Disney Magic June 29 - July 6, 2016

Thanks Amy! That is like a foreign language to me, I'll ask a friend to translate :)

Rebecca, I sent you a message through your site. Please help if you can. I am slowly making my way up to 10 posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca, I sent you a message through your site. Please help if you can. I am slowly making my way up to 10 posts.

{edited by a moderator} Can't wait to meet you this summer. Another way to get to 10 posts is to go to the test board, some post just the word test.

{edited by a moderator} Can't wait to meet you this summer. Another way to get to 10 posts is to go to the test board, some post just the word test.
Thank you ASchwa! Summer can't get here fast enough. Will check that :)

Finally got to 10 but can't figure out how to message you. I thought I was more tech savvy!!!
It usually takes the system a little time to recognize that you've achieved 10 posts. Around 30-60 minutes. Once it does, when you click on the person's avatar that you want to communicate with, there will be a link "Start a conversation".

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hi this is our second Disney cruise, the last one was in 2012. What is going on with all the posts being edited and removed? I can't follow the conversation. Thanks.

Hi this is our second Disney cruise, the last one was in 2012. What is going on with all the posts being edited and removed? I can't follow the conversation. Thanks.
Last year DISboards adopted a new policy:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Since then, the Cruise Meet threads have gone a bit crazy with people posting links and all to other social media sites, and that's not allowed. So, periodically, the moderators have to "clean house".

Wow I believe we are only five months away....We just bought our airline tickets....which makes it feel a little more real. It will be here before we know it. Getting excited.

Wow I believe we are only five months away....We just bought our airline tickets....which makes it feel a little more real. It will be here before we know it. Getting excited.

I know what you mean, I have my flights and hotel, now I just have to make plans on what I do in Copenhagen!

Copenhagen Plans (we are coming in on Sunday) - I think we are going to do a Hop-on-Hop-off tour bus, but we are also thinking about taking a castle tour. I was looking on Viator and they have some good packages.

Brand new to this site but myself, wife and DS(8) and DD(5) from Toronto CAN will be on this trip. First ever cruise (DCL or other) so pretty newbie to all this but very excited. What is this FE thing? Anyone willing to answer some questions should I have them while planning?

What is this FE thing?
WHAT IS A FISH EXTENDER? (FE)
Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:fish holder wonder 2012 1408 100_7536.JPG

The fish is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the Cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room. A Fish Extender (FE) it is something that you hang off the fish. By hanging the Fish Extender off of the fish, the Cast Members can still use it for its original purpose.THIS IS NOT A ONE ON ONE EXCHANGE, YOU ARE PART OF A GROUP. All the people in the exchange buy or make little items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received.

Once a cruise meet thread is up and running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know assemble the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:door magnets 4 wonder oct 2011 256 100_3589 1500.jpg

The most common Fish Extenders are ones that have a pocket for each person in that stateroom. Some are very fancy, some are very plain. Some are store bought, some are homemade. Search "Disney fish extender" and you will get options that range in price. You should make sure your Fish Extender is between 8" & 12"" wide. Otherwise it starts to get in the way of your stateroom door. It should not exceed 5 feet; otherwise it will hit the floor. If you are creating your own it is suggested you make the pockets a little deeper than normal too. It will keep items from falling out and keep curious hands from reaching in (average depth is 5-6 inches)but 8-11 is a better way to go if you are making it yourself

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise).

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.

Fantastic information, THANKS! I would definitely be interested, who do I PM once i get 10 posts?

We have been booked for a while now and I just found this thread. So excited to go!! I'm traveling with my hubby and 2 sons, ages 9 and 6.

Brand new to this site but myself, wife and DS(8) and DD(5) from Toronto CAN will be on this trip. First ever cruise (DCL or other) so pretty newbie to all this but very excited. What is this FE thing? Anyone willing to answer some questions should I have them while planning?

Welcome to the group! Ask any questions and people will answer. I see Princess Shmoo has answered the question about the FE. If you have more, look at post #48, and the thing about social sites. Can't wait to meet you on the cruise!

Welcome to the group! Ask any questions and people will answer. I see Princess Shmoo has answered the question about the FE. If you have more, look at post #48, and the thing about social sites. Can't wait to meet you on the cruise!
Well..You did say ask :)
- Anyone staying at the Radisson Blu Copenhagen before this or have stayed there before?
- FE followup. Seems they list those organizers as no allowed? Unless I'm reading it wrong https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/room-decorations/
- What are the "first things" once on board? Getting tickets for characters?
- Anyone know if there are HDMI ports on the TVs and if they work? i.e. can i connect my tablet to it to preview my pictures etc.
- For those with younger kids, outside of port time do kids mostly spend time in the kids clubs? If they are in one and decide they want to get picked up, how does that work?
- Anyone know a good website for teaching basic Scandinavian? I know they speak English too but hey, I like to learn random stuff.
- What are the pros and cons to each rotation restaurant? I see people wanting specific rotation. Why?

Sorry, very new to this and education up front will help avoid micro-management closer to departure :)

here's something I did for my kids for each city we visited: secret agent game. I got the idea from a prior DCL--don't know if they still do it.
DOSSIER FILE # 7

Agent Name: _________
Country Name: Denmark
City Name: Copenhagen
Brief History: Like St Petersburg, Copenhagen is a royal city. The current queen – Queen Margrethe II - lives in Amalienborg Slot (Amalia’s Castle). Rosenborg Slot is another royal palace with grand ballrooms and reception halls that look like Cinderella’s castle.Hans Christian Andersen wrote many fairy tales. He wrote "The Steadfast Tin Soldier", "The Snow Queen", "The Little Mermaid", "Thumbelina", "The Little Match Girl", "The Ugly Duckling" and "The Red Shoes". He lived in Copenhagen and was much loved by the childern.Tivoli Gardens is the second oldest amusement park in the world. It has more than rides though with a Chinese pagoda and flower gardens.
Look For: Queen Margrethe II – sometimes she likes to tour her city and shake hands! Pantomime show at Tivoli Gardens. Swans in city lakes.
Your Assignment:
1. Ride the train from the Airport to the city—name your secret agent pass card.
2. Visit Tivoli Gardens and watch the Himmelskibet (The Sky Flyer) - the world's tallest carousel.
3. Visit Rosenborg Palace and find portraits of the royalty and their Crown Jewels.4. Eat in a smorrebrod sandwich (perhaps at Ida Davidsen or Told & Snaps).
Favorite Place:___________________
Favorite Activity:_________________
Favorite Food:___________________
Favorite Dessert/candy:__________

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter