Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally bought mine tonight!! It was a long hassle, but long story short, I walked out with 76 gift cards, saved $190! Glad it's finally over:)

nefritz said:
Finally bought mine tonight!! It was a long hassle, but long story short, I walked out with 76 gift cards, saved $190! Glad it's finally over:)

Whoa! Did you have to do all $50's?

I bought 27 of them in one purchase on my first transaction with the card. I also had a $2000 limit, but I had no troubles buying them. My Target in Nebraska only had the $50 as well. It took 45 minutes on the phone with the CM to try to pay off my package with them but they all took. IMO it was worth it.

TinkerDisneyDreamer said:
Hi new here but I'm curious about how long do the Disney GCs purcharsed at Target are good for. Do they have an expiration date?

No expiration date.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Hi new here but I'm curious about how long do the Disney GCs purcharsed at Target are good for. Do they have an expiration date?

Only promotional gift cards are allowed to have expiration dates. For example, a restaurant offers buy a $20 gift card, get a $5 card free, then the $5 card could have an expiration date, but the $20 cannot. If the restaurant offered a 10% discount on the $20 card, the $18 you paid cannot expire, but the $2 promotional credit could.

Since the cards Target sells are not promotional cards, it's just target selling them at a discount, there can be no expiration date.

I know this is the case in California, but I believe this is now nation wide, with some states having even stricter laws about it. By the way, this now also applies to deal sites like Groupon, the amount you paid can never expire, only the promotional amount can.

cmwade77 said:
Only promotional gift cards are allowed to have expiration dates. For example, a restaurant offers buy a $20 gift card, get a $5 card free, then the $5 card could have an expiration date, but the $20 cannot. If the restaurant offered a 10% discount on the $20 card, the $18 you paid cannot expire, but the $2 promotional credit could.

Since the cards Target sells are not promotional cards, it's just target selling them at a discount, there can be no expiration date.

I know this is the case in California, but I believe this is now nation wide, with some states having even stricter laws about it. By the way, this now also applies to deal sites like Groupon, the amount you paid can never expire, only the promotional amount can.

Thanks for the info. This is great things to know. I'm trying to get my family on a budget and to be serious about for our May 2013 Disney trip and for our life in general so I'm trying to learn all I can about getting the most for our money!

It seems like some Targets have the GCs and others don't. We have two targets near us. I usually shop at the closer, smaller one. I couldn't find Disney GCs anywhere. Last night I was in the other one and found an endcap of GCs in Electronics, just like several people have described. I didn't see any Disney GCs, though. When I was done shopping and went to the checkout they were there. I only saw $50 GCs.

If you're not finding them in Target and you have a bigger Target nearby, you might want to try there.

I also got this about 2 weeks ago. Glad to hear it worked. I have to check my store for gift certificated and pick up $500 or so worth. This trip we are staying at the Swan but I will still use the gift cards for meals and a ticket upgrade I need to do. I have to buy $1200 dollars worth of tickets too but I think it may make more sense to get them from a 3rd party for a slightly discounted rate than getting them directly from Disney to use the gift cards. That would be over $1500 in gift cards. I would be nervous they would give me a hard time for that much.

Used my extra 5% promotional card at Target last week. Bought $700 worth of gift cards, (plus another $100 in other merchandise) wimped out on buying more. Went though no problems. Thanks everyone for letting me know about this!

Somebody gave me some pixiedust at Target today.

I was there buying some videos for my DGD's birthday, plus a couple of Groupon gift cards and a Disney gift card. Out of the blue, someone had an extra 5% off everything card and gave it to me.

Since it's pay day, I bought a couple of extra $50 gift cards. Including sale items, I spent a total of $220 for...$150 in Disney girft cards, $25 Groupon Gift Card, the Cinderella DVD/Blu Ray Diamond combo pack, the new Tinker Bell/Fairy DVD and the new Elf on the Shelf DVD.

So, I had a great day. And it wasn't even 9 AM yet.

I think it's been mentioned in this thread, but I couldn't find it, so forgive me for asking again. Can you use the promotional Target GCs (the ones they give you for buying so many of something) toward Disney GCs?

To only have the transaction be declined at the register. Anyone with experience buying several have any tips for how to get it to work?

It worked yesterday when I bought 10 at one time so I figured I would just try more...we're running out of time to get them in small increments so I wanted to get a crapload lol

Angela72181 said:
To only have the transaction be declined at the register. Anyone with experience buying several have any tips for how to get it to work?

It worked yesterday when I bought 10 at one time so I figured I would just try more...we're running out of time to get them in small increments so I wanted to get a crapload lol

There is no way a $3000 transaction is going to clear unless you regularly purchase that amount of merchandise. The system is set up to flag transactions that are outside your normal purchasing habits. And to have that high a total with only/mostly gift cards is a major red flag for a stolen card from both the store's "assets protection" team and from the credit card company. I know you said you're short on time but even buying a few cards each day would look less fraudulent (and more likely for each transaction to be approved) than buying that many at one time. I honestly wouldn't recommend much more than the 10 at a time you did before.

I got a $10 off a $75 Black Friday purchase coupon from Target for Red Card holders in the mail. Hoping it will work for Disney GC!

bigmochick said:
I got a $10 off a $75 Black Friday purchase coupon from Target for Red Card holders in the mail. Hoping it will work for Disney GC!

My DGF got the same thing and is planning to use it for Disney GC's. I keep waiting where's mine?

TotallyTarget had this one her blog for tomorrows ad:

FREE $10 Gift Card wyb (4) Entertainment Cards Shown*
*HuluPlus, Farmville 2, Applebee’s, Cracker Barrel & More $20

I wonder if the Disney cards will included? I've only seen $50 cards in my stores so they might not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter