Disney gift cards (and $10 bonus) at Sams question...

Wow, I had no idea there were other Lake Elmo parents on the Disboards!

My daughter is going into 6th grade and my son is going into 4th grade. :)

Mine are going into 2nd and K in the fall... Should be a interesting year, new principal and all...

Does anyone remember when these came out in 2010? Our store (Green Bay, WI) was out of them when I tried for our Jan 2011 trip and stated they would not get any back in until the holiday gift cards for 2011 appeared. We are going in Oct and would love to get a few.

TIA

I just bought 20 of them at the Green Bay store yesterday, and they have at least that many left. They are by the gift cards in the electronic section. If you don't see them on the front of the display look on the sides/back.

So happy because I just used my $10 bonus cards and bought a Disney Dooney&Bourke purse!! Used the 20% discount and free shipping, so my "free" purse was even cheaper. FYI if you want to order from disneystore.com with multiple gift cards you do need to call your order in. Even using 18 giftcards it went pretty quick. You also need to give a cc# just incase.

Hey, I just wanted to mention, I used gift cards to pay for a girl scout trip earlier this summer. I paid for the resort, the tickets, and meals with gift cards, then used the stack of $10 bonus cards to buy matching mouse ears and other goodies for the girls online before the trip. Our Sam's Club didn't have nearly enough cards, but the manager ordered more for us and got them to us in just a few days.

We just booked a family vacation for later in the year, so I ordered gift cards, prepaid our vacation package with the gift cards online, and bought a Dooney and Bourke bag at the Disney Store online with the bonus money (with the extra 20% off, great minds work alike!). It's tough to get a discount, but I love a loophole! Get it while it lasts!

What a deal, I wish FD would come out for next Feb so we could book. I have about $500 in reward points but I could still do 12 of them and use the $120 to buy fluff online for Christmas.

I am tryng to understand how the $10 Disney Store Gift Cards can be used.

I know they can be used at regular Disney Stores and Disneystore.com.

Can they be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney?

How do you pay for your trip using these? Our final payment is due Tuesday and I would love to have some bonus Disney Store gift cards. I saw them at our Sam's yesterday, but didn't pay too much attention.

Thanks!

I am tryng to understand how the $10 Disney Store Gift Cards can be used.

I know they can be used at regular Disney Stores and Disneystore.com.

Can they be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney?

The $10 bonus cards are a "gift with purchase" for Sam's Club members to use at the Disney Store (stores or online), which is a different company than Disney World and WDW merchandise stores. Although, the online store has some WDW stuff like t-shirts, toys, mouse ears, etc.

The $100 gift cards (you buy for $98.87, enough of these add up) can be used everywhere on Disney property or online at the D-store. (I actually got youth group tickets from another sub-company which didn't accept the cards, but got around that by having the tickets sent to "Will-Call", which had no problem accepting the gift card.) I used these to pay for a vacation package online ("gift cards" are a payment option in the online reservation system, calling them in would work just as well). We also bought these for our meals in the park, the kids used them like a debit card, they just swipe them at restaurants (they can also swipe them at any register to give you a balance).

Not a bad idea for a payment option (they never expire, so you can keep the leftovers for another time). I did some extra checking before I used these for a scout trip, I was a little nervous about the kids carrying cards for their food and souvenir money. The cards are secure, keep the Sam's receipt with the card codes and they will replace the balance on a lost card onsite.

:wizard:

How do you pay for your trip using these? Our final payment is due Tuesday and I would love to have some bonus Disney Store gift cards. I saw them at our Sam's yesterday, but didn't pay too much attention.

Thanks!

I bought 12 and used them to pay off our trip. I did it online and it was easy. You can also call them and do it that way. They are $98.87 so you save .13 per card:) but you do get the bonus $10 per card.
The bonus cards can only be used at the Disney Store online (they do have park items).

Our Sam's had a ton of them the other day. Planning to go back with a strategy someone posted a while back.

1) Go to Walmart and buy Walmart gift cards with my Disney Visa (Sam's does not take Visa)
2) Go to Sam's & purchase Disney gift cards with Walmart gift cards.
3) Get reward dollars on Disney card purchase; get extra $$ b/c Disney gift cards are $98.87 for a $100 card; get Disney store gift cards to pre-buy t-shirts, etc.

The person that originally posted this strategy said she did have to get a manager involved at Sam's b/c the cashier didn't know how to do it, but it was worth it. I think she bought like $2k worth, so she got $20 reward dollars, $200 disney store, and $22.60 in savings on the gift cards. Not bad. Of course, this is only worth the extra reward $$ if your Walmart & Sam's are close together!! Don't want to waste gas for a few reward $$!

Our Sam's had a ton of them the other day. Planning to go back with a strategy someone posted a while back.

1) Go to Walmart and buy Walmart gift cards with my Disney Visa (Sam's does not take Visa)
3) Get reward dollars on Disney card purchase; get extra $$ b/c Disney gift cards are $98.87 for a $100 card; get Disney store gift cards to pre-buy t-shirts, etc.

The person that originally posted this strategy said she did have to get a manager involved at Sam's b/c the cashier didn't know how to do it, but it was worth it. I think she bought like $2k worth, so she got $20 reward dollars, $200 disney store, and $22.60 in savings on the gift cards. Not bad. Of course, this is only worth the extra reward $$ if your Walmart & Sam's are close together!! Don't want to waste gas for a few reward $$!

lol that is awesome. Triple dip!

Or you can use your Discover Card at Sam's and get Discover card rewards..... much easier for those of us who have Walmarts fairly far away and no manager needs to get involved.

Our next trip is November, we just decided, so I will be picking up a few of these.

Dawn

We had to visit a few area Sam's Clubs to get as many as we needed, but we did manage to buy enough to pay off our whole package. I used the gift cards on-line to pay off our package and it worked really well! We are using the bonus Disney Store cards to buy things for our trip like pins, autograph books, t-shirts, etc. It's nice to be able to buy a lot of that stuff before we go (and for free!!!). I'm so thankful for these boards, or I never would have known about this!!

Steph

Or you can use your Discover Card at Sam's and get Discover card rewards..... much easier for those of us who have Walmarts fairly far away and no manager needs to get involved.

Our next trip is November, we just decided, so I will be picking up a few of these.

Dawn

I am not sure how many different types of discover cards there are, but i found out the the hard way that no matter how much you have spent so far in your year, warehouse purchases don't earn more than .25% on the card I have. So even though I had spent enough this year to earn 1% on everything I buy, I only got .25% ($12 instead of the $48 i was expecting on a $4800 Sam's purchase). And anything you spend at a warehouse store does not count toward you overall spending for the year to get to you whatever level you need to be out to get the 1% all the time if you aren't already there. hope that makes sense.

I would love to buy some of these but not sure our sams has them. Its about 30 mins away so dont want to waste gas to just go and look. Does anyone have the product code for sku number from the gift card pack so I can call our sams and ask if they have any? I wasnt sure they would know what I was talking about if i just ask for the disney gift card packs.... any suggestions on how to ask about them?

I've called a few Sam's Clubs close to me and haven't had any luck. Anyone else on the DisBoards from AZ who has had success tracking these down? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter