Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucifie said:
I was in Target yesterday and I couldn't even find Disney GCs. I'd sign up for a Red Card if I could save 5% on GCs.

I found mine in the electronics department, see my post below. The peg hook was empty, but an employee stocked them for me, after I asked if they had any more!

I was in Target yesterday and I couldn't even find Disney GCs. I'd sign up for a Red Card if I could save 5% on GCs.

Our Target has the Disney cards in the back with electronics. There is a display of various gift cards (not the display with all the "gaming" gift cards by the video game area -- this one was closer to the DVD/Blu-Ray/CD area). They used to have them right up front at the registers but moved them over the summer.

Wow! I can always count DIS people to sniff out a good deal! You guys are the best. :thumbsup2

I was going to use Disney cards to kick back 2% toward my kid's school tuition (we're a member of Great Lakes Scrip), but this is obviously better. And I already have a Red Card. So I'll be scanning those aisles to see if any Disney GCs show up.

We are also members of the Great Lake Scrip program, but I buy our grocery gift cards and then use them to buy Disney gift cards at the grocery store. We get 5% back and it goes into my son's music account. I figure every 5% helps and it is better than the 2% back buying the Disney gift cards on the site. Happy shopping!:)

Just got back from Meijer Store. They are running a promotion, when you buy a $25 gift card (they have a large selection of cards for different stores and restaurants), you get $10 off a pair of jeans. They are also running a sale buy one pair of jeans, get one half off. However, if you do the gift card, the first pair of jeans is reduced by $10, then another 50% off. I had hoped that I could buy one pair, get the second pair half off, and then get $10 off, but the register wouldn't allow it. They do have jeans on clearance, but the sign said no clearance for the gift card promo. They do have self check out registers if anyone else is wiling to try. So, I bought a $25 Disney gift card and a pair of jeans for $37.93. I had the cashier ring each transaction separate to get three gift cards, the cashier was kind of crabby. Oh well, and he wasn't even aware of the gift card promo. Next time I'm using the self checkout anyway! Not a bad promo, if you need jeans!

sandyw1965 said:
Just got back from Meijer Store. They are running a promotion, when you buy a $25 gift card (they have a large selection of cards for different stores and restaurants), you get $10 off a pair of jeans. They are also running a sale buy one pair of jeans, get one half off. However, if you do the gift card, the first pair of jeans is reduced by $10, then another 50% off. I had hoped that I could buy one pair, get the second pair half off, and then get $10 off, but the register wouldn't allow it. They do have jeans on clearance, but the sign said no clearance for the gift card promo. They do have self check out registers if anyone else is wiling to try. So, I bought a $25 Disney gift card and a pair of jeans for $37.93. I had the cashier ring each transaction separate to get three gift cards, the cashier was kind of crabby. Oh well, and he wasn't even aware of the gift card promo. Next time I'm using the self checkout anyway! Not a bad promo, if you need jeans!

Thank you for sharing, but this deal was posted a few days ago already:

teresajoy said:
If anyone has a Meijer near them, they have a promotion going right now (through October I believe) where you buy a $25 GC and you get $10 off a pair of jeans. They had jeans for $10 last week, so I got quite a few free pairs for my daughter. I discovered by accident that you could buy a $25 Meijer GC and then use that GC in another transaction to purchase a $25 Disney Gift card. The cashier called a manager over to make sure they could do this, and the manager told her that as long as it went through, to go ahead. So for $25 I got two free pairs of jeans and a $25 Disney card.

I found mine in the electronics department, see my post below. The peg hook was empty, but an employee stocked them for me, after I asked if they had any more!

I have been in our local Target looking for Disney gift cards with no success. I even ask an associate to be sure and was told they are not even in the system anymore. Boo! Hoo!:sad:

I am an avid fan of cardpool and giftcardgranny . Check giftcardgranny and they will tell you if any legitimate gift card trade websites are selling disney cards. Last week they had a few for 8% off. I have used cardpool numerous times and it is great! I bought two $75 lane bryant cards last week for $60 each and a petco one this week for 13% off, all shipped within 7 days and balance is gaurenteed just a thought.......

be careful because the majority of the Disney GC offered at discount on site such as plastic jungle, etc. are only for merchandise!

Has anyone been able to use a Sam's Club GC to buy Disney GCs?

We could get Sam's Club gc through the script program but did not want to if I would not be able to get Disney gc with them.

If it would not work has anyone been successful with any other script gc to purchase Disney ones?

We have Target, Sam's club, walgreen's possibly one of the regional grocery stores still carry Disney gcs. Just trying to figure out my best way to maximize my discounts.
Walgreen's gives the biggest % back but Sam's has them at discounted prices to start with.

Just an FYI - I had posted quite a few pages back about wondering why I could not pay my reservation online when others have reported being able to. I know why now.

I called the reservation number this morning to ask why I didn't have a link to pay online. The CM directed me to Tech Support saying that they could "reset" my account.

Tech Support said the CM was mistaken and there was nothing to reset. Further, that the system is not set up to accept online payments for Room Only reservations, which is what I have. The only options are to call in the payment or pay at check-in.

I called Reservations back, armed with a few of the Disney GC from my stack, and paid on my reservation. The CM was super nice about taking the GC. I don't know why but I expected it to be a bigger bother than it was.

Of course, being Disney, YMMV but in case anybody were to run into the same scenario, there's the answer.

One last FYI - A PP mentioned that their Target didn't have the Disney GC any longer. Like Disney, YMMV but check in the electronics section for sure. I don't think the hourly employees know that unless they work in that department.

Our Target says they don't carry them any longer but there they are, in the Electronics section. Usually on the bottom rung of a display with GC for FaceBook, Burger King, Subway and a bunch of other places that I can't remember.

:wave2:

Has anyone been able to use a Sam's Club GC to buy Disney GCs?

We could get Sam's Club gc through the script program but did not want to if I would not be able to get Disney gc with them.

If it would not work has anyone been successful with any other script gc to purchase Disney ones?

We have Target, Sam's club, walgreen's possibly one of the regional grocery stores still carry Disney gcs. Just trying to figure out my best way to maximize my discounts.
Walgreen's gives the biggest % back but Sam's has them at discounted prices to start with.

I was able to do this back in 2010. Bought walmart scrip, took them to Sam's, paid $48.88 (I think! :scratchin) and got $50 gift cards. Then for every $50 GC you bought, you got a $10 Disney Store gc so I took those and bought shirts for the kids before we went.

It only takes a few minutes and they will give you a temporary card that you can use right away. They will mail you the permanent card in a little over a week from then.

While I have not tried to charge more I have heard that they they impose a limit of $250 until you have established a history with them. Therefore if trying to get a lot of cards it may be best to just get the $250 and repeat once that has cleared.

This happened to me this past May. I wanted to pay off our August trip and was only able to buy a small amount at a time. I will add that Target rules seem to really vary from store to store and none of the ones in my area would allow me to use a Target GC to purchase a Disney GC. The other thing I found is that none of our Targets carry anything higher than a $50 GC and because I wanted to pay off a $4,000 trip and save an extra 5%....well, you can do the math at just how many I had to purchase. Needless to say, it took me 3 weeks (partly b/c of the debit limit and partly b/c none of the stores had enough in stock), 3 stores and almost 3 hours to enter each and every GC into the system to pay that vaca off. My DH thought I was completely nuts. Now, not sure if it was already mentioned but I recently found out that our BJ's carries Disney GC's up to $100 increments and they are all 5% off everyday for members.

Just an FYI - I had posted quite a few pages back about wondering why I could not pay my reservation online when others have reported being able to. I know why now.

I called the reservation number this morning to ask why I didn't have a link to pay online. The CM directed me to Tech Support saying that they could "reset" my account.

Tech Support said the CM was mistaken and there was nothing to reset. Further, that the system is not set up to accept online payments for Room Only reservations, which is what I have. The only options are to call in the payment or pay at check-in.

I called Reservations back, armed with a few of the Disney GC from my stack, and paid on my reservation. The CM was super nice about taking the GC. I don't know why but I expected it to be a bigger bother than it was.

Of course, being Disney, YMMV but in case anybody were to run into the same scenario, there's the answer.

One last FYI - A PP mentioned that their Target didn't have the Disney GC any longer. Like Disney, YMMV but check in the electronics section for sure. I don't think the hourly employees know that unless they work in that department.

Our Target says they don't carry them any longer but there they are, in the Electronics section. Usually on the bottom rung of a display with GC for FaceBook, Burger King, Subway and a bunch of other places that I can't remember.

:wave2:

Thanks! I have checked in the electronics department. That is where I have been finding them for months. Now the last two months when I have gone to Target...no Disney GC. Not even a slot on the kiosk for them. This last trip I ask the associate to check in the computer system. No Disney GC in the system.:confused3

mommyrosa2 said:
This happened to me this past May. I wanted to pay off our August trip and was only able to buy a small amount at a time. I will add that Target rules seem to really vary from store to store and none of the ones in my area would allow me to use a Target GC to purchase a Disney GC. The other thing I found is that none of our Targets carry anything higher than a $50 GC and because I wanted to pay off a $4,000 trip and save an extra 5%....well, you can do the math at just how many I had to purchase. Needless to say, it took me 3 weeks (partly b/c of the debit limit and partly b/c none of the stores had enough in stock), 3 stores and almost 3 hours to enter each and every GC into the system to pay that vaca off. My DH thought I was completely nuts. Now, not sure if it was already mentioned but I recently found out that our BJ's carries Disney GC's up to $100 increments and they are all 5% off everyday for members.

It is within the rules/policy of every Target to accept a Target gc as payment on a Disney gc. If you are stopped from doing this I highly recommend you call Guest Relations, because there is no reason why that store should be making up its own rules.
As far as the debit limit, that is only on NEW debit card accounts. It is the same as if you are paying by a check. They want to see you establish a history of using the card and having the funds clear your account before they allow someone to clear your account. (Imagine someone taking a stolen checkbook, opening a card and using it to buy a TV. Just an example.)

christianweecare said:
Thanks! I have checked in the electronics department. That is where I have been finding them for months. Now the last two months when I have gone to Target...no Disney GC. Not even a slot on the kiosk for them. This last trip I ask the associate to check in the computer system. No Disney GC in the system. :confused3

Having a team member "check the system" for an item by name is often hit or miss. When you type a word into the program it assumes it is a key word and searches through the item names (as stated on the shelf label). Sometimes the names on the label are very vague and don't actually include the item's "street name", if you will. For example, Disney gift cards (and all similar cards for restaurants, movies and the like) are listed in the system "Entertainment Card $50", so doing a search for "Disney gift card" would not yield accurate results. I have aeached things i KNOW we carry for guests and had it not come up, so frustrating! The best way to do a search like that is using the item's "DPCI" number, Target lingo for item number. I just looked at a receipt and the DPCI for the $50 gc's is 276 03 0021. Try asking to search for that and you may get results, if nothing else possibly another store nearby carries them.

It is within the rules/policy of every Target to accept a Target gc as payment on a Disney gc. If you are stopped from doing this I highly recommend you call Guest Relations, because there is no reason why that store should be making up its own rules.As far as the debit limit, that is only on NEW debit card accounts. It is the same as if you are paying by a check. They want to see you establish a history of using the card and having the funds clear your account before they allow someone to clear your account. (Imagine someone taking a stolen checkbook, opening a card and using it to buy a TV. Just an example.)

I wasn't upset over the debit limit, just wished that had been explained to me when I asked that particular manager because I was very clear about why I was going to open one and what I had intended to use it for. He honestly didn't know about the limit and apologized profusely when I got to the cashier and wasn't allowed to make more than $150 in GC purchases, but I understood. Now as for the call, while I didn't call Guest Relations, I did take it a step further and placed a call to the corporate office and spoke with their Operations department (I work for a company that does a LOT of business with Target and got a contact name from one of our SVP's). I was basically told that it is up to each store manager's discretion as to whether or not they would allow using a Target GC to purchase any other GC, entertainment or otherwise. I also had an issue with one of the Target stores putting a limit on how many GC's I could purchase because they didn't want to get "wiped out" and that was exactly how that particular store manager put it, he wasn't very nice about either and I left fuming. Now, I will say that the third and last Target store I dealt with had a really nice manager who let me purchase as many Disney GC's as I wanted and she also told me that if I ever wanted to purchase a large amount of them in the future, that she had no problems with letting me buy out their entire store :rotfl: BUT not even she would let me use my Target GC towards the purchase of a Disney GC...at that point, I didn't even care to be honest....I was exhausted :upsidedow

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but you can actually get up to 10% (or more in some cases) off at Target if you use their Pharmacy. Basically for every 5 prescriptions that you fill at Target you get a coupon for 5% off all day, which can be combined with the 5% discount for using the Target red Debit/Credit card. By doing this, you end up at 10%.

You can also combine the 5% discount from the Pharmacy when paying with Target gift cards (which can be used to buy Disney Gift Cards, they just can't be used to by ones with Visa/Mastercard logos on them or other Target gift cards according to the fine print on the back of the gift card). Keeping this in mind, when you Target often offers a deal of a $25 gift card with each transferred or new prescription. So, you can get the 5% discount and free giftcards.

We also frequently get $5 off a $50 or more purchase in the mail, which can also be combined with any of these offers and used on Disney Gift Cards.

So, with 5 prescriptions you can end up with the following:
Buy $150 Disney Gift Cards (They are sold in $50 increments)
-$15 (10% discount by combining the Target Debt/Credit card and Prescription Discount)
-$5 of of $50
-$125 (5 x $25 Gift Card for Prescription Transfer)
Total Cash Needed (not including your prescription copays, which would be paid no matter where you get your prescriptions from): $5
Gift Cards Received: $150

Pretty good value there to me, no it won't work all the time, but depending on how many prescriptions your family has may work a few times.

At bare minimum, you can usually get a $50 gift card for $40. You can also increase this savings by buying discounted Target gift cards online.

For those having problems with buying Disney gift cards with Target gift cards, it clearly states on the Target gift card that the only thing you are not allowed to buy as far as gift cards go is the Visa/Mastercard gift cards and other Target Gift Cards (although some Targets will allow this). Point this out to the manager, if necessary. Also, do not pay for the cards in the electronics department (where they are usually located), they usually don't know what the rules are for everything, as they are mostly there to stock shelves and retrieve locked up items. Instead bring them to the front counter, it will save you a lot of time, especially if you end up needing the manager.

For those having problems with buying Disney gift cards with Target gift cards, it clearly states on the Target gift card that the only thing you are not allowed to buy as far as gift cards go is the Visa/Mastercard gift cards and other Target Gift Cards (although some Targets will allow this). Point this out to the manager, if necessary. Also, do not pay for the cards in the electronics department (where they are usually located), they usually don't know what the rules are for everything, as they are mostly there to stock shelves and retrieve locked up items. Instead bring them to the front counter, it will save you a lot of time, especially if you end up needing the manager.

I totally agree with this. DH works at Target and thought that you weren't allowed to get a discount off of the Disney Gift cards. Because Target doesn't allow a discount off of the purchase of Target gift cards. Well, The Disney Gift Cards are considered an entertainment card. That's why the discount is allowed.

Think of it this way. Target doesn't allow a discount on the Target Gift cards because you could buy one and turn around and use it in the store. You could use your 5% discount again, thereby getting 10% off. However, since you are buying a entertainment card, there aren't any such restrictions. That's why it's allowed.

Most team members don't realize this. That's why there so much confusion. My DH has been with Target for 22 years and told me that I taught him something.... And he's a manager... LOL!!

Don't go to the electronics department. Defintely go to the front. Oh and if you need other stuff and have a Target Gift card, buy it at the same time as you buy the Disney Gift Cards. If definitely helps....

DH has always said, if the registers allow it, who am I to say no?

I buy all my GC at BJ's, they are 5% of everyday for any member. Truth be told I am not even a member I ask my dad to go with me and we use his membership. :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter