Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then could you buy an Amex/Visa/MC prepaid card during sales at Staples/OfficeMax/Office Depot (e.g., $15 rebate when you buy $300), earn credit card reward points on that purchase, then use the prepaid cards as debit to buy GCs at your grocery store for gas rewards?

I know at some stores they check the card that it has your name on it. That could be why they use the words "ATM card". They can also code the machines to recognize the difference between an ATM card and a prepaid card running as debit. There is no way to know until someone tries it.

Then could you buy an Amex/Visa/MC prepaid card during sales at Staples/OfficeMax/Office Depot (e.g., $15 rebate when you buy $300), earn credit card reward points on that purchase, then use the prepaid cards as debit to buy GCs at your grocery store for gas rewards?
Couldn't say but that's very impressive thinking! It never would have occurred to me!

First, thank you to everyone on this thread who offers their experience and insight so freely. My family of 6 plus 2 in-laws are taking our first ever WDW trip in 2 weeks! I paid off the $7000 for our trip entirely with discounted GCs I've amassed through various avenues. I have another $3000 in GCs ready to go for spending money while we are there. I've averaged a 15% savings. So thank you!!

My question is this: I'm a bit nervous about the idea of carrying around that much money in gift cards while on vacation. Any ideas on how to minimize the risk? I'm planning on splitting them up in about $500 increments, so I won't have the entire $3000 on me at all times. If I were to "store" my gift cards electronically on an app such as AndroidPay, am I able to pay via the app in any of the restaurants, stores or kiosks on site? If not, for those of you who have used GCs on vacation, what's the best way to do this safely and wisely? (BTW- We are only staying onsite for 3 days, so using MBs and then paying with GCs will only work for part of our trip. The majority of the time, we are staying offsite and won't have the MB option.)

Thanks again for everything!!

First, thank you to everyone on this thread who offers their experience and insight so freely. My family of 6 plus 2 in-laws are taking our first ever WDW trip in 2 weeks! I paid off the $7000 for our trip entirely with discounted GCs I've amassed through various avenues. I have another $3000 in GCs ready to go for spending money while we are there. I've averaged a 15% savings. So thank you!!

My question is this: I'm a bit nervous about the idea of carrying around that much money in gift cards while on vacation. Any ideas on how to minimize the risk? I'm planning on splitting them up in about $500 increments, so I won't have the entire $3000 on me at all times. If I were to "store" my gift cards electronically on an app such as AndroidPay, am I able to pay via the app in any of the restaurants, stores or kiosks on site? If not, for those of you who have used GCs on vacation, what's the best way to do this safely and wisely? (BTW- We are only staying onsite for 3 days, so using MBs and then paying with GCs will only work for part of our trip. The majority of the time, we are staying offsite and won't have the MB option.)

Thanks again for everything!!

You can combine on disneygiftcard.com up to $1,000 per card so you only have 3 cards.

@Disneyfor8 - Here are some ideas: http://disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-what-if-lost-combining.3543094/

When staying onsite, leave your GCs in a safe back at the room, and use MagicBands to charge to your room and pay off the tab at the front desk with GCs every day or two in lump sums.

When staying offsite, keep a secure list of your GC numbers/PIN and use disneygiftcard .com to manage the balances on your cards. You can access disneygiftcard .com from your smart phone and transfer balances between cards you have the numbers to, to cards you have physical access to. Keep in mind when you transfer on disneygiftcard .com, you can only transfer the entire balance of one card to another, and each card can hold a maximum of only $1000.

I can't believe nobody wished me a happy 1-year anniversary yesterday! :sad:

Ok - joking aside, it's been a great year. You are all incredibly helpful and sharing and supportive. I learned so much and saved so much! I'd tell you how much, but I'm afraid the IRS is watching! :rolleyes1

Anyway, as the churning gravy train is pulling into its last stop, I want to say it's been a great ride. I hope we can dig up some other inventive ways to save money and cut corners here and there. I look forward to whatever the future holds.

10% ebay Bucks on >$50 through tomorrow.
This is probably our last eBucks Bonus for the quarter, and the last one possibly ever where we can use GC>GC and earn eBucks on GCs.
Annnnd BB and $100 WG GCs are still sold out.
What's everyone buying?

I'm not sure I'm even happy about this new promo, lol! It's so hard to get such a great promo, the kind we always wanted to get, and not take advantage of it! I have 500 in Wgc's waiting to be converted to either ebay or Disney.

Waiting to convert to ebay till I'm sure what I'm doing. Anyone hear if newly purchased ebay gc's are still working? Or have they started not allowing anymore? I'm assuming they are, as I haven't heard different yet.
And, still BB and $100 Wgc's are out. They do have $50 cards, so that'd be $20 in shipping, so netting me $30 in ebucks, which isn't terrible, especially as it's the last one we'll be able to do anything on. I'm waiting till later tomorrow to see if anything comes back but my luck, they'll probably run out of the $50's by then, lol.

Also looking at buying a Disney gc from a private seller, but not much out there at the moment. I had some really good luck with them using our last bunch of ebucks in July, for myself and my DD26 getting $600 for $605. For ebucks redemption this last time, I'm just hoping for easy and BB being available again. Or I may try the BB ebay store or Target ebay store as then I'll basically be out unless things change in the future.

Looking for some thoughts and opinions on the following. So, I'm watching a Disney merchandise credit item at the moment. It's got $640 some dollars on it for $550 buy it now,(was weird, while I was on the page, went back to the my search page to look for other deals, the buy it now price suddenly went from $585 down to $550, I thought it was maybe a different deal, but it was the same one.). Now over a couple trips we'd probably spend that much in merchandise but wondering, is this all you can use it for? Can I only use it in the parks? And can I use it at restaurants at all? Thinking not, but don't really know. Also, is this something that can be drained after I get it? It says they have 3 others same value they will post as well. But I'm not sure the drawbacks to a card like this, and just looking for opinions from some others here that may think of things I haven't. I don't want to end up with something I can't use or lose my money on, but it's free shipping compared to wgc's, and about 90 more in value than I'd pay for it, with $55 ebucks.

@Minniekins, the merchandise credit you're looking at, I believe, may be Disney Store merchandise credit and can only be spent in a Disney Store (and cannot be used toward tickets, passes, or gift cards).

@Lain Hmm, it says it can be used in Disneyland resort or WDW, it's green and it says on the front "Disney Parks Merchandise Credit". But I wouldn't want to chance it if they were wrong or lying. Be nice to know for sure though. Thanks!

I have scrolled through the past few pages and haven't seen anything (I could have very well missed it)-is Walgreens still a go on smaller amounts for Disney/eBay?

Also looking at buying a Disney gc from a private seller, but not much out there at the moment. I had some really good luck with them using our last bunch of ebucks in July, for myself and my DD26 getting $600 for $605. For ebucks redemption this last time, I'm just hoping for easy and BB being available again. Or I may try the BB ebay store or Target ebay store as then I'll basically be out unless things change in the future.

Looking for some thoughts and opinions on the following. So, I'm watching a Disney merchandise credit item at the moment. It's got $640 some dollars on it for $550 buy it now,(was weird, while I was on the page, went back to the my search page to look for other deals, the buy it now price suddenly went from $585 down to $550, I thought it was maybe a different deal, but it was the same one.). Now over a couple trips we'd probably spend that much in merchandise but wondering, is this all you can use it for? Can I only use it in the parks? And can I use it at restaurants at all? Thinking not, but don't really know. Also, is this something that can be drained after I get it? It says they have 3 others same value they will post as well. But I'm not sure the drawbacks to a card like this, and just looking for opinions from some others here that may think of things I haven't. I don't want to end up with something I can't use or lose my money on, but it's free shipping compared to wgc's, and about 90 more in value than I'd pay for it, with $55 ebucks.
This is also cross posted on a FB group..... I think it's the same one based on description- and the FB listing says merchandise only .... but it looks like it works in parks(?) I personally wouldn't chance it. What kind of credit would that be? only on merchandise?

@Minniekins, I did not even know Disney Parks issued merchandise credit; I know the Disney Store issues those all the time. I found this online:

Disney Parks Merchandise Credit Terms and Conditions
Use of the Disney Parks Merchandise Credit is acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
  1. Protect your Disney Parks Merchandise Credit and treat it as you would cash.
  2. The Disney Parks Merchandise Credit is not valid for use until purchased, activated and monetary value added.
  3. The Disney Parks Merchandise Credit can only be used at select participating locations at Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort.
  4. Check with individual locations for program participation before redemption.
  5. At the Disneyland® Resort, the Disney Parks Merchandise Credit can be redeemed ONLY at select Parks Merchandise locations. Not accepted or valid for use for room service or lockers. Not valid or accepted at fruit carts, outdoor vending locations, third party lessees, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops, Midway games, Face Painting, Disneyland® Kennel Club, or Downtown Disney® District Operating Participant locations. Not accepted at parking lots at Disneyland® Resort Hotel or Downtown Disney®
  6. At the Walt Disney World® Resort, the Disney Parks Merchandise Credit can be redeemed at select Parks Merchandise locations.
  7. Except as required by applicable law: the Disney Parks Merchandise Credit is not redeemable for cash.
  8. The Disney Parks Merchandise Credit cannot be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen without required proof of purchase and complete Parks Merchandise Credit number.
  9. The Disney Parks Merchandise Credit may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.
  10. The Disney Parks Merchandise Credit may not be used towards the purchase of food and beverage items, Theme Park tickets, or Disney Gift Cards.
  11. The Disney Parks Merchandise Credit may not be used towards the purchase of a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort.
  12. The maximum load, reload, and total balance of any Disney Parks Merchandise Credit is $1000.00.
  13. The Disney Parks Merchandise Credit is issued by Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. reserves the right to modify, alter, amend or change the terms and conditions of program without advance notice.
  14. This card may not be used with any other merchandise discounts, including but not limited to Cast Member discounts.

CardCash .com is offering 5% off on ALL gift cards today, if you use the code RAINING.

They have GameStop - which I believe can still be turned to Southwest, Starbucks (not many left) and several gas companies, plus a lot more.

I'd love to know what exactly they returned without a receipt to have a merchandise credit that big......

I returned a sweatshirt at WDW in June that I had purchased in April that fell apart after one wash. I could not find my receipt anywhere so they gave me a merchandise credit. The card was green just like you are describing. FWIW, I was able to use it in MouseGears at Epcot and also purchased some prepackaged snacks inside the AKL resort gift shop.

Ebay is tempting me with Kmart "Pre-Owned Paper Card" at 5% off. Plus 10% ebucks. I have been successful converting Kmart to Disney. But the "Pre-Owned Paper Card" has me scared. I know eGC are troubling at Kmart. But I'm not sure about these. Anyone have any experience with these???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter