Disney Fantasy- January 14, 2017- 7 nt Eastern Caribbean

I need ideas! We are traveling in 3 cabins, 2 connecting and one across the hall, with my parents (cabin 1), us (my husband, myself and our 5 yr old (cabin 2), and husbands father and nephew (17) (cabin 3). Our daughter turns 6 on the last day at sea (19th), and I want to make it special, but aside from the onboard activity extras, I need ideas from people who have celebrated birthdays on DCL, since we haven't!

All ideas are welcome and appreciated!

Ileana

My son is turning 6 on the 19th too! This is also Star Wars Day I heard! We are going to get a cake (I'm hoping to bring some small Star Wars figures to put on the cake because they don't seem to have themed ones other than Mickey and my son isn't really into him). Did you check out the birthday decorations for your room? I haven't seen much else but would love some ideas too!

Anyone else on the wait list for early dining? I'm really nervous we won't get it and my kids go to bed at 830! Keeping my then 3 year old up just won't be an option and I don't want to miss out on all of the dining experiences!

My son is turning 6 on the 19th too! This is also Star Wars Day I heard! We are going to get a cake (I'm hoping to bring some small Star Wars figures to put on the cake because they don't seem to have themed ones other than Mickey and my son isn't really into him). Did you check out the birthday decorations for your room? I haven't seen much else but would love some ideas too!

That is so cool! We'll have to try to get together on the 19th. So, I have prepped the order form for a cake, yes....(Since I am a Trekkie, should I be defiant and bring Star Trek characters and we can have a cake battle? LOL).

I think I am going to go to the Dollar Store / Tree and pick up decorations for a fraction of that cost.... I know dd will want to be in the Club at some point on that day, so we plan on surprising her with it.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Hi all,
I have gone through all the folks who have expressed interest in the FE program for our cruise. If you haven't heard from me via PM or via a reply on this thread, then I already have what info I need to put you in a group. PLEASE check your inbox and recent postings in this thread, especially if you have fewer than 10 postings (look for this number below your avatar on the left). Also, if you haven't done so yet, please either PM me or reply to this thread with your cabin number. I know I haven't asked specifically for it yet, but it will make things much easier on my end. My goal is to have the fish extender program completely closed with all final info distributed by December 1 via this thread. -Kathleen

You, Ma'am, are a Rock Star!
illy

Our son (Jackson) turns 6 on the 20th, so we are excited to spend his birthday on Castaway Cay.

L005, I was concerned about the late dining initially since my boys go to bed at 7:30 and 8:15, but after reading a number of boards on the topic, late dinner is not as bad as it sounds. From what I have read, a slight change in schedule and a time zone change (at least for us), the late dining is not a big issue. I am not going to let it concern me no more.

Our son (Jackson) turns 6 on the 20th, so we are excited to spend his birthday on Castaway Cay.

L005, I was concerned about the late dining initially since my boys go to bed at 7:30 and 8:15, but after reading a number of boards on the topic, late dinner is not as bad as it sounds. From what I have read, a slight change in schedule and a time zone change (at least for us), the late dining is not a big issue. I am not going to let it concern me no more.
I wish I didn't stress about everything, alas it seems to be in my nature :P

That is so cool! We'll have to try to get together on the 19th. So, I have prepped the order form for a cake, yes....(Since I am a Trekkie, should I be defiant and bring Star Trek characters and we can have a cake battle? LOL).

I think I am going to go to the Dollar Store / Tree and pick up decorations for a fraction of that cost.... I know dd will want to be in the Club at some point on that day, so we plan on surprising her with it.
Hahaha! My husband and I enjoy Star Trek as well but my son is obsessed with Star Wars right now! (And has no idea what Star Trek is yet lol!). I agree the decorations are really expensive - good idea on bringing your own!

How did the Silver members fare with cruise check in this past weekend? We got all the princess meet n' greets we wanted, along with Palo brunch on the second sea day, royal court tea for my girls and myself and BBB beforehand (for the crown package) plus the two excursions we wanted. Wheee!!

Also, I'm organizing the list for mixology. I'm actually doing it over on that other-social-media-site-that-can't-be-mentioned-here but feel free to pm me here. I will be starting the list in mid November as I need to email DCL 30 days before sailing with the names and cabin numbers of all who would like to attend mixology.

Hello again!
Keep those details and cabin numbers rolling in! My spreadsheet is looking a lot less anemic, but we've got a long way to go!

Again, if your name is listed below, PLEASE contact me as soon as you can so I can adjust the FE list-- I've posted something directly to you earlier in the thread:

RockChalkJayhawk
xCDOGx
waltdizknee
Ms.Possum
bean4422
lapetitekate

As a quick heads-up, my family heads to the Mouse this week to celebrate Halloween, so I will most likely not be checking in to the DIS or replying to much email until Nov 1. This gives you all plenty of time to fill my email and PM inbox with cabin numbers and anything else you'd like included on the FE spreadsheet.

IMPORTANT UPDATE for Fish Extender Folks!

I have created the first draft for the Fish Extender exchange. As of now, we have three subgroups of approximately 10 cabins each, with about 50 participants in each group. I am trying to gather all the personal info you have provided into the spreadsheet-- also, a few DIS folks have requested child/family names for personalization. Obviously, providing personal info is up to you, but anything you provide to me will be posted in a spreadsheet (cough, cough- disclaimer!).

I will be posting the first draft of the FE list no later than this Wednesday. If possible, PLEASE provide me your cabin number ASAP if you haven't done so yet. Either PM me, post here, or email with the address I listed earlier. Also, there are few families who did not provide any age/gender for their children participating. PLEASE review the spreadsheet when it is posted and update me with anything you'd like adjusted. By providing me with your cabin number, you are confirmed as a participant. An email/message-o-shame will be sent out November 15th, 2016 to anyone who has not checked in or provided cabin numbers yet.

DECEMBER 1, 2016 is the final cut-off for all participants. If you do not provide your cabin number by Dec 1, 2016, you will be removed from the Exchange. Tell your friends and shout it from the rooftops; while I want to give adequate time for folks to respond, there are a lot of crafty folks out there who deserve an accurate listing.

Several individual have contacted me because they have expressed interest in both the DIS fish extenders and the Facebook Fish Extenders list. Please note-- if you have requested to join a FE list through this thread, this IS NOT in any way related to the one on Facebook. If you have signed up for both in error, please contact me ASAP with which one you'd like to participate in. No worries either way, but I want to make it clear before folks get confused.

With all that said, look for the first official spreadsheet no later than Wednesday this week.

-Kathleen

FISH EXTENDER LISTS ARE HERE!

As of now, there are three subgroups:

1. Endor-- Officially closed w/ 15 cabins, with the exception of details being added/last names, etc.

2. Tatooine--Open

3. Jakku-- Open

PLEASE send me cabin numbers and any other info you want listed ASAP. I will post an updated Extender List in two weeks. Feel free to email me at any time at kathleenmariekelly at gmail dot com, and I'll send you my most current one. Also, please check my spelling, age/genders, etc. I apologize for any errors on my end, and I'll update as soon as I get your corrections.

Attachments

• FE_Jan2017_draft.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 22

L,

Is there anything C would like for his b-day? since you are on our list and we have matching LO b-days, I want to make sure my daughter can bring something wrapped for him. .... it would make her day. you can always let me know "off-DIS" ... aaack26 at yahoo dot com

Hi xCDOGx!
I am unable to send you private messages because you haven't reached the posting limit (10 I think). Could you confirm whether you want to participate in fish extenders? If so, can you reply with cabin detail?

Many thanks!
Kathleen

My wife decided to opt out on it. Thanks for double checking though.

Hello, we just booked a cabin on this sailing , myself, wife, 2 girls 9 and 7 years old. Curious, what is everyone planning for excursions in Tortola and st Thomas ?

I have a daughter turning 9 on the day before the cruise. We booked the Zip Line at 7:45AM for St. Thomas and we booked offsite with Aristocat Charters for Tortola (They said others from our ship had also booked).

How did the Silver members fare with cruise check in this past weekend? We got all the princess meet n' greets we wanted, along with Palo brunch on the second sea day, royal court tea for my girls and myself and BBB beforehand (for the crown package) plus the two excursions we wanted. Wheee!!

Also, I'm organizing the list for mixology. I'm actually doing it over on that other-social-media-site-that-can't-be-mentioned-here but feel free to pm me here. I will be starting the list in mid November as I need to email DCL 30 days before sailing with the names and cabin numbers of all who would like to attend mixology.

I did OK on my stuff. I got the brunch, dinners and excursion I wanted, so no complaints here. We also booked the Tea Party.

I would have interest in Mixology. I think I can receive PMs now, but if you want to message on that other place, I'm at /cstrock

L,

Is there anything C would like for his b-day? since you are on our list and we have matching LO b-days, I want to make sure my daughter can bring something wrapped for him. .... it would make her day. you can always let me know "off-DIS" ... aaack26 at yahoo dot com

Thank is really nice of you!! He loves lego/star wars/ reading/ super heros - he is pretty easy :D What about your daughter? What would she like? I think it's a great idea for them to exchange gifts - so cute!

Princess gathering sold out 10min in :( I didn't realize I should I booked that first. I went for Elsa and Anna first (they are dd's favorites!) got the character breakfast but then went for princesses and they were gone! Hoping to get some tickets on board!!!!

Princess gathering sold out 10min in :( I didn't realize I should I booked that first. I went for Elsa and Anna first (they are dd's favorites!) got the character breakfast but then went for princesses and they were gone! Hoping to get some tickets on board!!!!

I didn't realize how quickly things sell out and how impossible it is to book a group dinner at Remy. I even logged on at 9pm Pacific Time (12am Eastern Time, when it was released) last night and things sold out so fast. I hoping there are some availability once we get on board.

Thank is really nice of you!! He loves lego/star wars/ reading/ super heros - he is pretty easy :D What about your daughter? What would she like? I think it's a great idea for them to exchange gifts - so cute!

She likes Elena of Avalor, Ariel and Rapunzle, logos and stickers (you should see my poor monitor). We will have to coordinate an exchange!!!

Ok, I'm later the game... what is mixology?

Ok, I'm later the game... what is mixology?

Here's a good blog post from Scott, at DCL blog, regarding his experience with mixology on the fantasy. Basically you get together with the group and we get to drink 5 cocktails. We are also taught how to make each cocktail and for every round several people from the group get to go up and help make the cocktail. It's a lot of fun (we did it on the Wonder last year) and very reasonable (about $20 pp) so you get quite the buzz going on the cheap ;-)

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/03/mixology-on-the-disney-fantasy/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter