• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the people that did the 10% last year. It says one per household how do they enforce that ? Specially if you are paying with GC?

Hi everyone! Since things have changed so much the past few months my question is for someone that is starting new to this and wants to churn for a cruise next year what's the best way to get started? I've followed this thread for a while now and have been churning myself, but don't know right now what's the best way to have someone start Thanks in advance!

Question for the people that did the 10% last year. It says one per household how do they enforce that ? Specially if you are paying with GC?

I assume you're talking about the Target 10% off Target gift cards around the holidays? They don't enforce it. My DH and I made multiple trips to various Targets buying the max each time. Paying with a gift card was YMMV. I used both credit cards and gift cards to do it. But at one store, the guy would adamant I couldn't use a gift card. He called it "money laundering." (Uhhhh. No. That's not how you launder money.)

Hi everyone! Since things have changed so much the past few months my question is for someone that is starting new to this and wants to churn for a cruise next year what's the best way to get started? I've followed this thread for a while now and have been churning myself, but don't know right now what's the best way to have someone start Thanks in advance!

Right now? There's not really a way. We're all pretty much dead in the water.

I assume you're talking about the Target 10% off Target gift cards around the holidays? They don't enforce it. My DH and I made multiple trips to various Targets buying the max each time. Paying with a gift card was YMMV. I used both credit cards and gift cards to do it. But at one store, the guy would adamant I couldn't use a gift card. He called it "money laundering." (Uhhhh. No. That's not how you launder money.)

Thanks! Our local targets have self check out so if they offer the deal this year this might be the best way to go.

Thanks for this info. I've had m+ and have struggled to get it to be profitable for me. I'll try these ideas.

Where do you see the rewards? I'll open the rewards page in the app and it will be like a $2 eBay gc. No other choices. Sometimes it's Starbucks and that's all I ever see. Or a donation.
There is one picture on top, and underneath that 3 tabs: Sweeps, Shop and Donate. Click on Shop to get to the gift cards. They charge 2500 pts for $1, and you can get Amazon and ebay "cards" (they are all digital) for that amount, but I wait until I have enough for $5 (12500 pts).

Right now? There's not really a way. We're all pretty much dead in the water.
Thank you for the reply, from what I was reading that was my conclusion but wanted to make sure. She'll have to wait and see if something comes up in the future.

By the way, if you want to get technical about "the math", if you have a 10% discount and a 2% rebate, it's not precisely a 12% discount. If you were to buy $300 in gift cards, the 10% off would bring your in-store purchase to $270. You would earn a 2% rebate on that $270, or $5.40. So you received $305.40 worth of gift cards and rebates and paid $270 for them, a savings of $35.40. $35.40/$305.40 = 11.59% (rounded to 2 decimal places). It's a small difference to be sure, but it's always good to know (for example) that it's better to get a 10% discount than a 5% discount followed by another 5% discount. (.95 x .95 = 90.25% vs 90%).

Along the same lines, getting an extra 10% of something is never as good (mathematically) as 10% off. So when PPDG offers a $15 bonus gift card when buying a $150 gift card, it's less of a 'deal' than offering a $150 gift card for $135. ($15 off $165 = 9.09% off; $15 off $150 = 10% off).

I know a lot of us round off for simplicity's sake, but there are times where enough of these small differences start adding up.

My husband has a p/t job at Lowe's and he has described his frustration at trying to explain this to a customer when you are spending thousands of dollars. 10% off plus an additional 5% does not equal 15% off. :teacher:

I also use the weather.com app to get points and my newest addiction is 2048-it's about 20 points a day and the game is super addicting (IMO).

Do you know about the slide up, slide right trick? Swipe the tiles up, then right, repeat, repeat... Keep doing that as much as possible and you will get a higher score, and higher payout.

Thanks for this info. I've had m+ and have struggled to get it to be profitable for me. I'll try these ideas.

Where do you see the rewards? I'll open the rewards page in the app and it will be like a $2 eBay gc. No other choices. Sometimes it's Starbucks and that's all I ever see. Or a donation.
Click on the Rewards basket (lower right of home page) and then the Shop tab. That should give you several gift card options.
Also, when you are in a busy location, like a shopping center, open the Map and then click on the lower right button that has three lines and three dots. That shows what's in your immediate area and canned be claimed. But you can also just click on businesses to see what their prize value is without claiming them. Try to find the highest value ones you can-for me these are usually ATT, Best Buy, WalMart, Sam's and movie theaters. This month all gas stations are high.

I guess the churning method many of us have been doing might not work now, but there are always ways to save and earn. It just takes time, determination and some work. Visit the other thread titled "How are you saving for Disney". Several clever ideas there. Good luck!

Churning as we knew it isn't available right now. Most places that allowed you to buy a gift card with a gift card have shut that down. What most people are doing right now is finding ways to get higher rebates, either through a rebate website or their credit cards. Cashbackholic is a good place to start. Some people are getting points at their grocery when they buy gift cards, and use that to get cheaper gasoline. Others are going through swagbucks and similar websites to get smaller gift cards. There are still places online to buy discounted gift cards as well.

All of these methods carry RISK. You can get stuck with gift cards that you no longer can use. Your store can change their policy before you get your benefit. Websites can go away. Before you jump in, read a lot, and decide what would be best for you.

This is probably our last eBucks Bonus for the quarter, and the last one possibly ever where we can use GC>GC and earn eBucks on GCs.

Annnnd BB and $100 WG GCs are still sold out.

What's everyone buying?
I looked at the discounted cards and there's hardly anything even worthwhile. I'll probably see about gas cards along with some dining cards to give out at Christmas. I may looking into TRU as well since we have young children and I know I'll end up spending something there between Christmas and birthdays.

I looked at the discounted cards and there's hardly anything even worthwhile. I'll probably see about gas cards along with some dining cards to give out at Christmas. I may looking into TRU as well since we have young children and I know I'll end up spending something there between Christmas and birthdays.

I'll probably wait until tomorrow to see if anything worthwhile pops up.

I also use the weather.com app to get points and my newest addiction is 2048-it's about 20 points a day and the game is super addicting (IMO).
weather.com has removed M+ from their iphone app, and I haven't found any link from my 2048 app to M+. I do keep finding more for the iphone though. I now added Fortune Cookie, Hologram 3D and Daily History. I find that when you open an app, they direct you to others from their points page.

IF you are going to Disney soon, and IF you plan to eat at a Landry's restaurant (T-Rx, Rainforest Cafe, Yak and Yeti), the McCormick and Schmidt cards are on sale (19% off) and can be used at other Landry's venues.

These cards are only guaranteed for 45 days, so don't buy them unless you plan to use them soon.

UPDATE: Mc&S cards I bought in the past have said that they can be used at all Landry's restaurants. The ebay page for these cards says that they can be used at all Mc&S restaurants. This makes this purchase more problematic, since you don't know what will be on the card itself.

EBay churning is dying/will be completely dead soon. There are still ways to get gift cards by taking advantage of target GC deals, shop kick bestbuy gift cards, perk, swagbucks...

But eBay is no longer and option.

This is probably our last eBucks Bonus for the quarter, and the last one possibly ever where we can use GC>GC and earn eBucks on GCs.

Annnnd BB and $100 WG GCs are still sold out.

What's everyone buying?

I am actually going to buy stamps from the USPS store. There is shipping of $1.25, but I believe that is on a whole order, not per book (I haven't actually made the purchase yet, but in my cart, it says 1.25 shipping even though I put 10 books in there. I have a large invitation mailing going out in a few weeks, so that plus Thank You cards, plus Christmas cards...we will use a lot of stamps in the next few months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USPS-New-US-Flag-Booklet-10-/222092802755?hash=item33b5c33ac3

I did NOT get the promotion, and I am sulking. :sad::sad:

For those of you who want to churn a little bit, PPDG is selling $25 BB gc's.

Last edited:
I totally forgot about posting this when I went to BB to get GC I used the ibotta rebate to see if it will work even though it says it shouldn't in the fine print. I checked today and I was credited the $5.

I received the Bonus and noticed the following at the bottom of my e-mail:

*Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories).

Notice that the only gift cards excluded are eBay gift cards... Weren't ALL GCs rumored to be excluded?

*Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories).

Notice that the only gift cards excluded are eBay gift cards... Weren't ALL GCs rumored to be excluded?

Not a rumor. It's just not in effect yet. Off the top of my head, I think Oct 1?

I think that new rule goes into effect Oct 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter