• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy June 6, 2015

Cruise Meet

• Total voters
We are the parents of supermomwannabe, and we are so excited to go on our first Disney cruise June 6th! It's going to be a wonderful celebration of Rick's retirement!

How dressed up do we need to be for the more formal nights? I would like to wear pants and not a dress. I am not a dressy sort of person.

You don't have to be overly dressed up on formal nights. You will see all levels of 'formal' on the ship. I'm not a dress type person either - but I love the pants that look like a long skirt. Just wear something you feel comfortable in and enjoy your cruise. Many people wear Sunday casual type clothes on formal night - others look like they are going to the prom. The only places on the ship with dress code are the adult formal dining areas of Remy and Palo - you would need to dress up for those - but I have worn nice pants and a blouse - men require a tie and coat for those two places.

Depending on the size of the F/E group we may decide to split the list. It started out pretty small but we are now up to 23 cabins so if the growth continues we may, as a group, decide to split it into two.

Do you give gifts to everyone on the list?

What excursions would you recommend, specifically for our group??

Mom & Dad (us, 30's...adventurous)
Girl - 8 -- has discovered a love of snorkeling
Boy - 5 -- not a great swimmer
Grandma & Grandpa
2 aunts and uncles (30's)
infant

Really hard to say with that group....if you all go together then you are stuck with the activity level of your least active person. You could split up. You can use the kids clubs and nursery and do an adult type outing. We love the bike riding on Castaway Cay - they do have infant seats on some of the bikes and training wheels so it is good for all ages.

How do we get signed up for the FE?

I tried to DM the name listed but I didn't have 10 points so I couldn't.

That is tricky. You can post all your information here on the board if you would like or just do 10 quick posts to get your count up. We have all been there - you can just type Posting to get points or something like that multiple times and then you will be able to send a PM.

We're in.... Our family:

Me - Kevin
DW - Julie
DD - Jewel will be 14

Hoping our DD can connect to some kids her age right away. She is social but has a hard time breaking the ice. This is our second time on Fantasy and last time my son went when he was 15 and had a blast with about 20 other kids all week.

Currently we have 26 cabins - 50 adults, 26 children, 15 teens, signed up for the F/E group. I would like to know your preferences on when we should consider breaking it into smaller groups. If you really want a large group you could participate in both groups but if you are doing something that would be overwhelming with a large group let us know.

Hi Everyone!

We are on this cruise too! It is me with my husband Ed and our daughter Abbie. We are traveling with Bode (already listed on this link) and our friends the Forsberg's (they are not on the boards - but Jocelyn, her daughter Jaz, and two teen boys)

We are very excited to be back on the Fantasy - it will be our 4th time on the Fantasy. We just enjoyed our first Christmas cruise on the Magic and we loved it. We are looking forward to meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones!

Amanda

Please add us to the roll call, we'd like to do the FEs. 2nd Disney Cruise; 1st timers with FEs.

Our cabin includes; ::MickeyMohusband & ::MinnieMoself, ::MickeyMoson 8 & ::MinnieModaughter 5.

We are very excited and so need a vacation!!!

Please remove us from the cruise and FE lists as I have moved our sail date to September for DW's and my 20th anniversary. The plus is we saved $2500 over this date. Also, for those interested, stateroom 9120 (4A port side) is now available. It sleeps 4 (no Murphy bed) and does not have the slight (very slight) obstruction on the veranda.

Martin

Last edited:
Hi all - this will be our second Disney cruise. We were on the Fantasy in June of 2013 and did the Western Caribbean. Now we are very excited to visit the Eastern Caribbean.

Our family:

Me: Barbara
DH: Gene
DD: Clare (age 9 - will turn 10 one week after the cruise)8-)

We're in.... Our family:

Me - Kevin
DW - Julie
DD - Jewel will be 14

Hoping our DD can connect to some kids her age right away. She is social but has a hard time breaking the ice. This is our second time on Fantasy and last time my son went when he was 15 and had a blast with about 20 other kids all week.
My daughter (Rachel - also 14 on the cruise) is hoping to make some friends too!! I hope they connect and have a great time. My son Zachary (twins - also 14) will be there too. So Jewel already has a couple of kids to hang out with! Hopefully we'll get a meet & greet together so they can all meet up before going to the teen club I think it would be easier if you already knew a couple of kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter