Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... I found it. I still don't have a definite answer, but it looks like I did get the rewards for the GC. My last trip I bought a $50 GC (I thought I bought a $25 GC and thought it seemed like I spent a lot. LOL) for $47.99. I spent a total of $86.76 before tax (I'm pretty sure you don't get rewards on tax). 2% of that would be $1.74. The receipt said that as of that date I had earned $16 (rounded to the nearest dollar). When I went online it says to date I've earned $17.75. Without the GC I spent $38.77. 2% of that would be $.78. The most I could have earned for them to round down to $16 would be $16.49 (that's an assumption, but I think it's a pretty safe one) and if you add $.78 to that, I would only have $17.27

OK... It turns out I was wrong. On the receipt they don't round to the nearest dollar. I had $17.75 in rewards after my last visit, but when I went yesterday my receipt said I had $17 in rewards. I spent $71.84 before tax, including a $25 GC for $23.99 and today I had $18.71 in rewards, which is exactly what it would be if I didn't get the rewards for the GC.

:love::love:I just wanted to tell you all thank you very much! I used my RX 5% card last night at two different Targets to get my discount on the gift cards. One had $50 cards and the other one had $25 cards. I bought a ton at each and neither cashier batted an eye. It took a long time to check out, but they were both so patient. Once I was done, they asked why I was doing it and I told them why and they were so excited for me. We started entering the cards last night to pay for vacation and it was so much fun seeing the balance go down a little at a time. I felt so good after buying the gift cards and my husband was so excited too.

Thank you everyone!!!!!! I would have never known about this if it weren't for you.

FYI: I received this in mail: http://savinggreeninthebay.com/new-target-coupon-mailer-for-red-card-holders/ and was able to use the 5% coupon and my 5% redcard discount on Disney cards. I bougth $1,000 in gift cards for $902.50. No issues at all!

I also had a $5 of $50 target coupon that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I was able to apply that to a $50 disney card.

When did you get the coupons? I would love to get a deal like this! I just bought my Disney cards last night though. It would be kind of funny if I got the coupon! (funny and sad...) Although, I could use a few more GC for tips on our free dining, I think you can put tips on the GC, right?

When did you get the coupons? I would love to get a deal like this! I just bought my Disney cards last night though. It would be kind of funny if I got the coupon! (funny and sad...) Although, I could use a few more GC for tips on our free dining, I think you can put tips on the GC, right?

I received the $5 coupon a week or two ago. I think it was inside a flyer about the prescription program. There were several other health related coupons.

I received the 5% coupon on Tuesday.

FYI: I received this in mail: http://savinggreeninthebay.com/new-target-coupon-mailer-for-red-card-holders/ and was able to use the 5% coupon and my 5% redcard discount on Disney cards. I bougth $1,000 in gift cards for $902.50. No issues at all!

I also had a $5 of $50 target coupon that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I was able to apply that to a $50 disney card.

I also got this about 2 weeks ago. Glad to hear it worked. I have to check my store for gift certificated and pick up $500 or so worth. This trip we are staying at the Swan but I will still use the gift cards for meals and a ticket upgrade I need to do. I have to buy $1200 dollars worth of tickets too but I think it may make more sense to get them from a 3rd party for a slightly discounted rate than getting them directly from Disney to use the gift cards. That would be over $1500 in gift cards. I would be nervous they would give me a hard time for that much.

That would be over $1500 in gift cards. I would be nervous they would give me a hard time for that much.

With target, you have to build up to that amount. There was a chart someone posted a while back about how many transactions bumps you up to what amount. For a while, I could only buy $300 in any transaction, it takes a while to build up. It's NOT linked to how much money you have in your account.

With target, you have to build up to that amount. There was a chart someone posted a while back about how many transactions bumps you up to what amount. For a while, I could only buy $300 in any transaction, it takes a while to build up. It's NOT linked to how much money you have in your account.

I assume you mean for the debit card? I have a credit card and the limit is over $1500 so I shouldn't have to go through that building up should I?

I'm Canadian and I get asked every time when we are OTR at Target to apply for a RedCard. Apparently plenty of Canadians get them, so I know I can get one, unlike many other US credit cards. I think I'm going to apply after reading a few of the posts here - sounds like I could really benefit from it. Just a couple of questions though: Were you able to use it right away, if you applied in store? Do you purchase the gift cards and then apply them to your resort package balance online and/or just use them for purchases while on holiday? How long following applying did you receive the additional coupons? I'm excited about this! TIA for your answers and insights!

I hope the HEB deal comes up soon.:cool1:

I was there about an hour ago and asked the night manager about it. She said what we all know ... that some sort of deal usually comes in December.

What's the HEB deal? I looked back and couldn't find any info about it.
Thanks!
Kerri

At a minimum, I'm hoping they bring back the 15% off Disney Gift Cards deal. That was live in May 2012 and again in July 2012. To hedge my bets, just in case this deal did not return, I bought $400 of Disney Gift Cards for $340.

But I really hope they bring back the December 2010 33.3% off Disney Gift Cards deal. I bought $1200 in Disney Gift Cards that week, in advance of my January 2011 WDW trip, and got $400 back. Turns out I would have used $1800, so I missed out on another free $200 due to a conservative estimate of my wife's, errr I mean my family's, spending. :)

My family and I are going to DLR in January 2013 (99 days!), so I am watching H-E-B like a hawk for any deal 15% or greater.

Also, they have had a 10% off Disney Gift Card deal.

Post if you see it! We don't have HEB's here but my best friends live in HEB Country.

disneydreamgirl said:
I'm Canadian and I get asked every time when we are OTR at Target to apply for a RedCard. Apparently plenty of Canadians get them, so I know I can get one, unlike many other US credit cards. I think I'm going to apply after reading a few of the posts here - sounds like I could really benefit from it. Just a couple of questions though: Were you able to use it right away, if you applied in store? Do you purchase the gift cards and then apply them to your resort package balance online and/or just use them for purchases while on holiday? How long following applying did you receive the additional coupons? I'm excited about this! TIA for your answers and insights!

If you are approved, you may use it right away. You could use the cards in either manner, there are people who do both. The coupon posted about was sent to existing Redcard/Pharmacy Rewards members. I don't think it is likely that they would do another mailing of the same coupon.

Okay, here's a question for the experts. If I have a gift card for the Disney Store, can I go in and buy a Disney gift card for the parks using the Disney Store gift card? Make sense?

flyingcat2003 said:
Okay, here's a question for the experts. If I have a gift card for the Disney Store, can I go in and buy a Disney gift card for the parks using the Disney Store gift card? Make sense?

It will state on the back of the gift card that you cannot purchase gift cards or Disney dollars with a gift card. :(

Buy $100 in any combination of gift cards and get a $25 coupon to use as soon as they give it to you. Buy another $100 in gc use the coupon and pay $75 for the those, this will produce another $25 coupon. You can continue to do this process (going in and out of line) until you have the amount you need.:teacher:

The thing about this deal is it is not advertised and the store employees no nothing about it. Someone will post here on the dis when it's on. I have managed to catch it 3 times, the last in July. Every time from a post here on the dis board.

Echo queen said:
Buy $100 in any combination of gift cards and get a $25 coupon to use as soon as they give it to you. Buy another $100 in gc use the coupon and pay $75 for the those, this will produce another $25 coupon. You can continue to do this process (going in and out of line) until you have the amount you need.:teacher:

The thing about this deal is it is not advertised and the store employees no nothing about it. Someone will post here on the dis when it's on. I have managed to catch it 3 times, the last in July. Every time from a post here on the dis board.

I posted the last HEB deal in July. It was $15 coupon on each $100. Every time I go to HEB I check as it's rarely advertised. I also keep checking the boards. I bought $3000 in DC in July ... Saved $450 need about $1000 more to pay for our Jan trip. I also bought some Amazon cards. Should have bought some iTunes as well.
If I find any deals I will be sure to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter