Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

We're in the B group for FE and signed up for kids only...I thought it was pretty obvious that meant we really didn't need anything for the adults, but would really appreciate gifts for our two girls. After reading some threads about FEs, I realized it might be taken as we are only GIVING gifts to kids. Just want to clarify that is not the case.

I'm sure it's not an issue, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Same here, we are gifting to all as well. I'm on the late entry FE list and originally it seemed like a good idea to just do the gift exchange between kids with the shorter time frame but not everyone has kids. So to be safe, we're just gifting everyone but am absolutely okay if only our DD gets gifts!

We're in the B group for FE and signed up for kids only...I thought it was pretty obvious that meant we really didn't need anything for the adults, but would really appreciate gifts for our two girls. After reading some threads about FEs, I realized it might be taken as we are only GIVING gifts to kids. Just want to clarify that is not the case.

I'm sure it's not an issue, but just wanted to throw that out there.

We are also signed up as FE kids only. I meant it as that I only wanted my children to receive goodies. We are a large family and I didn't want to overwhelm everyone. I will also be giving to everyone, adults and kids alike. So excited!

My husband is a medically retired E5 from Army and Army Guard. He was rated 100% so we get access to a lot of the military stuff still :)

Which reminds me - I have to get my ID renewed with DEERs before the cruise!

Looks like there are quite a few military coming along. Who are we all?

I'm a Navy Reservist, an E6 (ET1) with 18.

I see one person is retired/retiring and another celebrating getting home.

Jim

My husband is currently in the Washington Air National Guard formerly in the Air Force. The miliary rate is hard to beat :0)

Looks like there are quite a few military coming along. Who are we all?

I'm a Navy Reservist, an E6 (ET1) with 18.

I see one person is retired/retiring and another celebrating getting home.

Jim

DH is active AF soon to be E-6. I spent 2 enlistments in AF. We really appreciate the great discounts Disney has offered military members. The best part is that there will be no way to contact us on ship, so nobody can call DH in to take care of someone elses mistake. We have him all to ourselves. :D:yay::yay:

Hi all! I have been procrastinating/dreaming about our cruise and forgot to join the board until now. This is our first Disney cruise and our son (who is 4.5) is super excited to go on "Mickey's Big Boat"! We took advantage of the amazing Military Discount - it was a bad day (furlough information) so I logged on to find this amazing deal, so we booked it! We are coming from San Antonio and also have friends sailing on the same cruise. I am completely lost on some of the terminology since the last cruise I went on was an awful Carnival cruise years ago. What is FE and is it too late to join up? I look forward to meeting you all and making some new friends!

Hi all! I have been procrastinating/dreaming about our cruise and forgot to join the board until now. This is our first Disney cruise and our son (who is 4.5) is super excited to go on "Mickey's Big Boat"! We took advantage of the amazing Military Discount - it was a bad day (furlough information) so I logged on to find this amazing deal, so we booked it! We are coming from San Antonio and also have friends sailing on the same cruise. I am completely lost on some of the terminology since the last cruise I went on was an awful Carnival cruise years ago. What is FE and is it too late to join up? I look forward to meeting you all and making some new friends!

Welcome!! Today is the last day I believe to join the FE group. I apparently cannot post the link as I have not posted enough stuff on here but hopefully someone will send it really quickly or go back a few pages to find it! Found it on page 42 under GArriola post (the link).

You will want to sign up under late entries. FE stands for Fish Extender group and you hang a mailbox from your fish outside the door and it gets filled with neat little presents (some homemade some bought) from the people in your group. This is my second cruise but first time I heard of FE too! I think it sounds exciting!

IMG_0791_zps550cb554.jpg

Looks like they are shipping stuff out
banana-with-kilt-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jim

IMG_0791_zps550cb554.jpg

Looks like they are shipping stuff out
banana-with-kilt-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jim

We received ours last month exactly one week after booking our cruise. I was surprised to see it arrive that fast! This little booklet with the luggage tags makes the cruise seem real! :)

is heavy into the Military. Son in law missed the last cruise because he was deployed to the Horn of Africa. He will be joining us on this cruise. I spent 13 years in the AF, my husband spent 6 years in the AF and my sister was in the AF. My husband and I are currenty in the Texas State Guard

I am on the original FE list. Now that I have time to catch up on the Dis I see there are groups. Can someone explain to me what is up. Thanks

Just want to put a last call out there for the late entry FE group. We close the group after today. :thumbsup2

I am on the original FE list. Now that I have time to catch up on the Dis I see there are groups. Can someone explain to me what is up. Thanks

I'm not 100% sure as to what List A and List B are.. I assume because the list got so big it was split into two? But I know the Late Entry list is for those that still wanted to do FE but joined after the April 1 close date for the original FE group.

You just made it! This is out first Disney cruise too. :)

It was decided to split the group into two when the number of cabins that wanted to participate started getting large. Some people opted to participate with just one group to keep the # of gifts at a manageable level, and some opted to join both groups. A 3rd group was created for the "latecomers" who wanted to join in on the FE after the original group closed to new sign ups in early April.

is still a smaller group (when all are together)then the group we ended up with on the inaugural cruise out of Galveston :) Thanks for the update.

I hope I am doing this right.... I was just on Pintrest and found this fun website! My parents, husband, son and I will all be sailing on this cruise with ya'll. I was just reading about the 'fish extenders', are there people participating in that on this cruise?

I hope I am doing this right.... I was just on Pintrest and found this fun website! My parents, husband, son and I will all be sailing on this cruise with ya'll. I was just reading about the 'fish extenders', are there people participating in that on this cruise?

Yes and today is the last day to sign up! I have not posted enough to send you the direct link but go back to page 42 on this thread and GArriola posted the link to the FE group. Make sure you do it tonight as that is supposed to be the deadline for late entries! Sounds like a fun thing to do :)

Okay lets see if this works. FE link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApfbnwesRXa7dFdiWFByajN1X2xiLTFPU0s5NV81Znc#gid=3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter