Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by kdgeek, May 15, 2012.

1. GArriola

GArriola Mouseketeer

I got something like that several weeks ago except mine doesn't say Castaway Club on it. Is that different?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GArriola

GArriola Mouseketeer

Or maybe mine is different because this is our first Disney cruise.

4. LoveMM

LoveMM Earning My Ears

You're right Gail! You'll be a Silver Castaway Club member after your first cruise. Each family member will have their own Castaway Cay number.

5. wajones2

wajones2 Mouseketeer

The Magic is docking in Galveston this morning & leaving later today on our same itinerary . In fact we were originally on this sailing, but switched so we could celebrate DD's b-day on board.

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

6. Kilted Candyman

Kilted Candyman Mouseketeer

Two more and we get Gold :goodvibes

Now that we have the final count for the FE I have a question, are we meeting before the lifeboat drill to give updates on cabins? Some are still TBD and with a list this size I wouldn't be surprised if some people get changes from things like upgrades and such. Or will we have a specific cabin to leave changes at? Like having a dry erase to mark cabin changes for all to check?

Amy will be ordering our stuff today. Due to the nature of her business we are able to get enough for all cabins (we are doing a cabin based vs stuff for each person) well within the budget. Actually doing all is cheaper than just our list due to volume discounts :D

Wow, a lot of AF heading out. Got this poor squid outnumbered :worried:

Jim

7. SapphireMind

SapphireMind Mouseketeer

Zandersmom is going to have a whiteboard on her room and she's pretty literally in all ways in the middle of the group. If you have a stateroom update you need to make, you need to put it on the whiteboard by dinner (is that fair?) on embarkation day? Just so people know where to deliver things.

8. SapphireMind

SapphireMind Mouseketeer

just FYI, I locked the editing of the late entry FE, since you guys were closing it. If you need to change a room or something, PM me or email me.

9. Kilted Candyman

Kilted Candyman Mouseketeer

Thanks for everyone's efforts on the FE. I hosted one on our last cruise for a much smaller number and it was quite a bit of effort.

Jim

10. OhioInlanders

OhioInlanders Earning My Ears

SO funny!

Looks like the three FE groups ended up being roughly equal sizes which is pretty cool, too!

11. GArriola

GArriola Mouseketeer

I know they will probably show Iron Man 3 on board but does anyone know if they'll show Monsters University? Or is that too soon and wishful thinking? :happytv:

12. esquirepd

esquirepd Earning My Ears

Watching and waiting to see the Magic leave for todays cruise! It's docked...waiting...waiting...

Can't wait!!!:wave2:

13. classykids

classykids Earning My Ears

We are new to DCL and new to DIS boards. Wonderful place for getting tips and information. We are very excited. It will be my DH, DD-5, and myself. Not doing FE although it sounds fun. We are trying to decide how best to park our car.( Please don't say "Not Running!" )Any ideas? Someone used BOI, anyone else use them or the port parking in Galveston?

14. classykids

15. classykids

Me too!:)

16. classykids

Guess I missed it while I was trying to figure out Dis board posting. Oh well, will experience it firsthand soon!:wave:

17. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

we loved BOI and are using them again. (used in March) very easy and right at corner across from Terminal!

18. KSLATL

KSLATL Earning My Ears

Wow, a lot of AF heading out. Got this poor squid outnumbered :worried:

Jim[/QUOTE]

You will have my husband...the Marine! :)

19. beaglefan

beaglefan TX Cruiser

Anyone that booked a IGT/OGT/VGT room get an assignment yet?

The anticipation is painful! I thought a room was usually assigned about 2 weeks out, but I have heard nothing.

Will we get an e-mail, or should I just keep checking my Disney Cruise account?

20. classykids

Hi! We are waiting too. The response from the Disney CM I asked was it would show up on my reservation page ... usually anywhere from 2 weeks out up to the sail date. I am really hoping it will not be the day we sail that I find out. I've heard Mondays were good for assignments so maybe this Monday after Disney has the weekend to book more cabins. Would be interested in hearing when you receive your assignment. :)

21. GArriola

GArriola Mouseketeer

I hadn't heard about BOI until now. Just looked it up and I like the idea of covered parking although DH is very particular about letting others drive our car. We were initially thinking of using ezcruiseparking at the recommendation of a friend. Anyone else have experience with them?