Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
teresajoy said:
The Meijer one I posted.

I'm going to check out Meijer today. Costco also, I heard that they may be doing something with gift cards as well! Thanks!

I bought $2100 worth of Disney gift cards at Target on Friday and got the 5% off for using the Red Card.

tmcmommy said:
I bought $2100 worth of Disney gift cards at Target on Friday and got the 5% off for using the Red Card.

I need to look into the Red Card, not sure what it is or how it works. Thanks!

sandyw1965 said:
I need to look into the Red Card, not sure what it is or how it works. Thanks!

I have to go to the store to apply for the debit card or mail in an application. I'm going to the Target store, also gonna check out Meijer and Costco to see what their deals are with the Disney gift cards.

I have to go to the store to apply for the debit card or mail in an application. I'm going to the Target store, also gonna check out Meijer and Costco to see what their deals are with the Disney gift cards.

Bring a blank check with you so that they can get your banking information to set up the debit card.

GoofyMB said:
Bring a blank check with you so that they can get your banking information to set up the debit card.

Thanks! Do you happen know how long the process is or how soon I would get the card?

PrincessPiperMommy said:
I would love to hear what Costco is doing if you find out!!!

I am hoping to go today, it's Monday and my to do list keeps getting longer! I'll post if they have anything.

Thanks! Do you happen know how long the process is or how soon I would get the card?

It only takes a few minutes and they will give you a temporary card that you can use right away. They will mail you the permanent card in a little over a week from then.

While I have not tried to charge more I have heard that they they impose a limit of $250 until you have established a history with them. Therefore if trying to get a lot of cards it may be best to just get the $250 and repeat once that has cleared.

GoofyMB said:
It only takes a few minutes and they will give you a temporary card that you can use right away. They will mail you the permanent card in a little over a week from then.

While I have not tried to charge more I have heard that they they impose a limit of $250 until you have established a history with them. Therefore if trying to get a lot of cards it may be best to just get the $250 and repeat once that has cleared.

Thanks for the info!

I have been doing the Fuel Rewards at Jewel. Last week when you bought $100 in gift cards you got the $.05 on every $50 purchased plus $10 coupon if you buy a gas gift card. So I bought 5x$100 gift cards--got 5x$10 in coupons that can be stacked and $.50 fuel reward....hope that helps!

PrincessPiperMommy said:
I would love to hear what Costco is doing if you find out!!!

I would also like to know if Costco has any Disney gift card deals.

I checked the Costco website the other day and nothing was listed. It may not be updated or maybe they only put them out around Christmas time?
Kerri

Does anyone know or has anyone tried this recently - a few months back, when some of us got the discounted Target gift cards and then used them to purchase the Disney entertainment cards, there was talk that Target was going to make a change to stop you from purchasing other gift cards while paying with Target gift cards. Does anyone know if this ever happened, or if it was just a threat/rumor?

I have the opportunity to get a Target gift card, which I'd like to turn around into a Disney gift card, if it's still possible.

Thanks!

Does anyone know or has anyone tried this recently - a few months back, when some of us got the discounted Target gift cards and then used them to purchase the Disney entertainment cards, there was talk that Target was going to make a change to stop you from purchasing other gift cards while paying with Target gift cards. Does anyone know if this ever happened, or if it was just a threat/rumor?

I have the opportunity to get a Target gift card, which I'd like to turn around into a Disney gift card, if it's still possible.

Thanks!

I'll ask DH when he gets home from work today. He works at Target and will know if there has been anything implemented on this....

kdka421 said:

Thanks!

This is not true. The only "change" is that you can not purchase Visa or American Express cards, which I believe was never really allowed to begin with. Disney gift cards are not the same type of card as these in the Target inventory system, they are "entertainment cards", more like merchandise. You can still purchase a Disney card with a Target giftcard.

I was in Target yesterday and I couldn't even find Disney GCs. I'd sign up for a Red Card if I could save 5% on GCs.

sandyw1965 said:
Thanks for the info!

I got my red debit card from target today. I went to the electronics department to look for gift cards. The only one not hanging up was Disney. I found an employee, who had to get someone else, who had to go to the service desk for keys. Finally, they unlocked a cabinet and stocked the peg with $50 DIsney cards! I bought a few other things, along with 2 $50 cards, and was able to get 5% off my total purchase!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter