Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean - Jan 9 2016

Hello all fellow cruisers!! I was wondering if there was an ACTUAL place where we could all give each other our info for FE?? seems silly to have to keep going through the news feed to see if someone is added... plus we could just print it out when its time to go..... if there is a spot where this is happening...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me find it!!! as i truly feel very lost on here and am excited to do the FE!!

Hi! I am new to dis board. I've been looking at posts for a while but I'm new to posting. I found out about the FE ans we want to be a part of it. Do you know where we to go sign up for this cruise?
i have been asking this question as well....i hope someone helps us so we dont miss out.

It appears that a Fish Extender groups has not yet been started for this cruise, so I am willing to organize this one.

If you would like to participate in the Fish Extender, please PM me the following information:
Cabin Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Ages of Children:
Gender of each adult and child, if you wish to avoid a "boy" gift being given to a girl or vice versa.
List Names, if so desired:

In order to keep this safe and fun for all, please list all Allergies or items you can't have for religious or other reasons (don't care what the reason is, just the items, such as alcohol, pork, coffee, etc.):
Please specify if these items should not be given to your cabin at all or if it applies to specific people in your cabin. If it applies to specific people, please mention which ones, either by name or age and gender depending on the information you shared.

If there is any information you would prefer not to share, please feel free to skip it. But we do need to know a minimum of cabin number and the number of people (preferably number of children and adults) in your cabin. If you do not know your cabin number yet, just let me know, I will print lists and markup the changes and have them available at our cabin on the first night of the cruise.

If someone else would prefer to organize, I won't be offended and will pass any information that I have already received along. I do not want to step on any toes.

NOTE: If you don't have enough posts to send a PM, you can either post directly on this thread or make one word/letter posts to bring your post counts up on the Technical Support/Test board at: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Current FE List:
  • cmwade77, Cabin GTY, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Chris - Eva, Allergies & Other Information: Coffee - Tea (Except Herbal) - Alcohol
  • MommyTo5, Cabin 5020, 2 Adults - 1 Child, Adult Names: Angie - J.D., Children Name - Gender - Age: Baby Boy - Due 06/23/15
  • Mom 2 2 plus 3, Cabin 6106, 3 Adults - 2 Children, Adult Names: Danielle - Adam - Sue, Children Name - Gender - Age: Austin - Boy - 9 - Rhionna - Girl - 5,
    Allergies & Other Information: Alcohol
  • alltvseries, Cabin 8065, 2 Adults
  • ColonFamilia, Cabin 7596, 2 Adults - 3 Children, Adult Names: Ray - Vanessa, Children Name - Gender - Age: Alex - Boy - 9 - Elisa - Girl - 14 - Ana - Girl - 15
If you do not see your name in the list above and wish to sign up or if you see an error in the list, please PM me or post on this thread.

Please note that I am also organizing the Fish Extender for our cruise we are taking in May, so when sending a PM, please specify that it is for the Star Wars cruise.

I think I want to participate in this, but I am trying to understand the FEs a little more. Will I be assigned one stateroom family to give gifts to or how do I know who to give gifts to? And what is the normal range of gift costs? I saw some FE gift ideas on pinterest that included some $60 earbuds. I don't want to sound like a cheap-o, but I assumed this was just little happies (< $20). Just trying to understand before I sign up to join.

Oh, BTW, hello all cruisers. Excited to be cruising with you to a galaxy far, far away! It will be me and my DH, DD (6), and DS (3). This will be our fourth DCL, and I can't wait!!!

It appears that a Fish Extender groups has not yet been started for this cruise, so I am willing to organize this one.

If you would like to participate in the Fish Extender, please PM me the following information:
Cabin Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Ages of Children:
Gender of each adult and child, if you wish to avoid a "boy" gift being given to a girl or vice versa.

In order to keep this safe and fun for all, please list all Allergies or items you can't have for religious or other reasons (don't care what the reason is, just the items, such as alcohol, pork, coffee, etc.):
Please specify if these items should not be given to your cabin at all or if it applies to specific people in your cabin. If it applies to specific people, please mention which ones, either by name or age and gender depending on the information you shared.

If there is any information you would prefer not to share, please feel free to skip it. But we do need to know a minimum of cabin number and the number of people (preferably number of children and adults) in your cabin. If you do not know your cabin number yet, just let me know, I will print lists and markup the changes and have them available at our cabin on the first night of the cruise.

If someone else would prefer to organize, I won't be offended and will pass any information that I have already received along. I do not want to step on any toes.

NOTE: If you don't have enough posts to send a PM, you can either post directly on this thread or make one word/letter posts to bring your post counts up on the Technical Support/Test board at: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Current FE List:
  • cmwade77, Cabin GTY, 2 Adults, Adult Names: Chris - Eva, Allergies & Other Information: Coffee - Tea (Except Herbal) - Alcohol
  • MommyTo5, Cabin 5020, 2 Adults - 1 Child, Adult Names: Angie - J.D., Children Name - Gender - Age: Baby Boy - Due 06/23/15
  • Mom 2 2 plus 3, Cabin 6106, 3 Adults - 2 Children, Adult Names: Danielle - Adam - Sue, Children Name - Gender - Age: Austin - Boy - 9 - Rhionna - Girl - 5,
  • ColonFamilia, Cabin 7596, 2 Adults - 3 Children, Adult Names: Ray - Vanessa, Children Name - Gender - Age: Alex - Boy - 9 - Elisa - Girl - 14 - Ana - Girl - 15
If you do not see your name in the list above and wish to sign up or if you see an error in the list, please PM me or post on this thread.

Please note that I am also organizing the Fish Extender for our cruise we are taking in May, so when sending a PM, please specify that it is for the Star Wars cruise.[/QUO
##### TRNG TO GET ADDED TO FE GROPE

Cabin Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Ages of Children:

Current FE List:
  • ColonFamilia, Cabin 7596, 2 Adults - 3 Children, Adult Names: Ray - Vanessa, Children Name - Gender - Age: Alex - Boy - 9 - Elisa - Girl - 14 - Ana -
  • If you do not see your name in the list above and wish to sign up or if you see an error in the list, please PM me or post on this thread.
Please note that I am also organizing the Fish Extender for our cruise we are taking in May, so when sending a PM, please specify that it is for the Star Wars cruise.

TRYing to add to be on the list for FE group
Star Wars cruise January 9th 2016
Stateroom 6098
2 adults JIM (m)and ROBYN(f)
1 child Maverick (m) 9 yrs old
No allergies
Jim like Goofy , rye, NO veggies!! Lol
ROBYN like Tinkerbell , Malibu, and cookies
Maverick LOVES Stitch , chocolate milk , STEAK!!!

Hello all fellow cruisers!! I was wondering if there was an ACTUAL place where we could all give each other our info for FE?? seems silly to have to keep going through the news feed to see if someone is added... plus we could just print it out when its time to go..... if there is a spot where this is happening...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me find it!!! as i truly feel very lost on here and am excited to do the FE!!

I believe that the way the FEs run through DISBoards works is that you just sign up on the thread, and someone keeps track and dispenses the information. Board rules do not allow the use of Google Docs and other boards.

My DM and I want to be a part of the FE group! Our cabin number is 2025, it will just be she and I. She will be 67 then and I will turn 41 while on this cruise (January 11). Her name is Leigh and mine is Kristie. Neither of us drink, so no alcohol please. Thanks and we so excited to be a part of this and to go on our first Disney cruise!

For those participating in the FE, would you mind either replying here or messaging me with your/your family's favorite characters and such? I'm trying to get ideas for my FE gifts and having an idea of everyone's likes will be helpful. (I'm a big time planner, I'm in the process of updating/renovating our house largely by myself to sell, AND we'll be moving later this year, so I need a head start!) TIA!

My DM and I are huge Mickey and Donald Duck fans. My DM loves to read and she and I both love chocolate!

Woukd anyone be interested in signing up for a private mixology class for members of this group if I organized one?

Hello fellow Star Wars fans! With a strange twist of fate my family and I will "hopefully" be joining you on this cruise. I say hopefully as this is our 3rd cruise from our original onboard booking - and discount time is running out! It started in the Baltics for Jun (darn Work Schedule!), Eastern Caribbean in Aug (darn Percussion Band Camp!) and now the Western Caribbean in Jan '16!! I hate having to wait so long - and leery of Castaway Cay water temp in Jan - but we sure are excited for Star Wars Day (at least Dad is!) and a new itinerary (we want to make it to Tulum Ruins!).

This is our 5th cruise (will finally make it to Gold after!), and I will be sailing with my DW, DS20 (College Boy who still likes to vacation with his family), DS15 (His first promotion to Vibe), and DD12 (Her first promotion to Edge).

We probably won't do FE - did it once before and it was super fun for the kids when they were little - but Dad wants to take this one easy and not add to the vacation "to-do" list yet.

Here's hoping we stay with you all the way to cruising this time!

Yes, if you see my link in my signature at the bottom. I will also PM out the list once finalized. As the cruise gets closer we will need to establish a cut off date.

For all of the veteran disney cruisers out there any tips or advice for first time disney cruisers? We both seasoned cruisers but first time on DCL?

For all of the veteran disney cruisers out there any tips or advice for first time disney cruisers? We both seasoned cruisers but first time on DCL?

Well, I have only cruised Disney - so I am not a good source of what would differ from a Disney vs other cruise lines. My only general tip I can think of is to read these Disney Cruise DISBoards. I had never cruised before (and was a reluctant cruiser!) when we went on our first Disney cruise and somehow someone guided me to these boards. Needless to say I felt like I had been a seasoned Disney cruiser when we got on-board!

That said, I certainly have lots of tips and would be glad to answer any questions you have - my first being always get the earliest boarding time you can make and wear your swim gear under your clothes so you can hit the pools and AquaDuck right away! The lines will never be shorter (except during first dinner/show seatings)!

Good luck!

Well, I have only cruised Disney - so I am not a good source of what would differ from a Disney vs other cruise lines. My only general tip I can think of is to read these Disney Cruise DISBoards. I had never cruised before (and was a reluctant cruiser!) when we went on our first Disney cruise and somehow someone guided me to these boards. Needless to say I felt like I had been a seasoned Disney cruiser when we got on-board!

That said, I certainly have lots of tips and would be glad to answer any questions you have - my first being always get the earliest boarding time you can make and wear your swim gear under your clothes so you can hit the pools and AquaDuck right away! The lines will never be shorter (except during first dinner/show seatings)!

Good luck!
Thanks for the info! Any advice on Castaway Cay?

Love Castaway Cay! It has that same magical feeling like being in a Disney park - only its a beach!

Let's see, few points of advice off the top of my head:
  • For excursions, definitely recommend Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure and snorkeling around the bay - whether you rent their equipment or bring your on. Fun and low cost.
  • If you run - or want a fun fitness goal - definitely recommend the Castway Cay 5K. Nice "quick" - and healthy! - tour of the island. And it should be cooler run in Jan!
  • Downside to cooler in Jan though - be prepared for cold temp and/or water! We have been to Castaway Cay end of Mar and end of Apr. Both times weather was cloudy and cool, and the water was cold - especially in Mar. We are from Ohio so it wasn't a complete shock, but even for us Ohioans it was still cold! (An aside, our Mar day was also cut short. The ship had issues docking and after multiple attempts made it in around noon. They canceled the buffet lunch but we still got some time on the island. My understanding is winter months tend to get the most issues with docking. So keep it in mind. I can't say its not a disappointment when it happens, but we went in knowing it does from time to time and our kids were good sports about it. We went and saw an extra screening of the Muppet Movie before we docked as they add more stuff on ship it it happens - no worries, be happy, you are on vacation!)
  • Kids still loved it even when it was cold - their favorite is the water slides at Pelican Plunge.
  • Don't worry about finding a place to sit - plenty of spots even with umbrellas. Yes, with a full Fantasy we could be on the crowded side. But the beach was expanded to accommodate the larger ships and we never had an issue finding a place.
  • Cookies and Cookies Too - the lunch buffet - is very good but it gets crowded and hard to find a place to sit at the peak (12-1), so recommend going right at the beginning or end of the time window.
  • And for some strange reason, the beach seems to clear early - as early as 2-3 - even when you are not required to be on till 4:30 or so. So this is a good time to really enjoy the beach with little crowds and swim, float or snorkel with no-one around! We usually stay right until the last tram :-). Also makes it nice to get plenty of pictures next to the ship with no-one around.

Love Castaway Cay! It has that same magical feeling like being in a Disney park - only its a beach!

Let's see, few points of advice off the top of my head:
  • For excursions, definitely recommend Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure and snorkeling around the bay - whether you rent their equipment or bring your on. Fun and low cost.
  • If you run - or want a fun fitness goal - definitely recommend the Castway Cay 5K. Nice "quick" - and healthy! - tour of the island. And it should be cooler run in Jan!
  • Downside to cooler in Jan though - be prepared for cold temp and/or water! We have been to Castaway Cay end of Mar and end of Apr. Both times weather was cloudy and cool, and the water was cold - especially in Mar. We are from Ohio so it wasn't a complete shock, but even for us Ohioans it was still cold! (An aside, our Mar day was also cut short. The ship had issues docking and after multiple attempts made it in around noon. They canceled the buffet lunch but we still got some time on the island. My understanding is winter months tend to get the most issues with docking. So keep it in mind. I can't say its not a disappointment when it happens, but we went in knowing it does from time to time and our kids were good sports about it. We went and saw an extra screening of the Muppet Movie before we docked as they add more stuff on ship it it happens - no worries, be happy, you are on vacation!)
  • Kids still loved it even when it was cold - their favorite is the water slides at Pelican Plunge.
  • Don't worry about finding a place to sit - plenty of spots even with umbrellas. Yes, with a full Fantasy we could be on the crowded side. But the beach was expanded to accommodate the larger ships and we never had an issue finding a place.
  • Cookies and Cookies Too - the lunch buffet - is very good but it gets crowded and hard to find a place to sit at the peak (12-1), so recommend going right at the beginning or end of the time window.
  • And for some strange reason, the beach seems to clear early - as early as 2-3 - even when you are not required to be on till 4:30 or so. So this is a good time to really enjoy the beach with little crowds and swim, float or snorkel with no-one around! We usually stay right until the last tram :-). Also makes it nice to get plenty of pictures next to the ship with no-one around.

Thanks so much! I am so excited

Hello everyone! This will be our first cruise ever and we are so excited! I am just worried about the weather! It is myself, DH, DD ( will be 10), and DS (will be 2.5). I really would love to sign up for the FE! Being our first cruise ever I am sure I will have questions about it. We have no special requests just need some advice. Oh and we are sailing January 9th, Star Wars! Yay!

This is our 5th cruise (will finally make it to Gold after!), and I will be sailing with my DW, DS20 (College Boy who still likes to vacation with his family), DS15 (His first promotion to Vibe), and DD12 (Her first promotion to Edge).

Kevin, our college ds (will be 21 by the cruise) will be onboard also! From what I've heard, it looks like there will be quite a few college kids on this cruise - I think I've counted about a dozen so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter