Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

Anyone that booked a IGT/OGT/VGT room get an assignment yet?

The anticipation is painful! I thought a room was usually assigned about 2 weeks out, but I have heard nothing.

Will we get an e-mail, or should I just keep checking my Disney Cruise account?

Hello! We booked a VGT for this cruise and were assigned today! Deck 6 category 5B. Maybe you'll hear today too!:goodvibes

Since we are making list, here is mine for photos. I plan to take a couple thousand and scrapbook it to death:

Ship
Characters*
Towel animals
Port Galveston
Stateroom
DCL Magic
Shutters
Port holes
Shopping
Title page
Onboard activities
Pirate night
Beach Blanket Buffet/Topsiders
Crew members
Stage shows
Walt Disney Theater
Pools
Fireworks
Good byes
Detective Agency
Atrium
Animator’s Palate
Cabanas
Food
Parrot Cay
Formal
Semi-formal
Lumiere’s
Character Dining
Palo (brunch)

Castaway Cay
Castaway Cay general
Mount Rustmore
Serenity Beach

Key West
Key West Aquarium
Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
Key West Shipwreck Treasures Museum
Southernmost Point in the Continental US
Harry S. Truman's Little White House
St. Mary's Star of the Sea Grotto
Ernest Hemingway House Museum

WDW
Animal Kingdom
It's Tough to be a Bug
Tree of Life
Discovery Island
Jungle Treks
Main Entrance
Bird Trails in the Oasis
Oasis Character Greetings
Pizzafari
Rope Drop / Closing Ceremony
Epcot
Mexico
United States
Norway
Japan
China
Morocco
Germany
France
United Kingdom
Canada
Italy
Flower & Garden Festival

I doubt I'll get anywhere near all this but it's a goal. Any additions from other cruise vets?

Jim

It is! Someone ( I can't remember who it was now) listed a number you can call to find out the listing of movies. I haven't called myself but that person confirmed Iron Man 3 would be showing. Wish I remembered who it was so I could give cred!

It was me :) thanks for the credit!!! :)

We JUST booked this cruise on Saturday!
Of course we missed all the sign ups, but are excited to go anyway.

The military fare just can't be beat- we saved $$$....:thumbsup2

We're a bit disappointed that we couldn't book the illuminations event, evidently they only have room for 1 person and we're a party of 2. Oh well...

Did you do magnets/t-shirts/lanyards/pins? Just wondering if anyone will be wearing anything that we might get to recognise.

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Will they be having a "spread" after the Fireworks? Last year on the 5-day Bahamian cruise on the Magic we had an incredible desert buffet after the show and fireworks. In Feb on a 3-day Bahamian cruise on the Dream nada.

Jim

There's a pirate night buffet in Topsiders that starts around 10:30 pm. It has turkey legs, Mexican items (taco makings) and a variety of desserts. Kind of heavy stuff for late night but we enjoy it!

Question--is there anything in cruise documents that is a must have, besides luggage tags? Seems Disney isn't perfect, they mailed my documents to my TA's parent company and they discarded them. My TA specifically noted to mail documents to me. Of course Disney doesn't want to recend them because they say they were mailed. Know I can get luggage tags at the port just wondered if Disney's documents are like all the other cruise lines and not needed. I have the boarding paperwork that I printed from web site.

We normally wouldn't take a Disney Cruise, especially by ourselves without grandkids, but couldn't resist the itinerary and great military discount. DH is AF retired 06.

Just back Thurs from Panama Canal cruise, had excursion with several families on Disney Magic in Grand Cayman. They all were raving about their cruise, food & service and assured us the adults only areas weren't crowded...lol.

Can't believe the TA tossed your booklet! There is nothing in it that you really need. Like you said, you can get luggage tags at the port. As long as you've printed out the boarding paperwork, which you said you had, you should be good to go!

Hello! We booked a VGT for this cruise and were assigned today! Deck 6 category 5B. Maybe you'll hear today too!:goodvibes

Thanks for the good vibes. We too received a category 5B, but on deck 7. Last time we were on Deck 6 and loved it.

It feels real now, can't wait. We bought a big poster-board at Kroger and created a countdown calendar for the kids. They get to make a big 'X' each night before bed on the date, and they are getting so excited.

We hit the Disney Outlets and stocked up on new shirts and pjs for the entire family. there is an Outlet in route from Houston to Galveston, so I imagine there are plenty of cruisers that shop here.

Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful replies sounds like Houston and Galveston have a lot to offer as long as we are willing to drive!

That's so unfortunate that our hotel doesn't have the wow factor :(... if only we had discovered this board before we booked!
We will do our best to check out other hotels... thanks so much foe the heads up!! :)

Only a few days left now! Amazing how time flies!!! I have a feeling it's going to be an amazing cruise ... you all are so friendly and helpful!!! :)

You might see if you can transfer your reservations to The Woodlands Waterway Marriott a great hotel in The Woodlands with shops, mall and plenty to do. About 20 minutes from IAH.

We're a bit disappointed that we couldn't book the illuminations

event, evidently they only have room for 1 person and we're a party of 2. Oh well...

Did you do magnets/t-shirts/lanyards/pins? Just

wondering if anyone will be wearing anything that we might get to recognise.

Hi flower

If I remember correctly did I meet you and your dh on the wbta 2011?
I'm sure I remember chatting to you both on deck 4 ?

Yes you did!
I'm so jealous- We'll be getting off of the Magic when you're getting on! Or are you doing a B2B?

One of our friends (Disney CM) will be making the trip across with you. He's been requested to 'work' the cruise (photographer).

Are you doing this one as well? It's great to 'see' you!:thumbsup2

We're a bit disappointed that we couldn't book the illuminations event, evidently they only have room for 1 person and we're a party of 2. Oh well...

Did you do magnets/t-shirts/lanyards/pins? Just wondering if anyone will be wearing anything that we might get to recognise.

Check once you board at excursion desk sometimes they have more to book onboard

We will (although we're not holding our breath).

I'm sure it's really popular. Thanks!

I decided to be geek this week & follow the magic along where there were cruise cams. They were at Castway Cay yesterday and Port Canveral today - we will be there in 2 weeks! :)! Looks a little overcast this morning...may get some t-storms there today.

http://www.portcanaveralcruisecam.com/

Yes you did!
I'm so jealous- We'll be getting off of the Magic when you're getting on! Or are you doing a B2B?

One of our friends (Disney CM) will be making the trip across with you. He's been requested to 'work' the cruise (photographer).

Are you doing this one as well? It's great to 'see' you!:thumbsup2

I'm doin this one with my Older dd Beth, then my dh and Ellie who is now 2 will be joining us on the ebta. 22 nights on the magic
for me!!

Look forward to saying hello again

Can I hide in your luggage??
What a fantastic vacation! I hope to see you onboard...

Hi *Flower*, I thought I recognized your photo and name from the California cruise. Welcome aboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter