward to see a little of the sights in town too. We plan on exploring on our own in Bergen and Alesund. These towns are small enough we feel comfortable doing that. How about the rest of you? We are also doing a Segway tour of Copenhagen on boarding day! Getting very excited!!!!

Here are our Excursions (We booked 3 of the 4 outside of DCL, saved us a bunch of $):

Geiranger - We booked the Panorama Bus Tour (10:45 a.m.) with Geiranger Fjordservice - $102 for family of 4
Stavanger - We booked the Lysefjord & Pulpit Rock Tour (10:00 a.m.) with Rodne Fjord Cruise - $158 for family of 4
Bergen - We booked the Fjord cruise Bergen-Mostraumen (10:00 a.m.) with Rodne Fjord Cruise - $183 for family of 4
Bergen - Mt. Floien Funicular - We will just buy tickets there - $25 for a family of 4
Alesund - We booked the Alesund Highlight Tour through DCL

Last edited:
Ok so it is official. I had my first "Packing" dream last night, where I forgot to pack certain items and we were way over our weight limit. Only means we are getting closer...of course the first thing I did when I woke up was check the airline to verify the amount of luggage/weight we are allowed to bring. I think I am going to "pre-buy" one more piece allowed....Does anyone else have these crazy dreams, or am I just crazy?

Ok so it is official. I had my first "Packing" dream last night, where I forgot to pack certain items and we were way over our weight limit. Only means we are getting closer...of course the first thing I did when I woke up was check the airline to verify the amount of luggage/weight we are allowed to bring. I think I am going to "pre-buy" one more piece allowed....Does anyone else have these crazy dreams, or am I just crazy?
I don't regularly have them but on occasion I will. Mine are usually about some freak event happening that causes us to miss or flight. I generally don't have any issues with packing.

Caesar family - Can you please PM me?

Everyone else - FE List closes on Thursday!!

Hi Cruising Goddess,
Just learned of this and fish extenders. The FE list closing seems like a Thursday a few weeks ago? but figured I'd check.
Thanks.
C. Alper

There's instructions on how to get 10 posts in the first post of this topic. Hopefully, he/she can figure it out. :)

**** FE list will close on March 31st ****

If you haven't joined the list but want to, please message me ASAP!

I know its so late for the FE! This is our first Disney Cruise and didn't know anything about the FE or the door decorations. We would LOVE to join the FE if possible. I have 2 daughters 10 & C. Thanks, Suzann

ABD 6/26 Copenhagen, 6/29 Disney Magic Norway & ABD with DH, DD10 & DD6.

Hi! Welcome to our cruise. Glad you can join us. If you can, please get to 10 posts. Use the test board to do this. Then pm cruisinggoddess. After you get 10 posts wait a half hour then pm cruisinggoddess. The main FE has been closed, but you may be able to join the latecomers list. As I understand, cruisinggoddess is also doing ABD. See you in Copenhagen!

Thanks so much! We are getting super excited and I want to make this as special as possible for my girls... Hope I can still get in on the FE....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter