Disney gift cards (and $10 bonus) at Sams question...

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by disney*mom*82, Jun 24, 2011.

1. disney*mom*82

disney*mom*82 DIS Veteran

I asked this on another thread and hasnt had a response yet, so forgive me if you are seeing this twice.

Our trip is comming up and we decided we were going to see about getting the deal at Sams for the GCs to pay off balance and have some spending money too. (If you are not familiar with the deal, Ive heard it is buy a $100 giftcard get a $10 one free) We figured since we will get about $2000 in gift cards, the added bonus of $200 would be great and the best deal/discount we could get. (Im aware of some gas deal and not interested)
    I called the 3 Sams closest to me and 2 said they didnt sell Disney gift cards and 1 said they had them but didnt have or know of any deal to get the $10 extra with $100 card.
    How do I know what stores have it? Are the stores even aware? Im doing some traveling between now and WDW not to mention driving to WDW, so happy to stop along the way, I just dont want to waste time, I rather call and know they have it. Does anyone know what to ask them when calling? Are these special or specific cards?

Im from central IL and will be traveling to Branson next week, then off to Seiverville TN then to WDW, so lots of driving and possible Sams clubs in my path. If you know of any in those areas that have been doing this deal, let me know which ones too please. Thanks for any help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Firefly09

Firefly09 going through Disney withdrawals

Did you see a recent promotion for the Disney giftcard at Sam's club?? I know there was one during Christmas time where it came with a $10 GC for the Disney Store but I haven't seen or heard of any offers recently.

4. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

You can't use the Bonus cards at Disney, only the Disney Store.
    I would call all the Sam's and ask if the $100 gift cards includes the $10 bonus card, the ones we got said bonus card included on the top of the package. I think some of the Sam's only had them at Christmas, ours still have tons left (we're in Ohio).

5. disney*mom*82

I know this was a Christmas promo, Ive just heard a lot of people on here, even recently still getting the cards. Im sure we could spend $200 at Disney stores on trips to branson and seiverville, no problem. Thanks for the info so far, Ill call and see if they have the ones that state on the top that the come with a bonus card. Do you know if they are in an actual package? Is it decorated like Christmas?

Thanks!

6. Sandy321

Sandy321 <font color=darkorchid>Crazy enough to want to do

Our Sam's had them - I bought 2, not sure if I can spend much more than $50 at the Disney Store!

[​IMG]

eta -
    I'm from IL - near Great America

7. LisaY

LisaY Earning My Ears

There are 2 Sam's Clubs in Springfield, Missouri, and I know the one on Sunshine Street has had them because I've bought some there for our next trip. They had them last week when I was there, but not 100% sure they would have them when you need them. The drive from Branson is easy and pretty short (30 minutes or so depending on where you're at).

8. LisaY

LisaY Earning My Ears

Forgot to add that the cards cost $98.87 instead of $100!!! :)

9. MissManda

MissManda DIS Veteran

Could you use the $10 Disney Store gift card to buy a Disney World gift card?

I've actually been wondering this for a while, as I received a Disney Store gift card as a birthday gift instead of a Disney World gift card. I'm saving for trip next summer and had requested Disney World gift cards to use towards the trip. The person who gave me the Disney Store gift card didn't realize they had purchased the wrong one and I didn't want to hurt their feelings by saying anything. If I could use it to purchase the one that I need, that would be great. Wasn't sure if it was possible or not.

10. jenedpey

jenedpey Mouseketeer

Cards do get restocked, because we purchase all that Peoria had, and even asked if they had any in back, but they looked it up and didn't have any more. A couple months later, they had some more. As of 2 weeks ago, Peoria had some, Bloomington and Champaign were bought out. I don't think asking via phone tells you anything unless you ask about the specific sku # which I believe is 712598.

11. tkitty

tkitty DIS Veteran

I just picked this one up today in So Cal! $98.87 out the door. :)

12. tkitty

tkitty DIS Veteran

UPC# on mine is 799366 72458

13. Sandy321

Sandy321 <font color=darkorchid>Crazy enough to want to do

That would be brilliant if it works - - so I'm guessing it doesnt!

14. bpesch

bpesch DIS Veteran

The deal our Sam's has is a Christmas motif card so it's apparently let over from the holidays. But they have bunches of them and still had them just last week. The card is $98 and change for a $100 GC with a $10 bonus Disney Store card. The bonus card can only be used at a Disney Store.

15. disney*mom*82

Thank you all for the wonderful help. Any help with a Sams one day pass? lol. Anyone know if teachers still get free Sams membership? Our BFFs are Sams members and if a store close by has them Im sure they would help out.

Thanks again!

16. disney*mom*82

17. disney*mom*82

:cool1: With you help with the pictures and SKU numbers I called two of the same stores and the one closest to me said they have them and made sure there are enough left and said they have TONS left! Its only an hour drive, Im super excited! :banana:

18. MIannie

MIannie Mouseketeer

Evidently not all Sam's clubs operate the same way. I had posted last Dec. about this great deal. I bought three of the special packages, gave the grandkids the Disney Store cards in their stockings, and kept the gift cards for our trip in Feb. I decided to buy a couple just before our trip, but our Sam's didn't have any. Manager stated that it was a Christmas special, and their leftovers were sent back. To who, I don't know. I just hope they appear this year, love prepaying for food and sovenirs.:cool1:

19. Purrrrfecta

Purrrrfecta <font color=blue>A little cat named Lorelei. She i

I have a question to ask you. Did you notice the one day pass has a surcharge? That would mean you would pay nearly $110.00 for every $100 you purchase. You would be better off just buying a full membership.

20. Madhatter family

Madhatter family 4 kids and insanity abounds

Yeah, no idea where you are (central IL covers a lot of territory) but have seen these in both the Peoria and Bloomington-Normal Sam's club...

21. WhitGB

WhitGB DIS Veteran

Does anyone remember when these came out in 2010? Our store (Green Bay, WI) was out of them when I tried for our Jan 2011 trip and stated they would not get any back in until the holiday gift cards for 2011 appeared. We are going in Oct and would love to get a few.

TIA