Disney Magic June 29 - July 6, 2016

ASchwa

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am making this thread to start planning this cruise that starts and ends in Copenhagen, Denmark and makes stops in Norwegian Fjords.

I hope we will have an FE and other meets as we do have two sea days. Hope to meet some of you.

Here is more information about the FE for our cruise.

If you have less than 10 posts, you cannot PM. Go to the Test Board and make enough posts to reach 10:
http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Then go here to PM CruisingGoddess:
http://www.disboards.com/conversations/add

Amy

Last edited:
We will be on this cruise (in 2016) with 2 teens, DD and DS. DH has always wanted to do the Norwegian fjords. Looking forward to meeting everyone on board. We have sailed out of Copenhagen before on a Baltic cruise. We liked Tivoli and Rosenburg Castle a lot. Elaine and Ken from Washington, DC.

Last edited:

3 of the 4-boons (Bill, Laura, and Katie) are tentatively booked on the June 29, 2016 Norwegian Fjord Cruise. With DD#1 (Laura Layne) graduating from Minnesota State Mankato this May and DD#2 (Katie) still in college at the University of Oklahoma we can never say with 100% confidence what we will be doing on any given date, but this looks like it just may work out. We think (not yet accepted) that Katie will be spending the first four weeks of the summer 2016 in Vichy, France studying marketing and management. When class is over, DW and I can fly over and meet her in Paris for a week and then the three of us can fly to Copenhagen to board the Magic. Now if we can get all our ducks in a row.

Hi all. I hope to see you all on this cruise. I figure since it is over a year before this cruise gets started we can start by just looking over the information that worked for the cruisers who are doing the fjords this year. I hope we can have a good time on this cruise.

Amy

We are very excited for this cruise. We are also doing it back to back with the 7-day Northern Europe. DH, DS-13, DD-13 and myself will be on this grand vacation.

We are very excited for this cruise. We are also doing it back to back with the 7-day Northern Europe. DH, DS-13, DD-13 and myself will be on this grand vacation.

Welcome! I am excited also. I saw on the Huffington Post by someone calling himself Adventurebydaddy.com that he is taking the same cruise itinerary as us, seven night Norwegian fjords. Just to get ideas of what to do.

Amy

Hi all! We booked as soon as the itinerary was released, but the thread hadn't started yet, & I just got around to seeking it out again. My husband & I will be sailing as long as nothing unforeseeable happens. We're heading to Aulani for the first time this September so we have to start saving for this trip as soon as we get back! We're from Northern Illinois and are gold Castaway Club members - working hard to get to platinum! :) Looking forward to meeting everyone & enjoying Norway together!

Hi all! We booked as soon as the itinerary was released, but the thread hadn't started yet, & I just got around to seeking it out again. My husband & I will be sailing as long as nothing unforeseeable happens. We're heading to Aulani for the first time this September so we have to start saving for this trip as soon as we get back! We're from Northern Illinois and are gold Castaway Club members - working hard to get to platinum! :) Looking forward to meeting everyone & enjoying Norway together!

Welcome! I hope to meet you and everyone. I am from Long Island, New York. I watched as the Magic came into the city and when it left. I emailed my sister and said that the ship I was going on next year is in the city and she said cool. Anyway, from one Amy to another, hope I do meet you and your husband.

Amy

Hi everyone! I just booked my family (self, DH, DS-8 and DD-6) for this cruise. We are super excited!

Hi Everyone! I will be on this cruise with my family (self, DH, DD - 10, and DD - 8). This will be our third Disney cruise. We are from Maryland, right between Baltimore and DC. Amy - thanks for sharing the info about Adventurebydaddy.com. I can't wait to read his trip report along with any others that are posted on the DISboard. I got such great information for our Med cruise last year from other people's trip reports. Is anyone planning on particpating in a FE? We did it last cruise and had a fantastic experience (thankfully, our group stayed small - only 8 cabins).

Hi Everyone! I will be on this cruise with my family (self, DH, DD - 10, and DD - 8). This will be our third Disney cruise. We are from Maryland, right between Baltimore and DC. Amy - thanks for sharing the info about Adventurebydaddy.com. I can't wait to read his trip report along with any others that are posted on the DISboard. I got such great information for our Med cruise last year from other people's trip reports. Is anyone planning on particpating in a FE? We did it last cruise and had a fantastic experience (thankfully, our group stayed small - only 8 cabins).

Welcome! I would like to participate in an FE. Just to let people know, I am traveling solo on this cruise. I also like the fact that people share what worked for them and didn't work. Well, we have over a year to plan so I hope things will come together.

We would like to also do a FE. For trip planning, one suggestion that I have it to consider flying into/out of a different city in Europe. It's very easy to hop a low cost flight to CPH from many places. On our Baltic cruise, we did Italy on our own for a week, then flew SAS to CPH for the cruise, then returned via London. I thought that would be probably the only Grand Trip for the kids, so I wanted them to see it all--well, here we are back again! LOL! Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard. Elaine, Ken (DD14, DS14).

We would like to also do a FE. For trip planning, one suggestion that I have it to consider flying into/out of a different city in Europe. It's very easy to hop a low cost flight to CPH from many places. On our Baltic cruise, we did Italy on our own for a week, then flew SAS to CPH for the cruise, then returned via London. I thought that would be probably the only Grand Trip for the kids, so I wanted them to see it all--well, here we are back again! LOL! Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard. Elaine, Ken (DD14, DS14).

Welcome! I did going to one city in Europe and flying to another. In 2010 I flew to Paris and then took Easy Jet to Kraków. I was ending my trip in Paris and so that was why I did that. I have a few plans to consider so flying into Copenhagen might be my best choice. I won't know if I can do something until November of this year, but if it comes through I would have to be in Denmark almost 2 weeks before the cruise. Anyway, it seems we have 3 cabins for the FE.

Amy

Hello all! We are booked on this cruise and the one after for a b2b! Right now, it will definitely be myself and dear mom, and hopefully dear sis and friend if schedules allow! This will be our 6th Disney cruise, and we are happy to be back on the Magic after having been on the Fantasy and Wonder. Oh, and so freaking excited to be back in Europe! I was lucky enough to get to spend an entire summer in Europe for a school program and then did the Mediterranean on the Magic back in 2007.

I am debating where to fly into and out of as well, as some direct routes are cheaper. When we did the med, we flew into Zurich and then took the train down to Barcelona. It was gorgeous! Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Hello all! We are booked on this cruise and the one after for a b2b! Right now, it will definitely be myself and dear mom, and hopefully dear sis and friend if schedules allow! This will be our 6th Disney cruise, and we are happy to be back on the Magic after having been on the Fantasy and Wonder. Oh, and so freaking excited to be back in Europe! I was lucky enough to get to spend an entire summer in Europe for a school program and then did the Mediterranean on the Magic back in 2007.

I am debating where to fly into and out of as well, as some direct routes are cheaper. When we did the med, we flew into Zurich and then took the train down to Barcelona. It was gorgeous! Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Welcome! I am looking forward to meeting everyone here also. I am researching flights and sights to see. It is kind of hard to know what to do. Well, it will get done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter